Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

It doesn't work like that.

Oh really, I thought we had to pay him no matter what, if we are putting him in the reserves. If hes on strike then fine. It was a response to the stick him in the reserves comment

Carroll handed in a transfer request tbf.

Do we know this for a fact? I'm asking as he was publically vocal that he didnt want to leave and was forced. I thought Big Mike wouldn't be the sort of guy to stand for libel.

That said, I dont have any links or docos to back that up, but I do remember reading it.

You can't force a player out of a club these days, see Alan Smith as an example of this. I don't care if Carroll said it, the only thing that "forced" him out was Liverpool offering him a shed load of money.

Do we know this for a fact? I'm asking as he was publically vocal that he didnt want to leave and was forced. I thought Big Mike wouldn't be the sort of guy to stand for libel.

That said, I dont have any links or docos to back that up, but I do remember reading it.

He was "forced" out to earn 4 times his wages.

Only after the club had accepted an offer for the player from LFC mind.

If the offer is accepted, its does rather send a big signal to the player himself.

We rejected a few offers from them then Carroll put in his request and we accepted.

The club obviously wanted the cash, no-one would have turned down that offer but lets not pretend Carroll was "forced" out. He was as happy as Ashley with the money coming his way. If he didn't want to leave he could have just said no. What were they going to do? Drop our best striker? watch his value plummet as we refuse to play him? No.

They forced Nolan out, they gave Barton away just to save on wages, Enrique wasn't impressed with our owners or his lackeys, don't think Hughton was, we know what KK thought of them and they've admitted making 'mistakes' but don't say what their mistakes were and certainly they never admit any current shit is down to them. If they said 'good night' I'd look out the window to see if it was daytime.

They forced Nolan out

They offered him an extension, just not as long as he wanted. We parted on good terms.

they gave Barton away just to save on wages

They offered him a take-it or leave-it contract at Xmas, when Willie McKay tried to haggle Llambias withdrew it and refused to put it back on the table.

Enrique wasn't impressed with our owners or his lackeys

Enrique spat his dummy out when Pardew bollocked him for saying on twitter he was injured.

If they said 'good night' I'd look out the window to see if it was daytime.

They actually dont lie that often (if at all). The issue is they dont spend money and do daft things that wind the fans up.

Do we need HF to bump and update his "Mike Ashley Lies" thread?

I stopped updating the Ashley lies blog because he and llambias left it all to Pardew so there weren't really any lies coming out if the club. No evidence of any lies recently either is there?

They offered him an extension, just not as long as he wanted. We parted on good terms.

They offered him a take-it or leave-it contract at Xmas, when Willie McKay tried to haggle Llambias withdrew it and refused to put it back on the table.

Enrique spat his dummy out when Pardew bollocked him for saying on twitter he was injured.

They actually dont lie that often (if at all). The issue is they dont spend money and do daft things that wind the fans up.

Glad you cleared that up for me.

Here's me thinking we've got the biggest cunt of an owner we've ever had but it was just players spitting their dummies out just like Keegan was supposed to have done as he was told he couldn't have Theirry Henry.

Glad you cleared that up for me.

Here's me thinking we've got the biggest cunt of an owner we've ever had but it was just players spitting their dummies out just like Keegan was supposed to have done as he was told he couldn't have Theirry Henry.

The owners a c*nt because he doesnt spend any money and has no ambition. There are no lies, just quotes out of context and misinformation.

No idea what you mean by keegan spitting his dummy out, but he did sue us and incase you missed it - he "claimed" he left over Nacho Gonzalez. Whereas everyone know it was the lack of ambition. Selling Milner and buying no-one (the rumour was Schweinsteiger and Barry).

I stopped updating the Ashley lies blog because he and llambias left it all to Pardew so there weren't really any lies coming out if the club. No evidence of any lies recently either is there?

Does Kinnear not fall under the infamous "regime" or is he a wildcard due to almost certain mental health issues?

The owners a c*nt because he doesnt spend any money and has no ambition. There are no lies, just quotes out of context and misinformation.

No idea what you mean by keegan spitting his dummy out, but he did sue us and incase you missed it - he "claimed" he left over Nacho Gonzalez. Whereas everyone know it was the lack of ambition. Selling Milner and buying no-one (the rumour was Schweinsteiger and Barry).

So they lied to KK instead then?

Anyway, back to work I'm afraid, playtimes over.

:)

back on topic;

First and second last sentence suggest he's on strike. All these French players, it was only a matter of time!

“You can’t say he is definitely going to stay, so the mindset of the player is such, that we need to be on guard.”

The Cabaye situation is hardly helped by a backdrop of gloom following the non-arrival of permanent signings to St James’ Park.

And United fans made it clear how they felt about Joe Kinnear’s lack of activity as transfer chief so far.

Kinnear was understood to be in France over the weekend checking out Andre Ayew in Marseille in the Veldrome team’s 1-0 win over Valenciennes in northern France.

But an asking price of £15million is likely to be a stumbling block.

United could now be left with gaps to fill in both the striker department and a replacement for Cabaye should he leave – but after a woeful window so far for the Magpies, there are low expectations from fans.

Talking about the growing possibility of Cabaye’s exit, Pardew said: “We are on the case with that. We have to be armed.”

However, Pardew seemed resigned to losing his French ace after the 0-0 draw with West Ham.

He said: “We need to resolve it. If he goes, good luck to him. Bye, bye.

“We need to replace him with somebody as good.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabayes-newcastle-united-exit-5785

Edited by Phil

Despite the continuing Man.U transfer saga concerning Wayne Rooney, he started against Chelsea and played 90 minutes.

Give me one valid reason why Cabaye shouldn't start against Fulham. Refusing to play isn't valid as he's under contract.

The latest bullshit is that we've bid for James McCarthy.. not seen much of him so have no opinion either way on him.

Around 9/10m is what the reported bid is.. seems a lot for a Wigan player? Would also suggest some sort of fee has been agreed for Cabaye..

Because they're not identical situations.

Maybe not identical, but certainly similar. Both have had bids put in for them, both seem to be in a quandary, both are under contract to their club, both are professional players, both are international players, both are un-injured.

Tell me why one is playing and the other isn't. Don't say one is a white-flag frog and the other is a lime thug. :glare:

I think had Cabab played against Man City, still with everyone knowing he wanted to leave, you could see fans giving him good applause still.

But now, were he to start against Fulham, I wouldn't like to be in that position. Whether he said he didn't want to play in the last two games or not, he'll be in for a torrid 90 minutes were Pardew to select him.

Edited by scotty84