The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday. And I want to go to Lisbon. Or Rome. Went to Basel before, nice but expensive. Wouldn't mind Fenerbache, we stopped at Istanbul airport on the way to Kharkiv but it cost 60 quid to get out the airport :(

Basel is by far the lesser of these opponents, so ffs lets hope for them.

Great win! Great result! We did make it hard for ourselves though. A few observations:-

1. Marv has shown enough to start games for us. If Ben Arfa doesn't start, Marv has to start as he is one of the only channels of creativity upfront. Easily the biggest threat tonight.

2. Jonas had a very steady game at CM. Maybe Pards needs to seriously consider playing him there as a bit part CM instead of a winger. Jonas was quite good in the centre of the park when we played the 4-3-3 towards the end of last season as well.

3. We have to start playing a little more through the centre of the park. Cannot understand why we keep taking the ball wide and crossing it into the box. Yes, it worked today, but often our delivery is poor and we just don't have the aerial ability in the box to make it work on a consistent basis.

4. Marv's set pieces are 10000x times better than anyone else's in the team.

5. Need to seriously hire an attacking coach and a set-piece coach. We seem to have absolutely no ideas attacking wise.

Great win! Great result! We did make it hard for ourselves though. A few observations:-

1. Marv has shown enough to start games for us. If Ben Arfa doesn't start, Marv has to start as he is one of the only channels of creativity upfront. Easily the biggest threat tonight.

2. Jonas had a very steady game at CM. Maybe Pards needs to seriously consider playing him there as a bit part CM instead of a winger. Jonas was quite good in the centre of the park when we played the 4-3-3 towards the end of last season as well.

3. We have to start playing a little more through the centre of the park. Cannot understand why we keep taking the ball wide and crossing it into the box. Yes, it worked today, but often our delivery is poor and we just don't have the aerial ability in the box to make it work on a consistent basis.

4. Marv's set pieces are 10000x times better than anyone else's in the team.

5. Need to seriously hire an attacking coach and a set-piece coach. We seem to have absolutely no ideas attacking wise.

+1000

When's the draw? And how does it work with the other English clubs? Can we draw them too?

its an open draw, we can play anyone in the pot now. not sure when it is.

He can be that player, he still goes missing a little too much for me, more like tonight and he could be an excellent player for us

I wouldn't go that far byt yes it needs to improve. Set pieces especially. We're only ever a threat from then when it's a shooting opportunity from a free kick and Cabaye is over the ball. Which is strange since Cabaye's corners are generally awful.

The only team I'm worried about is Spurs. I think they feel like they're destined to win it (Certainly will feel that after tonight). If someone could put them out before we get them, I think we can take it.

Chelsea will go out with a whimper to the first decent team they get (including us).

So, Marveaux was our best creative by a country mile and should start every game.

Jonas did well coming on for Cabaye.

Taylor played a good game. Well done.

Not seen anything yet from Campbell that gets me excited.

So pleased we are through to the next round.

So, Marveaux was our best creative by a country mile and should start every game.

If Marveaux starts against the better teams we'll get hammered - see Man Utd and Arsenal.

Very good footballer but a complete fanny.

If Marveaux starts against the better teams we'll get hammered - see Man Utd and Arsenal.

He's definitely a pure attack minded player, but I still believe we own squad who can support someone like that.

I think he is getting better, was less of a fanny tonight. When we signed him i was chatting to a lot of the lads here about him and he was an 'espoir' for them, meaning a player who was talked about as a strong possibility for the national side but not quite there. I think Pardew has done a good job on him given the injuries etc. Certainly a player who has shown great technical ability across his stop start career.