January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new proposed tax rate means they will all be packing their bags

Supposedly Ibrahimovic has it in his contract that he gets a certain amount no matter the tax rate. Mental how much that's gunna cost them.

The French league is gonna be in some state with all these players leaving.

^This - Has any team in the PL ever fielded an entirely non-British team before where they're all from one country?? We must be getting close! I'm a little concerned about how desperate this looks, but at the same time, I suppose I'm reasonably confident that we will have researched at all of them previously.

If this turns it around it could be a really positive step for the future I guess, cementing some kind of relationship with France where all their good players 'graduate' Ligue 1 and join us.

^This - Has any team in the PL ever fielded an entirely non-British team before where they're all from one country?? We must be getting close! I'm a little concerned about how desperate this looks, but at the same time, I suppose I'm reasonably confident that we will have researched at all of them previously.

If this turns it around it could be a really positive step for the future I guess, cementing some kind of relationship with France where all their good players 'graduate' Ligue 1 and join us.

Aye with our Dutch keeper and midfielder, Italian left back, Argentinian captain and vice capt, Ivorian mid and Senegalese striker

Close to all being one nation there

Aye with our Dutch keeper and midfielder, Italian left back, Argentinian captain and vice capt, Ivorian mid and Senegalese striker

Close to all being one nation there

True from the first team, but with a bit of rotation you could get to a point where we had three French in defence, four in midfield and one up front. It's not worlds away (assuming these signings go through).

Krul

Debuchy Yang-Mbiwa Colo Haidara

Marvaeux Cabaye Ben Arfa Obertan (in some formation or another)

Gouffran Cisse

Unless I'm missing something in there. They're all French right? I suppose the midfield would probably never happen though given the similarities of the players involved.

True from the first team, but with a bit of rotation you could get to a point where we had three French in defence, four in midfield and one up front. It's not worlds away (assuming these signings go through).

Krul

Debuchy Yang-Mbiwa Colo Haidara

Marvaeux Cabaye Ben Arfa Obertan (in some formation or another)

Gouffran Cisse

Unless I'm missing something in there. They're all French right? I suppose the midfield would probably never happen though given the similarities of the players involved.

Cisse is from Senegal.

This window is so bizarre. In years past when asked for my favorite transfer, I have had to answer with an outgoing, shite player's name or have very few names to pick that was brought in. Who do I pick out of this crop of new players though? :dunno:

This group has a lot of quality! Excited for the future! :nufc: