Mike Ashley -- Football Cunt

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think this is a knee jerk to a poor result at home to a weak side but I feel like Ashley has finally pushed firmly down on the pillow and suffocated this club this season after a decade of hol

Fuck off

The phone saying “what’s up long pins can’t wait to feel ur unreal body”

Posted Images

Sorry lads but I felt absoloutley nothing after this win. Shame on me I know don't get me wrong I'm pleased we got 3 points but it felt like an empty win. We are not out of the shit  yet in fact we're far from it & could easily slip back into the bottom 3 on Monday Night.

Ashley will dip in his pocket in January but not because of any protests.
(a) As he did when he appointed Benítez, Shearer and Keegan, he loves playing the benefactor with some grand gesture thinking it will win people over.  

(b) He wants us in the Premier league because of the money. 

(c) With the recent talk of a European super league, he'll want to be part of that because more money.   I fully expect that he's asked how it gets to be a founder and will have started pricing it out. 

1 hour ago, Leon said:

(a) As he did when he appointed Benítez, Shearer and Keegan, he loves playing the benefactor with some grand gesture thinking it will win people over.  

(b) He wants us in the Premier league because of the money. 

(c) With the recent talk of a European super league, he'll want to be part of that because more money.   I fully expect that he's asked how it gets to be a founder and will have started pricing it out. 

Am tempted to think you’re a mackem on the wind up tbh. Leicester City and AFC Bournemouth will be in a European Super League before we will...fuck me man, he’s a fuckin jumped up barrow boy. Has the last 11 years passed you by? We’re run like his shops, not like a fuckin global sporting institution. He’s proved time and again he’s willing just to gamble our premier league status away when he feels like it but you’re claiming we’ll soon be run like fuckin Man City? :lol: 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Leon said:

Newcastle are as close to joining a European Super League as CT winning the National Spelling Bee.

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Am tempted to think you’re a mackem on the wind up tbh. Leicester City and AFC Bournemouth will be in a European Super League before we will...fuck me man, he’s a fuckin jumped up barrow boy. Has the last 11 years passed you by? We’re run like his shops, not like a fuckin global sporting institution. He’s proved time and again he’s willing just to gamble our premier league status away when he feels like it but you’re claiming we’ll soon be run like fuckin Man City? :lol: 

:D

Not a makem lol.

The past eleven years haven't past me by and the thing I've seen from Ashley is his greed.  He doesn't care if we're 10th or 17th because the TV money that comes in is still profit in his eyes and the 15 million difference last season between those positions would have been at the front of his mind when he looked at how much we had to spend this season.   The proposed super league will be even money and he's greedy little palms will be already sweaty as he thinks about how he can get some of that pie and whether it will be worth the expense.  He will spunk up cash in January because he knows how much we lost last time round in the Championship and because I genuinely think he believes making a grand gesture will appease people.  "Look at what I'm doing for the club!" 

48 minutes ago, Leon said:

:D

Not a makem lol.

The past eleven years haven't past me by and the thing I've seen from Ashley is his greed.  He doesn't care if we're 10th or 17th because the TV money that comes in is still profit in his eyes and the 15 million difference last season between those positions would have been at the front of his mind when he looked at how much we had to spend this season.   The proposed super league will be even money and he's greedy little palms will be already sweaty as he thinks about how he can get some of that pie and whether it will be worth the expense.  He will spunk up cash in January because he knows how much we lost last time round in the Championship and because I genuinely think he believes making a grand gesture will appease people.  "Look at what I'm doing for the club!" 

By that logic why hasn't he tried to get into the Champions League then?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

By that logic why hasn't he tried to get into the Champions League then?

I think he see's it as a cup run with the potential of a poor return (about 4.3 million I believe) if you don't do well on top of the investment to get a Champion League position.   He doesn't give a crap about the clubs success and looks at the ROI before anything else taking a steady 100m for 17th with little or no investment rather than gambling x millions for a higher position with the risk of not making it back.  Would a £20m striker got us the extra 30 points we would have needed to get to a Champions League spot?  If we failed then the TV money wouldn't have covered that investment.

He only cares about the money he can take out of the club and he doesn't get that spending it.

Edited by Leon
21 minutes ago, Leon said:

I think he see's it as a cup run with the potential of a poor return (about 4.3 million I believe) if you don't do well on top of the investment to get a Champion League position.   He doesn't give a crap about the clubs success and looks at the ROI before anything else taking a steady 100m for 17th with little or no investment rather than gambling x millions for a higher position with the risk of not making it back.  Would a £20m striker got us the extra 30 points we would have needed to get to a Champions League spot?  If we failed then the TV money wouldn't have covered that investment.

He only cares about the money he can take out of the club and he doesn't get that spending it.

Rafa's already been told he'll be on a limited budget in January. I think the main talking point in January will be wether we can keep a hold of Lascelles 

38 minutes ago, Leon said:

But aye hes going to spend enough to get us into the top 16 clubs in europe in January or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

But aye hes going to spend enough to get us into the top 16 clubs in europe in January or whatever.

I agree which is why I think he'll have looked at it when it was announced.   If the expected minimum return for a team in that league is greater than what he expects to receive in the Premiership then I could see him spending enough to get into the league and given they've said those first eleven teams would be automatically excluded from any relegation, he'd see it as profit since he'd have a team which was always there regardless of how little he then invested.

Edited by Leon
10 minutes ago, Leon said:

I agree which is why I think he'll have looked at it when it was announced.   If the expected minimum return for a team in that league is greater than what he expects to receive in the Premiership then I could see him spending enough to get into the league and given they've said those first eleven teams would be automatically excluded from any relegation, he'd see it as profit since he'd have a team which was always there regardless of how little he then invested.

You're an idiot.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Andrew said:

You're an idiot.

Maybe but...

Forget it's Newcastle for one moment.. Any new super league would need to be generating at least the £150m TV monies which is what the Premiership  winner received last season for the lowest positioned team in that new competition otherwise any of the current top six clubs could stay and potentially dominate the Premiership with lower costs in a similar way Celtic has in the Scottish leagues; they become the big fish in a smaller pond.   If you could invest to get into that league as one of the 16 with a no relation clause, which is what the proposal is, you could make a push for that membership then sit back with minimal investment from that point forward since it doesn't matter if you come bottom as you can't be kicked out.  In theory if he stuck 150m* into the club he would see a bigger return in three seasons than what he has today with much less risk.  That isn't investing in a football club, it's solely a business opportunity.   Ashley has a history of doing this; investing large sums for a long term windfall (HoF, Debenhams, Evans etc.) - this wouldn't be any different and I really do think he'll have looked at it the moment it was mentioned in the press.  (*That isn't what I think we need, just an example number for the purpose of the return on investment.)

For this January he'll invest only enough to avoid relegation because he doesn't want to lose money in the Championship.  What I think he'll do is bring in a big name just to say "we now have X playing for the club, I've listened and look at how I've brought in for us."   This is the same power tactic he's done before when he brought in Shearer and Benítez as we struggled with relegation in the vain hope he'd be seen as a the hero.

Edited by Leon
12 minutes ago, Leon said:

Maybe but...

Forget it's Newcastle for one moment.. Any new super league would need to be generating at least the £150m TV monies which is what the Premiership  winner received last season for the lowest positioned team in that new competition otherwise any of the current top six clubs could stay and potentially dominate the Premiership with lower costs in a similar way Celtic has in the Scottish leagues; they become the big fish in a smaller pond.   If you could invest to get into that league as one of the 16 with a no relation clause, which is what the proposal is, you could make a push for that membership then sit back with minimal investment from that point forward since it doesn't matter if you come bottom as you can't be kicked out.  In theory if he stuck 150m* into the club he would see a bigger return in three seasons than what he has today with much less risk.  That isn't investing in a football club, it's solely a business opportunity.   Ashley has a history of doing this; investing large sums for a long term windfall (HoF, Debenhams, Evans etc.) - this wouldn't be any different and I really do think he'll have looked at it the moment it was mentioned in the press.  (*That isn't what I think we need, just an example number for the purpose of the return on investment.)

For this January he'll invest only enough to avoid relegation because he doesn't want to lose money in the Championship.  What I think he'll do is bring in a big name just to say "we now have X playing for the club, I've listened and look at how I've brought in for us."   This is the same power tactic he's done before when he brought in Shearer and Benítez as we struggled with relegation in the vain hope he'd be seen as a the hero.

Forget about Super Leagues & Super Cups we''re barely clinging on to a Premiership place ffs. Just take your Super League & Super Cup & shove up your Super Arse. 

25 minutes ago, Leon said:

Maybe but...

I dont think what you're saying is totally stupid if you're looking at this from an entirely rational perspective - but I'm not sure it would be possible for us to be a founding member even if Ashley suddenly did start throwing money around. We dont have the stature.

Also, does Ashley have the 5 or 600m that would be required to do this anyway?