• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with the sad makem on this subject (god I feel sick now). Krul isn't a patch on Given in any area. Given's kicking wasn't great and he didn't command his box either but I would say he did so more than Krul and he wasn't six foot four. Those parts of Given's game prevented him from being truly world class for me but he was still an excellent keeper. Krul has those faults and he's extremely suspect to his right (playing in goal myself I can understand how this works because I'm much weaker on my left). I actually don't think he's as good as Pav either. Yes he's had the odd game like Spurs away but he's not regularly gained us points in a long time.

Given was better but it's a bit of a moot point, Given also played in far better sides. I don't think Krul is some phenomenal goalkeeper but the fact is we're down to League one standard Elliot and a lad who looked poor in pre-season and iirc didn't have a good end to his Forest career in Darlow so you'd have to be a right daft cunt (as essembee clearly is) to think Krul getting injured is in any way good.

Given was better but it's a bit of a moot point, Given also played in far better sides. I don't think Krul is some phenomenal goalkeeper but the fact is we're down to League one standard Elliot and a lad who looked poor in pre-season and iirc didn't have a good end to his Forest career in Darlow so you'd have to be a right daft cunt (as essembee clearly is) to think Krul getting injured is in any way good.

giphy.gif

Aye the only bit I might argue with there is about Darlow looking shakey pre season. Not that I would say he didn't, just that when he did he had the likes of wor Shane playing in the defence in front of him. Shilton would have been nervous playing behind that.

Aye the only bit I might argue with there is about Darlow looking shakey pre season. Not that I would say he didn't, just that when he did he had the likes of wor Shane playing in the defence in front of him. Shilton would have been nervous playing behind that.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but Krul has had some shocking defences in front of him in recent years as well and wasn't playing against utter bilge like Sacramento Republic, he might turn out to be okay but I still don't think he will be a Krul level goalie which means another drop in talent in a team that is already pretty low in it. Either way I hope Darlow gets back fit asap as I think we're all agreed Elliot in goal is going to be a fucking nightmare especially with the mackem game coming soon.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but Krul has had some shocking defences in front of him in recent years as well and wasn't playing against utter bilge like Sacramento Republic, he might turn out to be okay but I still don't think he will be a Krul level goalie which means another drop in talent in a team that is already pretty low in it. Either way I hope Darlow gets back fit asap as I think we're all agreed Elliot in goal is going to be a fucking nightmare especially with the mackem game coming soon.

You're right Krul has had to play behind awful defences and that will have certainly effected him but I don't think he's ever played behind two wingers, a midfielder who barely played any football in a year and kid who's never played a professional game. But as you say the opposition was pony too.

I remember reading an article where a number of pundits were picking future England internationals though and Darlow was in there so I don't think we should be writing him off yet. He may well end up better than Krul. At the minute though I just hope he's better than Elliott.

You're right Krul has had to play behind awful defences and that will have certainly effected him but I don't think he's ever played behind two wingers, a midfielder who barely played any football in a year and kid who's never played a professional game. But as you say the opposition was pony too.

I remember reading an article where a number of pundits were picking future England internationals though and Darlow was in there so I don't think we should be writing him off yet. He may well end up better than Krul. At the minute though I just hope he's better than Elliott.

He's only about 2 year younger than Krul isn't he? He may turn out decent but I'd rather not have to find out as I'm really quite confident he wont be better than Krul (of course I'd love to be wrong on that). I'm also equally confident in assuming he will be better than Elliot who I've little to no doubt is only at the club because he was a kiss up to Pardew.

Krul gave them 14 yards.The keeper needs to position himself 6 yards from the goal line and be brave enough to come out and collect the ball if required.If the keeper cannot get out quicker than the attackers to claim the ball,the ball shouldn't really be good enough for an attacker to score from.Krul's policy of letting every fucker advance before the ball is kicked then making no attempt to come out and claim the ball,hasn't working funnily enough,and will never work.Standing 4 yards from goal and shitting his pants isn't what i would expect of a Sunday morning keeper.Please take this opportunity to convince me Krul's tactic can be successful.

Should the keeper position himself 6 yards out for all free kicks or just the one you remember us conceding from? If goalkeeping is as easy as being six yards out and getting to the ball before the attacker, why don't games always end 0-0?

I can't be arsed to go into all the reasons you are wrong, but believe me, you are, regularly and spectacularly.

Darlow just turned 25, has had one season (I think) as a first team regular. Getting dropped last season after oddly not "commanding" his box enough when dealing with crosses.

Krul missing is a massive blow whichever way you look at it.

Darlow just turned 25, has had one season (I think) as a first team regular. Getting dropped last season after oddly not "commanding" his box enough when dealing with crosses.

Krul missing is a massive blow whichever way you look at it.

That's not at all old for a keeper though is it. A lot keepers don't start getting a game until their mid twenties. Krul got into the first teams much earlier than a most.

Should the keeper position himself 6 yards out for all free kicks or just the one you remember us conceding from? If goalkeeping is as easy as being six yards out and getting to the ball before the attacker, why don't games always end 0-0?

I can't be arsed to go into all the reasons you are wrong, but believe me, you are, regularly and spectacularly.

Just for freekicks that are going to be humped into the area for opposition players to run onto.If the oppo freekick taker knows the keeper is going to shit is pants 4 yards from goal,then the kicker has a bigger area/target to aim for.If he know the keeper ( obviously not Krul ) is going to come out and claim or punch the ball,he won't aim for the edge of the 6 yard box.

As for your second question,is Billy Smart your employer

Aye maybe I'm talking bollocks when I think about it. I've always just had the impression that other than the ones who are really considered some of the best in the world, most keepers don't really come through until their mid to late twenties. Probably I'm thinking about how the likes of Seaman and Schmeichel weren't playing at the top level until then, but a quick glance at their records and I can see that they were certainly playing first team football in their early twenties or late teens.

Just for freekicks that are going to be humped into the area for opposition players to run onto.If the oppo freekick taker knows the keeper is going to shit is pants 4 yards from goal,then the kicker has a bigger area/target to aim for.If he know the keeper ( obviously not Krul ) is going to come out and claim or punch the ball,he won't aim for the edge of the 6 yard box.

As for your second question,is Billy Smart your employer

what if the free kick is in the opposition half but is still going to lumped in the box? Does he have the same starting position as when the ball is coming in from near the corner flag?