Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure how much pissing them all off will help with negotiations mind.

About as much as he gives a fuck about anyone other than himself

_95494745_sun.jpg

The Sun somewhat controversially now proposing that we all become sex slaves for Spanish men.

_95494745_sun.jpg

The Sun somewhat controversially now proposing that we all become sex slaves for Spanish men.

I saw that Caine interview the other day, he said he voted for brexit because "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant".

Michael Caine, net worth about $75 million.

When you're that rich, there's no concept of being a servant - that's what money absolves you from.

He also has previous as being a tax avoiding, whinging tory cunt so I'm not going to pay much attention to him.

It absolutely was. Although those Muslim domination marches are the things that gave rise to the EDL, so I'm not about to defend any of those fucknuts.

Of course not but they're British whether they like it or not. I mean, they don't get to define what is and what isn't British (although their attempts to do so would probably be fucking hilarious). UK citizens who turn to Islamic extremism aren't typical of the British way of life but they aren't typical Muslims either, by the same token. The crass attempts to link extremism, Islam and leaving the UK (quite what the fuck it has to do with the latter is anyone's guess) are thinly-veiled racism.

Re: the two groups you mention, put them in any town centre on a Saturday night and let them fight it out. What could be more British than that?

Of course not but they're British whether they like it or not. I mean, they don't get to define what is and what isn't British (although their attempts to do so would probably be fucking hilarious). UK citizens who turn to Islamic extremism aren't typical of the British way of life but they aren't typical Muslims either, by the same token. The crass attempts to link extremism, Islam and leaving the UK (quite what the fuck it has to do with the latter is anyone's guess) are thinly-veiled racism.

Re: the two groups you mention, put them in any town centre on a Saturday night and let them fight it out. What could be more British than that?

That last point is what I've felt UAF and the EDL should have done years ago. We could nominate Sunderland as the venue.

I watched an interview with Tommy Robinson on how the EDL got going, and actually, you can see how he ended up there. Of course he's just painting his side, but it sounds like the community he lived in was living in fear of violent gangs of asian men, embroiled in drugs, prostitution and all manner of general crime, and that local authorities were too scared to touch them. That's a failure of the establishment. Had stronger action been taken against such people, maybe we wouldn't have ended up here. But equally, maybe such action would have been branded Islamophobic and ultimately shouted down.

I always end up thinking the whole thing is a massive political failure based around a project that wasn't properly thought through, communicated, or reinforced with solid cultural education. So now we're all fucking terrified of each other.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's all just willy-waving. Or fanny-flailing.

We've never grasped the notion of compromise politics here, our parliament isn't geared towards it and we've always harboured an instinctive distrust of those mainland Europeans with their semi-circular parliamentary chambers and their weak-willed coalitions and all. Now might be a useful time to start understanding how they actually think.