Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

No surprises then.

JFK can fuck off then considering he has accomplished exactly nothing since being brought in.

Trot on now John Kinnary.

I disagree, he's done exactly what Ashley wanted. He's taking the flack from the fans and will do from the media. He's in position to take the reigns from Pardew, the minute Alan's position becomes untenable.

Mission accomplished.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive disappointment at no last ditch signing, but absolutely no surprise.

No idea what the real purpose there was in Ashley hiring Kinnear, but if it was to get new players across the line, then I hope Kinnear will now be fired for such a dismal performance when every other team in the Premier league got at least 2 or more players across the line, and quite a few of them were strikers.

One solitary loan signing of an injured, bailed accused rapist, is certainly a feather in someone's hat.

Credit to Pardew for not having anything to do with Kinnear's failure, but he's the one who's going to suffer for it.

Since no new striker has been brought in we're massively reliant on the form and fitness of the rapist. Shola is a sub at best and gouffran is a support striker. We can't rely on hba to score wonder goals each week and cisse is also out of form. Myopic transfer policy imo.

No one seems to be picking up on this. Yes we have a decent GK, defense and midfield. But Ba scored nigh on half of our goals last season. Unless Remy manages to score 15 goals this season, something he has only done once in his career, and we manage a full 9 months without injuries to Cisse or Remy, we are in the shit.

No one seems to be picking up on this. Yes we have a decent GK, defense and midfield. But Ba scored nigh on half of our goals last season. Unless Remy manages to score 15 goals this season, something he has only done once in his career, and we manage a full 9 months without injuries to Cisse or Remy, we are in the shit.

Less than a third (13 of 45) and we have bought 3 players who can score goals since he left. If between them Sissoko, Gouffran and Remy dont get 13 goals, it would be a surprise to say the least.

Guaranteed that at some point one or even both if we are as unlucky as we have been, get injured.

Here is a stat for you. Last season the number of NUFC players to play in >30 league games. 3.

Guaranteed that at some point one or even both if we are as unlucky as we have been, get injured.

Here is a stat for you. Last season the number of NUFC players to play in >30 league games. 3.

Be interesting to see the same stat for all othe clubs.,My hope would be we were the worst which would mean, statistically and in all probability, it wont happen again.

That doesnt account on our seemingly endless bad luck of course.

Less than a third (13 of 45) and we have bought 3 players who can score goals since he left. If between them Sissoko, Gouffran and Remy dont get 13 goals, it would be a surprise to say the least.

I think Remy could hopefully bag 8-10 depending on how AP uses him. I'd agree the other two should easily make up the rest. Im hoping that Cabaye gets his head down and gets his true form back as that can bring us another 5-6 but if he sulks again he wont. Im still interested to see how AP will use Remy. Play off Cisse or Cisse alone with Remy/HBA supporting. I dont like Cisse alone unless we play the ball on the deck and support him.

Sissoko and Gouffran are hardly prolific. iirc we don't score many goals from midfield, none from corners and Cabaye is the only who scores from free kicks. We're very reliant on our strikers to score and it's a worry imo. A lack of goals in the team was the main problem last time out iirc.

Be interesting to see the same stat for all othe clubs.,My hope would be we were the worst which would mean, statistically and in all probability, it wont happen again.

That doesnt account on our seemingly endless bad luck of course.

Had a quick look at Everton who are comparable to us in a few ways at the moment. - http://www.evertonfc.com/first-team-stats-2012/13

They had 7 (excluding subs)

If you look at a team like Man Utd who perhaps rotate their squad a bit more to cope with the CL etc, they had 3 as well but the quality in depth to do that. A team like Stoke had 6.

"We would like to bring one key player in who is going to threaten the first team and maybe we have to watch the Cabaye situation, that would be someone we have to replace for sure," Pardew told Sky Sports, adding that director of football Joe Kinnear was working hard.

Pardew said: “Looking at the team, I am really looking to try to help Papiss a little bit more in terms of his service, and it’s something we will be working on.”

Joe is directly the in-line manager for the board and Mike, the owner, so therefore I request to him what I think the team needs and he has to try to get them over the line. We have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline."

"We have a list of four or five strikers who will push Cissé, Shola, Adam Campbell and Yoan Gouffran because that will be important next season. We do need two strikers. Last season, I didn't think there was enough competition in that area for a Premier League team."

"It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner then that will be the best outcome for us...there is always room for improvement. I have spoken to Joe and had a couple of meetings with him. I have told him what I think the weaknesses in the squad are.

"I have told him I need to strengthen, and I have a couple of ideas."

The first 11 isn't that awful but there's literally no competition for places. A handful of serious injuries with the likes of Gosling, Shola and Williamson as back up and we look like relegation candidates.

People on here bang on about it being the manager's fault - he's clearly not the best coach out there but he's had absolutely fuck all support from his chairman for the second summer running.

I think Remy could hopefully bag 8-10 depending on how AP uses him. I'd agree the other two should easily make up the rest. Im hoping that Cabaye gets his head down and gets his true form back as that can bring us another 5-6 but if he sulks again he wont. Im still interested to see how AP will use Remy. Play off Cisse or Cisse alone with Remy/HBA supporting. I dont like Cisse alone unless we play the ball on the deck and support him.

Cisse is key to this but in the event he only gets around 10 goals again then we need the following players to score more, last years PL goals in brackets : Ben Arfa (4), Gouffran (3), Sissoko (3), Marveaux (1), Anita (0), Shola (1) :lol:

Remy should get 5 to 10 based on his QPR form .

Sissoko and Gouffran are hardly prolific. iirc we don't score many goals from midfield, none from corners and Cabaye is the only who scores from free kicks. We're very reliant on our strikers to score and it's a worry imo. A lack of goals in the team was the main problem last time out iirc.

Not really, we certainly missed a few but the main problem was the 68 goals we conceded.

He should just resign, really

If he does that, he misses out on a huge payout he'd be due from his inevitable sacking. He'll also never manage a bigger club.

The club clearly don't have as much trust in him and have decided that the signings in January and the lack of Europa league should be enough to guarantee roughly 10th position. As Gemmil has been saying recently, it would take HUGE investment to break the top 4 and from there, there seems to be no difference to the owner between finishing 6th and 16th.

I really thought it was huge that we stayed in the PL last season due to the huge bump in TV money, when we could hopefully add a few shrewd signings and maybe aim for 5th or so again and kick-on.

Interview with Micky Quinn in the Chronicle discussing it. here

“You have to ask where the money has gone."...“There were 6,000 empty seats against Fulham, and I can’t say that’s a surprise.

Not really, we certainly missed a few but the main problem was the 68 goals we conceded.

Obviously if you concede a lot of goals you lose but that stat doesn't tell the whole story. For instance 20 of those 68 goals were conceded in only 4 games. We conceded 13 goals in 2 fixtures alone vs Arsenal and Liverpool.

We had a number of problems including in PL inexperienced players, a poor second string, key players missing or AWOL etc etc. But I don't think many teams were worried about us because we didn't have much goal threat throughout the team. I think Remy is a great signing because he's a goal scorer and he has genuine pace; we looked a different class up front when he came on (along with the other subs). However he seems injury prone and if he's out we're back to the Shola/Cisse axis.

Personally I don't think we'll be as bad at the back as last season. But I think it's possible with a couple of injuries upfront we could revert to pedestrian and negative tactics and invite teams to rip us a new arsehole like last time out. I don't think we're good enough to play for clean sheets especially against the better teams.

Gouffran and Sissoko scored 6 in half a season last year. Also, I'd rather we had MORE firepower than last year and not fight relegation. You can play devils advocate all you want. We are woefully short of goalscorers

Gouffran and Sissoko scored 6 in half a season last year. Also, I'd rather we had MORE firepower than last year and not fight relegation. You can play devils advocate all you want. We are woefully short of goalscorers

We are missing one target man. I know that, just trying to find some positives.

I think the myth that Sissoko can score goals was bourne out of his home debut against Chelsea, in the 56 games before that 3-2 win, he scored just THREE goals. No one can put a positive slant on this summers window, anyone that does is just being a contrary Keef. What it is, is an absolute disgrace. On 23rd August Pardew himself mentioned the vital need to get two players in, it hasn't happened, you can't blame Kinnear, he's a fuckin fruitcake, the blame lies squarely at the ultimate decision maker, the 18 stone future Hertfordshire heart attack victim. I hope he reads this. We hate you, fuck off you fat cunt.

Cisse is key to this but in the event he only gets around 10 goals again then we need the following players to score more, last years PL goals in brackets : Ben Arfa (4), Gouffran (3), Sissoko (3), Marveaux (1), Anita (0), Shola (1) :lol:

Remy should get 5 to 10 based on his QPR form .

Make your mind up. I just posted the same nigh on and you said its fine cos our midfielders score goals :lol: Edited by TheRollingStones

ANOTHER year where Shola will play more than he won't.

How does this keep happening?! Every season we clearly see he can't cut it at this level week in week out, and yet it gets to the start of another season and he's our next in line if a striker is injured.

Obviously if you concede a lot of goals you lose but that stat doesn't tell the whole story. For instance 20 of those 68 goals were conceded in only 4 games. We conceded 13 goals in 2 fixtures alone vs Arsenal and Liverpool.

We had a number of problems including in PL inexperienced players, a poor second string, key players missing or AWOL etc etc. But I don't think many teams were worried about us because we didn't have much goal threat throughout the team. I think Remy is a great signing because he's a goal scorer and he has genuine pace; we looked a different class up front when he came on (along with the other subs). However he seems injury prone and if he's out we're back to the Shola/Cisse axis.

Personally I don't think we'll be as bad at the back as last season. But I think it's possible with a couple of injuries upfront we could revert to pedestrian and negative tactics and invite teams to rip us a new arsehole like last time out. I don't think we're good enough to play for clean sheets especially against the better teams.

Too simplistic. We need to score 10 more and concede 10 less. This would bring the goal difference down to around 0 and put us in 8th place.

Its too easy to say 'if you scored 5 in the game we lost 0-6 and 3 in the game we lost 0-4 and 2 in the 0-3 then we dont get any more points'. Its a nonsense to look at it that way as that just like saying 'if Remy score all his goals in games we lose, he wont bring any points'.

Incorrect. We need to shore up the defence and create more goals. The signs arent great but there are some angles in relation to both which can be reasons to be positive.

Disinterested, sulking want-away Cabaye got 6 goals for us last term. If we can get him right, then there's hope there.