Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Aye his hat collection is unparalleled. I once saw him in a student flat rentals place in Jesmond, trying to get stuck into the lass working there, "Get in Shola" someone yelled and Shola give them a big thumbs up. No point to the story but the slow languid way he raised his hand reminded me of how he runs about on the pitch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was less about "Lets get him back" more like checking facebook to see that an ex has had 3 kids, got fat and divorced in the year or so after leaving you for the swarthy waiter from the last Greek holiday.

As unhappy as he may be he ain't ever coming back here so my interest in this is roughly zero. I can't even take any solace in the fact that it didn't work out for him.

To be honest I wish it had worked out because he'll probably end up playing against us now.

I can't see him coming back to the PL, I'm not sure who would want him that would be able to afford/attract him.

Yeah, I suppose you're right given Arsenal were the only ones who seemed interested and they wouldn't pay his current wages. I actually think that when he moved he would've been a good signing for Man Utd but that ship has sailed.

He had the following to say:

“To be honest, I am neither happy nor joyful. This is a new situation for me and I’m not complaining. Besides, I’ve never had complained because it’s not in my nature. The only thing I can do is to show what I can do. But hey, sometimes it sure is not easy. I’m 28, I am not new to the game. I will not change my style of play now. A manager is in place, I must respect his choice. But I will not quit. I have the character and my purpose is to show that on the field when I can.”

“When I’m on the pitch, as soon as I play a little worse, I feel that … woof, I’m taken off immediately. I also know that the coaches have choices to make and I respect them. So, I tend to tell myself that I really must play very well in order to start the next game.”

What was he expecting, honestly, with that move? That he'd be playing every week? I'd have him back in a heartbeat anyway, but it's never going to happen.

I wonder if his career will just sort of fade out now or if another club will come and save him...