Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

It's not as if loyalty is unheard of. Maybe a lot more rare than it used to be. In the NHL you had Lemieux play for Pittsburgh his entire career and then buy them and save them from moving. You had Tom Brady basically giving money back so that the Patriots could shore up talent. I know those are extreme examples, but would be nice to see some club loyalty. To Newcastle mind you, not MA, who seems to be an horrible c***.

Funny, it seemed to me he actually bought the team as a fan, sat in the stands, etc. Maybe it just all went south for him with the Keegan incident and he lost his stomach for it.

Loyalty is a two way street that has to be earned and developed, mad to think anyone would be loyal in that situation.

Know nothing about the careers of those 2, but what reasons have we given Cabaye to say 'No, I must remain loyal to this foreign club I've been at for a couple of years who are undoubtedly below the level I should be playing at and are showing no ambition to reach that level!'

We cheered him I guess.

I know if I were in his position (assuming I was a non-Newcastle supporting Frenchman) I'd be grateful to the fans for their support, but straight on the next flight to my Champion's League chasing, title winning world class team mates and flicking through the few multimillion pound section of RightMove for something to splash my doubled wage packet and signing on bonus on back in the capital of my home country.

If you were going to be annoyed with Cabaye for a lack of loyalty, you should be annoyed with him for leaving Lille after 7 seassons when they've just won the double.

Disappointed but this was inevitable with the level of our ambition. Dont blame Cabaye one little bit.

We as fans can look forward to years of not competing for anything, getting knocked out of cups at the first time of asking, with our only joy coming from the performances of the odd gem we may manage to find who will promptly be sold for a massive profit once he gets to the level where he could take the club forward :lol:

Love the mid table mediocrity me! Nothing like finishing a season in January.

The word Loyalty seems to be taking a beating here, perhaps it's the wrong word. How about using the word Honour, like honouring a contact you signed in good faith with good intentions. Pretty obvious Cabaye was the one who wanted to be away and didn't want to honour the contract he signed.

I'm sure the Club would have preferred him to stay but when you buy summat for 5 and can sell it for 20 it's a no brainer.

Loyalty royalty. I'd leave Newcastle for PSG in a heartbeat and I'm not French.

Of course you would :lol:

Most people would to play with some of the best footballers on the planet at a higher level of competition & get paid about £50k a week more. It's a no brainer.

Even if he will find himself on the bench sooner or later.

The word Loyalty seems to be taking a beating here, perhaps it's the wrong word. How about using the word Honour, like honouring a contact you signed in good faith with good intentions. Pretty obvious Cabaye was the one who wanted to be away and didn't want to honour the contract he signed.

I'm sure the Club would have preferred him to stay but when you buy summat for 5 and can sell it for 20 it's a no brainer.

Cant understand why you would think the clun wanted to keep him. How would that profit them?

Tbf to CT people be tripping if they think we could have held onto Ba and Enrique. Both made it clear they wanted out and one had contractual advantages to do so asap. Both have been shit since, along with AC. I honestly can't image how we could have kept Cabaye if his behavior during the arsenal bid is anything to go by...

The club should have already had Enrique on an improved deal before he was nearing the final year of his contract. He's not been shit since, though he has had some injury problems (hamstring of course).

Ba's contract should not have included a buy out clause, but I would imagine that that is how his unscrupulous money hungry agents operate.

Cabaye being sold is of course no surprise, just the club operating under Mike Ashley's modus operandi. Bargains will be sought with the intention of on selling them for a profit. In this regards I think we've actually been quite lucky with the calibre of player that we've been able to attract and therefore the quality of football that we've played on occassion.

I do worry that the clubs mid-table ambitions will become transparent to those who haven't tracked the club's operations under Ashley. Then there will be absolutely no credence paid to the throw away rubbish they proffer up to prospective players about how they're hoping to push on for champions league football. Pardew's more or less blatant 'revelation' of this behaviour was an amateur move.

:lol:

Hate the impotent rage lasting thirty seconds before the frustration at the futility of it all.

We'll get the same party line, the same nonsense, and just as quick as 2 wins and we'll be back in the loving arms of the abusive relationship.

We are the battered wife :lol:

Still in love with something despite it treating us like shit year in year out.

Hmmm....season tkt renewals next month....."fackin never mind abaat the fackin 10 faasand oo ain't bovvered too renew Joe me owld china...we got 20 milwyun sovs for kebab..luvly jubbly..."

:lol:

I hate the fact we've sold him in January. Can't say I'm surprised though, we wanted to sell, he wanted to go, and the fat man made a very big profit which I doubt will be reinvested this window. High fives all round !

If they don't sign a replacement, and I don't got a moment expect they will, they deserve all shit they get on forums and in the ground.

Not that it'll change anything until a new owner finally puts us out of our misery.

There will be lots of players similar to Cabaye when he joined us who are not yet wanted by a CL club but will look at How Cabaye joining Newcastle has led to a big money move to PSG at the top of his game.

Agents will be lining them up to come here.

Most people would to play with some of the best footballers on the planet at a higher level of competition & get paid about £50k a week more. It's a no brainer.

Also he's going to Paris so his missus will be ecstatic

There will be lots of players similar to Cabaye when he joined us who are not yet wanted by a CL club but will look at How Cabaye joining Newcastle has led to a big money move to PSG at the top of his game.Agents will be lining them up to come here.

Are you trying to insinuate Cabaye's move cementing our status as a stepping stone/selling club is a good thing?

Football genius :lol:

There will be lots of players similar to Cabaye when he joined us who are not yet wanted by a CL club but will look at How Cabaye joining Newcastle has led to a big money move to PSG at the top of his game.

Agents will be lining them up to come here.

Cos it really is that easy to replace him folks

It's Paris as well man. He currently lives in fucking Kingston Park. :lol:

People, grow up please and resist the urge to respond. It's exactly what he's looking for. If you keep serving it up the greedy glutton will keep gobbling it down and we'll get more of the same from him ad nauseum as he tries to feed his swelling hunger.

How did CT feel when we sold Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne? Even when you spend every penny of a big fee, (and who says we will), for one of your top players there's no guarantee the side will be improved.