Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol:

Marina Hyde is literally the only likeable columnist in the Guardian these days.

Aside from that, this whole thing is an utter farce now. The country deserves to be taken out back and shot if it votes to leave. Which is convenient, as that's basically what will happen.

But if you think about it, would you admit it is at least plausible that the UK car market will be at a significant disadvantage if we leave the free market? Why do the words of Nissan and Hitachi themselves not concern you? As for us joining the Euro, I'm not sure that is a comparable situation. Iirc as well Nissan was subject to a large government sweetener at the time to stay. I wouldn't be confident of that happening again. Personally, I think if you are a Nissan employee or involved in its supply chain you are mad if you vote leave.

Wife's friend works in the NHS and her lad works in Nissan. Both are voting out. He's an ex-army kid from Yorkshire. My youngest daughter's just got back from my mams and told me both my parents are voting out too, no surprise, my Dad is traditional labour but is a brainwashed DM reader and 71, but I'm surprised* my sister is out too being in the NHS as well.

We're doomed!

*actually not too surprised, she's left leaning and picks my dad up on things but is a bit of snob and could talk a glass eye to sleep and never listens.

Wife's friend works in the NHS and her lad works in Nissan. Both are voting out. He's an ex-army kid from Yorkshire. My youngest daughter's just got back from my mams and told me both my parents are voting out too, no surprise, my Dad is traditional labour but is a brainwashed DM reader and 71, but I'm surprised* my sister is out too being in the NHS as well.

We're doomed!

*actually not too surprised, she's left leaning and picks my dad up on things but is a bit of snob and could talk a glass eye to sleep and never listens.

I suppose every family has their black sheep.

Ck_afv1XAAA7yzV.jpg

This is the kind of thing the remain campaign is up against. And still they don't seem to feel the need to actually campaign. No wonder we're going to leave.

Never even heard of number 11 on that list.

It's incredibly frustrating and depressing like, Gove was repeating the same lies unchallenged on Question Time last night.He was also still claiming we spend £350 M a week on the EU and this money could be spent on hospitals etc. At least he was challenged on this but rather than admit the lie, he maintained it. Utter cunt of a man.

There will be millions of CTs lapping this shit up. I personally don't see why political campaigns should be exempt from the usual laws of, say, advertising standards. It shouldn't be legal to make such blatant lies on matters as important as this.

Never even heard of number 11 on that list.

Neither have the people who made the list, I absolutely guarantee it. :lol: They should have Nagorno-Karabakh on there too.

Think we're going to leave unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong. It'll also mean Scotland will leave the UK very soon I think, which also saddens me.

All because Cameron couldn't control his backbenchers....it fuckin beggars belief that he's gone down this road when he almost certainly knew he wouldn't stand for a 3rd GE....probably expected another hung parliament last year and the referendum to be ditched in the subsequent horse trading. He kept Scotland by a whisker last year only for this car crash to achieve the destruction of the U.K. by default anyway...good work Dave :glare:

The whole Leave "manifesto" thing is fascinating. The people railing against "unelected" politicians in Brussels are essentially planning a coup if they win. Fun times. :boogie:

The economist article I mentioned thought that a second referendum might be essential to give people a chance to vote for the reality (nuts and bolts) of the Brexit vote once these have been thrashed out, because currently there is literally no information on what type of relationship we will have with Europe after leave. Could be that in the cold light of day, and with the UK almost certainly in another recession, there will be significant "buyer's remorse" which will swing things the other way a second time. Of course the hard core of Brexiteers won't accept this, so I expect political carnage to happen regardless. A general election this year wouldn't surprise me either. What a mess.

Ck_afv1XAAA7yzV.jpg

This is the kind of thing the remain campaign is up against. And still they don't seem to feel the need to actually campaign. No wonder we're going to leave.

This looks fantastic. Have none of the Leave voters ever played Risk?

The economist article I mentioned thought that a second referendum might be essential to give people a chance to vote for the reality (nuts and bolts) of the Brexit vote once these have been thrashed out, because currently there is literally no information on what type of relationship we will have with Europe after leave. Could be that in the cold light of day, and with the UK almost certainly in another recession, there will be significant "buyer's remorse" which will swing things the other way a second time. Of course the hard core of Brexiteers won't accept this, so I expect political carnage to happen regardless. A general election this year wouldn't surprise me either. What a mess.

Our only hope is that the majority of mps are remainers.

Our only hope is that the majority of mps are remainers.

Of those declared (nearly all), 462 are Remain compared with 150 Leave.

Even the Tories support Remain 170 to 131.

So Brexit will be in fact a vote against our own sovereignty ironically, considering we live in a representative, not a plebiscite, democracy.

Cameron may well be the worst PM of my lifetime.

Agreed on Cameron. It's utterly unbelievable that he's taken us to this point.

I feel for EU citizens in this country as well, must be horrifying seeing all of this. I know a few Spanish people who are very, very worried.

They should be worried whatever happens next week, really - this whole thing must be an eye-opener for them in terms of how vast swathes of the population really feels about them.

In particular, I can't fucking stand half Swedish London dwelling liberals originally from the north east. They can fuck right off back to meatball and flat-pack-furniture-made-from-low-quality-pine land. :angry:

Edited by Renton

What the remain camp needs is an inspirational orator to stand up and make an impassioned case for voting to stay in the EU.

Shame there is literally NO ONE on either the labour or Tory side that seems capable of delivering such a speech