The Sels signing was a strange one. We didn't need a new keeper as we had Darlow and Woodman fit and Elliot and Krul coming back from injury.

It reminds me of when we signed Karelse when we had Given and Harper. He turned out to be shite too. He was on the books for 4 years, I just hope we don't end up with Sels for that long.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sels signing was a strange one. We didn't need a new keeper as we had Darlow and Woodman fit and Elliot and Krul coming back from injury.

It reminds me of when we signed Karelse when we had Given and Harper. He turned out to be shite too. He was on the books for 4 years, I just hope we don't end up with Sels for that long.

Jesus, really?

I don't even remember that name tbf.

And aye, the Sels experient has gone the same way as Guardiola's Bravo experiment. The only thing that might offer us some hope with him is that every new keeper we get seems shite at first. Elliot certainly did.

Karelse was signed by Gullit iirc. He was fucking shit. Played in a howking at Southampton.

He was and he did. Think Dyer opened the scoring. Another example of Gullit's awful judgement re: players.

Dyer + Southampton always brings to mind that horror tackle that nearly ended Dyer's hopes of going to Japan with England. I cannot for the life of me remember the Southampton player's name. I keep wanting to say Tal Ben Haim but I think I'm just being a massive racist :lol:

Dyer + Southampton always brings to mind that horror tackle that nearly ended Dyer's hopes of going to Japan with England. I cannot for the life of me remember the Southampton player's name. I keep wanting to say Tal Ben Haim but I think I'm just being a massive racist :lol:

Tahar El-Khalej

Aye, I had to double check that myself! Three games in four seasons, he was eventually below Tony Caig in the pecking order. I suspect they would also have stuck Shola in nets ahead of him.

You're on fire with obscure 'keepers from our history today :good:

Who's next, Peter Keen?*

*goooooooogled

I think Andy Woodman was very detrimental to Krul's performances and Smith could get better out of him but Krul will probably want better than championship.

Appointed manager of Whitehawk FC.

You're on fire with obscure 'keepers from our history today :good:

Who's next, Peter Keen?*

*goooooooogled

Dave McKellar. (Looked like an older bloke roped in to play in goal from the lounge of a working man's club).

*not gooooooogled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conceded 18 goals in first 6 games for Alkmaar. Including a howler in the last minute in one of their games, plus seven from nine shots in the Europa League.

On his day he definitely looks like the best pick from our keepers, but it looks worrying that this injury might have knackered him.

Conceded 18 goals in first 6 games for Alkmaar. Including a howler in the last minute in one of their games, plus seven from nine shots in the Europa League.

On his day he definitely looks like the best pick from our keepers, but it looks worrying that this injury might have knackered him.

He was a good keeper for us,but that's a few seasons ago.Once cowardice set it,that was it.

• 6 months later...