Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm no clearer now than I was two months ago.

Odd, cos you're usually really good at assimilating information and arriving at a considered conclusion. Oh no wait that's not you is it, you're a giant spaz.

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't really got a clue about this. Can't really see any way it greatly effects my life, but driving past Nissan today sealed it for me. Is it really worth throwing it all up in the air and risking this type of inward investment? No Siree.

In it is.

What's both interesting and disgusting about both camps is how much they are prepared to lie to win votes. Only in this instance, you have Tories on either side happy to point out where their counterparts are talking utter shite.

Watching the pigfucker and the blonde idiot have a go at one another's bullshit is funny u til you consider that one is the current PM and the other could be the future PM.

Yeah. We know you're a bunch of lying cunts, you're just not as prepared to expose one another as such when you're on the same side of the issue, are you? Arseholes.

Anyone claiming to know we'd be definetly better off one way or the other is a blatant fuckin liar. One thing that an "out" vote will push us further towards iyam though is the break up of the U.K, so for that reason am "in" .

Anyone claiming to know we'd be definetly better off one way or the other is a blatant fuckin liar. One thing that an "out" vote will push us further towards iyam though is the break up of the U.K, so for that reason am "in" .

I don't know for certain, but am 99.9% sure it's in our economic interests to stay in.

The biggest motive for the leave campaign seems to to control immigration. This I don't get. Switzerland and Norway are both in Shengen. We can't simply close our borders and restrict free movement of people without expecting a huge barrier in trade as a consequence. I don't think leave have explained this.

I think currently we have the best of both worlds. Part of the EU market but not part of schengen or eurozone. Yet we're still not happy. From a professional perspective, I can say EU membership is pretty important for science and medical R&D in this country. I don't know anyone in these fields who wants out.

So yeah, I'm emphatically Remain. Very worried pig fucker will fuck it up though.

“Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically. The EU is an attempt to do this by different methods."

You'd think that given the events of the last couple of weeks that Boris Johnson might take care not to mention Hitler in his arguments.

It's different when he does it though because there isn't a media agenda in using him to undermine Cameron. In fairness, if there was, Cameron would be in serious trouble given the number of utterly stupid things he says. I still can't quite believe no one cares about his comments concerning Obama.

I see the Guardian has gone for him at least. Hopefully there'll be four or five follow up articles. Also nice to see some of NuLabour gunning for him. Maybe there is hope after all.

Aside from party politics, the leave campaign must be dead now. The stay campaign has been relentless over the past few weeks, almost to the point where I'm concerned about the scaremongering tactics they're using...

I see the Guardian has gone for him at least. Hopefully there'll be four or five follow up articles. Also nice to see some of NuLabour gunning for him. Maybe there is hope after all.

Aside from party politics, the leave campaign must be dead now. The stay campaign has been relentless over the past few weeks, almost to the point where I'm concerned about the scaremongering tactics they're using...

Johnson has gotten absolute pelters for his comments, it was the first thing I head on radio 5 when I woke up this morning.

Leave have gained a lot of ground in the polls recently as well, last week a poll of poll where they omit the "don't knows" had it at exactly 50:50. People are idiots and listen to fuckwits like Johnson maybe because of rather than in spite of stuff like this. I can't get my head round it but Brexit is a real possibility.

Edited by Renton

I caught ten seconds of the Sunday politics show where some punter said he was going to vote out as it was a waste of money having a UK parliament when they couldn't pass any laws without a rubber stamp from Brussels.

People really are generally imbeciles.

Johnson has gotten absolute pelters for his comments, it was the first thing I head on radio 5 when I woke up this morning.

Leave have gained a lot of ground in the polls recently as well, last week a poll of poll where they omit the "don't knows" had it at exactly 50:50. People are idiots and listen to fuckwits like Johnson. I can't get my head round it but Brexit is a real possibility.

Wow, didn't realise it was that close. I've been a bit blown away by the sheer strength of the arguments Cameron and others have been making. Economic collapse, housing meltdown, all sorts. I suppose it's a race to the bottom in terms of hyperbole.

Wow, didn't realise it was that close. I've been a bit blown away by the sheer strength of the arguments Cameron and others have been making. Economic collapse, housing meltdown, all sorts. I suppose it's a race to the bottom in terms of hyperbole.

Well that's the thing, leave just label all the evidence of economic disbenefit as "project fear" no matter who says it. But I'm inclined to believe it happens to be true, it just makes sense that withdrawal from the world's biggest trading block is economically problematic, to say the least. And as I said earlier, I don't understand how it will help "solve" immigration, other than perhaps we'll cease to be an attractive destination.

We're an island nation, a nation with more than its fair proportion of narrow minded insular pricks who would sooner cut their noses off to spite their faces than be part of continental Europe.

Sounds about right.

I can't say I've followed the debate closely as I've been sure about Europe since before the referendum was on the cards anyway. I still fancy we'll stay in though, and hopefully that'll be the last we see of UKIP.

Sounds about right.

I can't say I've followed the debate closely as I've been sure about Europe since before the referendum was on the cards anyway. I still fancy we'll stay in though, and hopefully that'll be the last we see of UKIP.

I think we will because the don't knows are more likely to with the status quo. The conservatives will rip themselves to shreds after a close vote either way, I'm looking forward to that.

Well that's the thing, leave just label all the evidence of economic disbenefit as "project fear" no matter who says it.

Aye, IDS looking like a bit of a mug this morning when asked to name a single serious economist who believed that Brexit would boost the UK economy.

Though he looked even more of a mug when he said he would protect existing workers' rights despite having voted against their introduction.