Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saw a couple of tweets with the poster along side identical ones used by the Nazis in the 30s.

Farage defending it saying it's a real photo as of that makes it OK.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/16/mood-ugly-mp-dead-jo-cox

"At a ward meeting this week my local Labour councillor in Camden, north London, showed us a sign that had been left on a member’s car windscreen. The car had a remain poster on it and was parked round the corner from where I live. This is what the message said, printed in capitals (I’ve left the original spelling): “This is a lave [leave] area. We hate the foriner. Nex time do not park your car with remain sign on. Hi Hitler. White Power” – accompanied by racist symbols. The car’s owner had passed it on to the police."

I mean that is minging. But "Hi Hitler". [emoji38] Hiyaaaaaaaa! What a fucking retard.

@Dr Gloom , a quote from his link..

"The EU is making its people poorer"

That is true in a way, but if the EU wasn't tied into the global neo liberal system it would maybe be going about things differently.....its neo liberalism that is completely and utterly failing, and it's turning the poor (and not so poor) towards more of the fucktards who stand squarely behind it, the likes of Boris, Nigel and Donald, buying into their bullshit of "it's all immigrations fault, vote for us and you'll be free!" They're sleepwalking into more of what they're against. I can't quite believe how fucking depressing all this is.

Edited by PaddockLad

"At a ward meeting this week my local Labour councillor in Camden, north London, showed us a sign that had been left on a member’s car windscreen. The car had a remain poster on it and was parked round the corner from where I live. This is what the message said, printed in capitals (I’ve left the original spelling): “This is a lave [leave] area. We hate the foriner. Nex time do not park your car with remain sign on. Hi Hitler. White Power” – accompanied by racist symbols. The car’s owner had passed it on to the police."

I mean that is minging. But "Hi Hitler". [emoji38] Hiyaaaaaaaa! What a fucking retard.

Prolly Toynbee's written some good stuff lately, there's a great article on why "the poor" just aren't listening to common sense...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/13/brexit-supporters-leave-vote-right?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"At a ward meeting this week my local Labour councillor in Camden, north London, showed us a sign that had been left on a members car windscreen. The car had a remain poster on it and was parked round the corner from where I live. This is what the message said, printed in capitals (Ive left the original spelling): This is a lave [leave] area. We hate the foriner. Nex time do not park your car with remain sign on. Hi Hitler. White Power accompanied by racist symbols. The cars owner had passed it on to the police."

Don't lave me this way

Prolly Toynbee's written some good stuff lately, there's a great article on why "the poor" just aren't listening to common sense...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/13/brexit-supporters-leave-vote-right?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Can sum it up like this:

1) People with nothing to lose, or think they have nothing to lose, are reckless.

2) people are as thick as pig shit.

Wonder if Cameron thinks the promise of a referendum was a good idea now?

"At a ward meeting this week my local Labour councillor in Camden, north London, showed us a sign that had been left on a members car windscreen. The car had a remain poster on it and was parked round the corner from where I live. This is what the message said, printed in capitals (Ive left the original spelling): This is a lave [leave] area. We hate the foriner. Nex time do not park your car with remain sign on. Hi Hitler. White Power accompanied by racist symbols. The cars owner had passed it on to the police."

:lol:

Hi Hitler! Hi Heinrich! Hiya Josef! Hermann! Where do you think you're sneaking off to? Come and give me a big hug you old warbird, you!

Looking at the polls, there appears to be a fervour developing for Leave from working class Labour voters. This is backed up by the anecdotal reports many have linked to on here. Honestly, looks like game over for Remain now, we are leaving the EU. Difficult to pin a reason for this sudden swing, other than people have bought the Brexit lie. Not helped by a poor performance from Remain.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to blame Corbyn for a lot of this as well. He has been completely anonymous I'm this campaign, and it is his voters, the ones with the most to lose, that are swinging to Leave. Not surprising he has done fuck all really considering he is in fact a eurosceptic himself. What a fucking disaster his appointment has been for us all.

That's bollocks blaming it on Corbyn.

This was Cameron's idea and the campaign was his to win or lose. Ultimately though, if Leave wins it will be because a majority of people want to leave the EU and they are largely the sort of people that aren't open to discussion or argument. And that is why we should never have had a referendum, and it's why Cameron and his party shoulder 100% of the blame for this. Although I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear Labour supporters already preparing to blame it on Corbyn ffs.

The real far left are completely anti Europe Rents, always have been. It's like there's a school of thought that Cameron is personaly a huge euro sceptic, there's also one that Corbyn is too. Also he wouldn't share a platform with the tories after the jocks shafting labour for doing the same in the Indy referendum.

cameron's decision to call the referendum will go down as the biggest ever cockup by a peacetime PM if we end up leaving. even if it's a narrow victory for remain, he'll still want to start looking for a new job. gambling with the country's future to try to resolve a party political division ffs.

that doesn't excuse corbyn - and the labour party more broadly - for doing little to nothing to persuade their core supporters to follow the party line. they couldn't do it in the general election, but we've arguably more to lose here as we won't be able to vote to get back in in five years time. a lot of that is down to a lack of leadership from corbyn. he's barely mentioned brexit. we all know why. he thinks we're better out too but knows his position as party leader would be untenable if he said as much

Edited by Dr Gloom

That's bollocks blaming it on Corbyn.

This was Cameron's idea and the campaign was his to win or lose. Ultimately though, if Leave wins it will be because a majority of people want to leave the EU and they are largely the sort of people that aren't open to discussion or argument. And that is why we should never have had a referendum, and it's why Cameron and his party shoulder 100% of the blame for this. Although I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear Labour supporters already preparing to blame it on Corbyn ffs.

The vast majority of blame is on Cameron's shoulders, no doubt. But Remain needed a positive proactive voice in support of the EU, a swing of a few % of their core vote would have been enough. But Corbyn has been utterly ineffective in doing this, so there's been no counter balance to the debate from the left. It's like he couldn't be arsed getting out of bed. He's utterly useless as a leader, one day you will admit this.

But if he's as useless as you claim, then his intervention would have been to no avail.

He gets 10% for effort and 5% for attainment.

Perhaps electing a back benched with a history of euroscepticism and contrariness was not the best idea.

Aren't Labour voters still at about 2/3rds for Remain? It's not like Labour has been rapidly losing Remain voters.

That said, Rents, for what it's worth, this has shaken my faith in him. I'm hugely pro-Europe and will be gutted if we leave. I wish he'd come out more strongly on this, but given the state of the Tories and the high likelihood that we're getting another general election very soon, I think there's a case to be made for Labour positioning themselves as far outside of this as they can. The were killed in the last GE over the Scotland affair, it'll be hard for anyone to pin this on them. Corbyn has made this all about the Tories.

After this all goes down, Corbyn might even look like a viable person to vote for. He hasn't sullied himself in the eyes of the working class in this campaign, and he'll look a fucking load more competent than the Tories to everyone else.

For clarity though, that's not worth it for me. I can see his view, if that's it, but I'd rather have the Tories and be in Europe than have Labour and be out.