Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

A disaster !!!! Only for Rangers, ask any fan of any other club and it's the best thing that's happened for just about ever. It's a myth perpetuated by the Scottish media who are in The Rangers pocket.

Hearts, Aberdeen (top of the Premier league) Dundee Utd, Motherwell and a few others are now completely debt free.

Rangers became successful due to financial doping with money they didn't have, hence the collapse, the old clubs success was basically based upon cheating and fraud (EBT's). Their crowds are down to around 14-15K

The only clubs hurt by Rangers demise are the Huns themselves and Celtic (who's turnover is down £10 Mill a year), everyone else is on the up.

That's genuinely very interesting. Fair enough then, maybe it is for the best. If a team other than Celtic win it in the next 10 years, perhaps that'll be the proof.

I'm torn:

Nobody wants to see another football club turned into an investment vehicle for such an odious bastard.

but it's Rangers so...

I'm torn:

Nobody wants to see another football club turned into an investment vehicle for such an odious bastard.

but it's Rangers so...

If it gets him out of here I would be happy enough to see him doing it to anyone. I basically hate all other British football clubs so I wouldn't care if it were Rangers, Bury or Liverpool.

If it gets him out of here I would be happy enough to see him doing it to anyone. I basically hate all other British football clubs so I wouldn't care if it were Rangers, Bury or Liverpool.

That's the thing though, will it?

That's the thing though, will it?

At this stage I have no idea. As I've said before I have litterally no idea of his end game (although it wouldn't surprise me if he's just happy to keep going as he is with us as it gives him the free advertising for Sports Direct and unless there's something that comes up that devalues to the point where we are going to be worth a lot less as an asset to him, he loses nothing by keeping us as we are.)

I'm in favour of anything that speeds up the process of him selling Newcastle United if this is it let him crack on.

There was an article in the mag saying that between the last set of books and the next set he'll have made roughly a million pound a week out of NUFC. I that's anywhere near accurate you'd imagine hes going nowhere..

Convincing to be fair. And surely this can only be good news? If he's wiped £40m off the debt, that's a good amount of it gone. I know we'd rather the team got it, but the if the priority is Ashley leaving, this is a good sign.

Edited by Rayvin

Am in two minds, one says you're right and it'll make a sale more likely, the other says why would he sell a self financing cash cow and lose all that free advertising into the bargain? Doesn't make sense, but the barrowboy/gambler in him is desperate to get Rangers too by the looks of it.

Don't forget he just about owns Oldham Athletic via SD the club shop, ground name, club shirts. It's very strange for him to invest in a mid table league 1 team i wouldn't have thought there's much return for him there.

My question is where were the likes of Dave King before Ashley put money into Rangers. Love him or hate him he does put his money where his mouth is.

Dave King lost £20m in Rangers long before Ashley was on the scene.

Hi folks

Rangers fan here, hope that's okay :ninja: . I thought I'd register here to join in the discussion re Ashley. I understand that many of you will be hoping he takes over Rangers and leaves Newcastle and obviously I'm very much of the hope that we can get him hunted but hopefully I can help clarify some things.

I've seen it asked why we are chasing him when we are heading for bankruptcy. Basically we believe him, along with other board members, are only there to take what they can from the club. Recent accounts have shown that the retail deal we have with SD giveus us only 75p for every £10 spent which seems to be a good bit below what would be expected from such a deal and is far below any previous deals we had. There is also a clause that says the club has to buy any unsold stock at full retal price. He owns less than 9% of the club but is effectively in charge after somehow managing to have the board filled with his own men.

With regards to our financial situation, there is an ongoing boycott with fans refusing to attend or buy any merchandise. Attendances given by the club have been greatly inflated by including season ticket holders who are no longer attending (and aren't giving any additional match day revenue). Also, it's telling that from our recent accounts our first team squads wages accounts for only 26% of our revenue, which is well within recommended levels of 60%. Given that we have no scouts, the marketing department has been paid off and even the manager's secretary has been made redundant then it's clear that we don't have a massive wage bill and the problem lies elsewhere. This is fuelling suspicion that the Board are desperate to avoid anyone seeing the books. This is why they have knocked back various offers of income that are better than Ashley's because they know that someone coming in will carry out the necessary due dilligence and find out the facts they are depserate to hide.

All the best in your game today. I'll be down the pub watching it later.

Edited by Fitbafan

Recent accounts have shown that the retail deal we have with SD giveus us only 75p for every £10 spent

I'd laugh but I imagine ours is exactly the same if not worse.

Sports Direct & Puma - unlucky - we're over the same barrel. Though to be fair he could spend £20m & get you Champions League and he'll want that for the advertising.

He's taken advantage of the train wreck left by your previous board(s). Were there any real offers of finance around the time he got his men on to the board?...I cant help feeling that he was the only one with real money at that time and now he holds all the aces its easy for him to tell the yank to do one. These "three bears" havent got a pot to piss in by all accounts. So maybe its not so much that they dont want anyone to see the books, maybe its just Ashley has played a blinder.

Sports Direct & Puma - unlucky - we're over the same barrel. Though to be fair he could spend £20m & get you Champions League and he'll want that for the advertising.

It would take more than £20 million given the ongoing boycott. Also, his man Lambias stated at the AGM that he's there to reduce the wage bill etc not spend money. Basically at the moment Ashley is trying to continually give us loans to strengthen his control while at the same time raping the club financially in a way that will strangle our revenues for years to come. I've already given the retail deal as an example but he's also costing us a ton of money on lost advertising revenue as he has SD all over the stadium and no cost to himself. Incredibly the stadium naming rights were sold to him for £1 (that's not a typo, it was one pound). It was then announced that he had agreed to give this up, however in exchange this was to allow his free advertising and a deal that allows him to take over our entire retail arm on the cheap for ever.

I sincerely hope both clubs get rid of him as we are both destined to a future of mediocrity as long as he is involved. Despite the atrocious weather last night there was a large protest at Ibrox with fans trying to storm the front doors of the club to get at the board. It's all over the papers up here.

Dave King lost £20m in Rangers long before Ashley was on the scene.

He got it back before they went pop, just not 100% transparently, so he can peddle the I put in £20 mill myth. (he got £11 mill back in 2008 in Saffer Rand from Rangers).

He's a criminal and according to a judge "a glib and shameless liar".

Wouldn't or certainly shouldn't pass any fit and proper test.

The scenes last night were The Rangers at their bigoted horrible best, hope Ashley guts them.

IMO, it's not nearly enough, they're losing around £10 Mill a year where they are now. £20 Mill would get him one year of standing still.

They are light years away from the other cheek of the arse (and others now). They lose 10+ of their squad in the summer. I reckon £40-£50 Mill to challenge in the SPFL and even then it'll take time to get there all the while the support dwindles as they are unsuccessful and we know he doesn't do subsidy.

He's taken advantage of the train wreck left by your previous board(s). Were there any real offers of finance around the time he got his men on to the board?...I cant help feeling that he was the only one with real money at that time and now he holds all the aces its easy for him to tell the yank to do one. These "three bears" havent got a pot to piss in by all accounts. So maybe its not so much that they dont want anyone to see the books, maybe its just Ashley has played a blinder.

There are documents and bits of evidence coming out recently that show he may have been involved with the previous board all along. The club was registered using the same company that MASH uses, the adminstrators (who have been charged by the police for their dealings with the club) are also the same company that Ashley uses (Duff and Phelps) and emails seem to be emerging showing other links.

In December when the club required funding Ashley offered a loan of £2 million requesting 2 board members for it. Brian Kennedy, someone who had previously tried to buy into the club, offered the same but requested only 1 board member. A leaked email from the chairman shows him requesting Ashley to increase his offer or he'd be forced to accept's Kennedy's thereby risking his and another member their place on the board. Ashley then increased his offer to £3 million and the club announced they accepted the best offer. Kennedy was stunned and said they had never got back to give him any opportunity to revise his offfer. The board then got rid of the chief exec and another board member who were anti-Ashley and they were replaced with Ashley's men.

At this time the club also knocked back a £16 million offer from Dave King which was part loan, part equity in the club as they are afraid of him (he called an EGM yesterday asking for the board to be removed).

An American, Sarver offered £20 million for ownership of the club but the board never even spoke to him.

The so called '3 Bears' recently offered a £5 million loan as the board said they required this till the end of the season. This offer included additional funding in exchange for equity in the future. They have now announced they are stunned that the board have said they need £10 million and so are looking at Ashley's offer as the £5 million figure was the one given by the board themselves. Basically the board (Ashleys men Lambias and Leach) are trying all they can to avoid others being involved in the club. The 3 Bears have now increased their loan offer to £10 million to stop Ashley getting security over Ibrox and the training ground.

Here's a link to the story re the leaked email (note that this is re King's offer, I thought it was about Kennedy's)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leaked-david-somers-email-shows-4870054

Edited by Fitbafan

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt