Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Even in the USA where they know nothing about "soccer" Mike Ashley was described as The Biggest Nipple in World Football yesterday. He needs to go.

The club deserves to be relegated. As a fan there's little to lose if that were to happen. Our footballing performance are horrid currently and have been for the majority of the season. Ashley took a risk on survival by weakening the squad strength relative to the rest of the league and further by failing to replace Pardew in a timely manner. The only meaningful financial hit would be for us to be relegated, even vastly reduced gates wouldn't cause anywhere near the decrease in income.

It's got to the point that if I could choose whether we stay up or get relegated I honestly think I'd choose to be relegated.

The club deserves to be relegated. As a fan there's little to lose if that were to happen. Our footballing performance are horrid currently and have been for the majority of the season. Ashley took a risk on survival by weakening the squad strength relative to the rest of the league and further by failing to replace Pardew in a timely manner. The only meaningful financial hit would be for us to be relegated, even vastly reduced gates wouldn't cause anywhere near the decrease in income.

It's got to the point that if I could choose whether we stay up or get relegated I honestly think I'd choose to be relegated.

Why?

I don't believe Ashley would go if we were relegated, he'd want to make his money back, easiest way to do that is in the Premier League.

Only way Ashley is going is if someone pays £350m (or whatever)

Back to back relegations would at least provide some entertainment and would balls Ashley's plans for worldwide advertising revenues. There is zero enjoyment to be had from the current incarnation of NUFC, we could at least get some from seeing Ashley's cash cow falter.

Back to back relegations would at least provide some entertainment and would balls Ashley's plans for worldwide advertising revenues. There is zero enjoyment to be had from the current incarnation of NUFC, we could at least get some from seeing Ashley's cash cow falter.

:lol: We might finally get to watch some ambitious football as well as it might get his fat fucking arse in gear to try and get them back in the Premiership. That season and a good portion of the first one back in the Prem were probably our best and most enjoyable football under this slug.

Actually that's a good point. Ashley's only ambition is to be in the Premiership, so the more time spent out of it, the better, if you want to see a club and a team that actually has a sense of purpose to it.

Just back to the same cycle when we get back if he doesn't fuck off though. And he'd want the money back and would no doubt come up with some other plan as to how to get it. Can't see the positives in the long run although the idea of his being massively out of pocket is pretty appetising.

It'd be pointless, we'd just be where we were 5 seasons ago. Can't imagine he'd leave, or change his approach so we'd have another 5 seasons like the ones we've just endured.

Brillz <_<

You're being blinded by your view that he's about to become Abramovich-lite this summer though. Imagine it staying this shit for next 5 years. Better to at least see him suffer for free advertising.

You're being blinded by your view that he's about to become Abramovich-lite this summer though. Imagine it staying this shit for next 5 years. Better to at least see him suffer for free advertising.

What's this now?

I don't believe he's going to be Abramovich-esque. We're just going to buy a raft of new players. They'll all be bought on the cheap. You're being blinded by your view that this club won't make any signings and yet somehow begin a campaign with around 7 or so senior players.

No, my point was you seem to think that this summer is going to see a bit of a change in direction. Competent European coach brought in and a raft of new signings (Abramovich-lite) .

And you're basing your assessment of where things are going on that.

Why?

I don't believe Ashley would go if we were relegated, he'd want to make his money back, easiest way to do that is in the Premier League.

Only way Ashley is going is if someone pays £350m (or whatever)

I also don't believe he would go under those circumstances. The primary answer to your question is spite. He's taken a financial risk not caring for the on field endeavours spare survival. He's showed a continued blatant disregard for the club and those who support it. I'd like him to take a financial hit from taking that risk. No doubt he would limit his own exposure financially but there would be a direct impact to his primary concern - Sports Direct.

As others have noted there is nothing to play for at the moment. In the championship there is a clear purpose. One of my favourite seasons was our promotion in 08/09. As a supporter there's nothing to look forward to as a middling club with a dying/dead profile and a weakly knitted patchwork of foreign players playing for themselves, rarely for their teammates. Perhaps the most notable remaining element of Newcastle United is the full stadium. This IMO has gone from a strength to a weakness as it would appear there's a large number of poorly informed non discerning supporters who will go to games regardless of the rubbish being served up and the disregard being showed to them by the owner.

Our shortest odds out of this are either a heart attack or a lone heed tha ball.

What's the horse puncher up to these days?

Our shortest odds out of this are either a heart attack or a lone heed tha ball.

I was hoping some crazy Rangersfan would have sorted this all out by now. We've all been a bit let down by them iyam.

For him to go we need a buyer, and we're far more likely to attract one if we're already in the top flight. He doesn't seem the type to sell on the cheap if we are relegated, so I don't really see any reason to expect that us being relegated would force a change. Would be nice to see him lose a load of money like.

The next buyer is just as likely to want it to showcase his tat than to actually play football. What we need is Ashley to somehow have an It's a Wonderful Life experience which transforms him into a benevolent spendthrift, desperate to make amends before his soul and testicles are eaten by Satan's bad aids cancer piranhas.

No, my point was you seem to think that this summer is going to see a bit of a change in direction. Competent European coach brought in and a raft of new signings (Abramovich-lite) .

And you're basing your assessment of where things are going on that.

To be clear, I think Ashley is going to employ a head coach because he wants no fuss when his management team buy & sell players. I think he'll get someone like Garde because they're cheap enough for his tastes, but good enough to keep us as a Premier League concern.

I think we'll make a bunch of signings because his aim of premier league survival is likely to be missed if we don't. Also he'd miss the opportunity to sell on those assets in a year or so for the profits he enjoys.

The side effect of the new coach and new players is that the next season's football will be more enjoyable than we've endured under Pardew & Carver. I still think that without ambitions of Europe or in the cups our season will tail off.

I don't think any of this is a change in direction.

I'm hoping the new boss will be able to dramatically improve the football and cohesion, but accept that's a hope & an unlikely one at that.

Nothing will change until the owner does.

The only other hope is that a new owner sees the situation at Newcastle United as a perfect time to buy. The barren squad & no incumbent manager, the relatively healthy club finances, the tv deal... That someone comes in with an offer that Ashley thinks is too good a deal to turn down. Which means it'd have to be the clubs worth now, the expected profits to come & the merchandising deals.

Can you see anything else ousting him? Because I can't.

What we need is Ashley to somehow have an It's a Wonderful Life experience which transforms him into a benevolent spendthrift, desperate to make amends before his soul and testicles are eaten by Satan's bad aids cancer piranhas.

You're mixing up your Christmas movies there. Surely it's a Scrooge type experience he needs? Unless he were to have an It's A Wonderfull Life experience without the angel (ie he actually goes through with the suicide unlike George Bailey).

That's why I'm pitching a strategy of back to back relegation. A minimum of 3 years out of the top flight, jumpers for goalposts, the lot.

I could go for it if I thought it would work out like that. Don't see it unfortunately.

You're mixing up your Christmas movies there. Surely it's a Scrooge type experience he needs? Unless he were to have an It's A Wonderfull Life experience without the angel (ie he actually goes through with the suicide unlike George Bailey).

Yeah you're correct, I'm so sloshed at Christmas these have become the same movie for me. It's a Wonderful Scrooge.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt