Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet Rowan, a long-time supporter and secretary of the Chester-le-Street supporters' group, said she thought Di Canio was "very passionate" about his involvement in the game but said extremist politics "isn't something we want in football". She added: "I respect David Miliband's views but as fans we have got to support Di Canio. I think with some people, his appointment probably will leave a bad taste but I hope that the majority of fans are going to put Sunderland football club ahead of everything."

There is a very real issue at hand but she believes that Sunderland football club should be put ahead of concerns over fascism, intolerance and the very short jump to race issues.

If Di Canio was appointed here i'm not so sure there would be the same acceptance and maybe that would be because it would be another embarrassment from Ashley but that lot down road realise their position is so tenuous and are lucky to be supported by Short's finance that they will timidly accept this. 'As long as he doesnt slag of Sess's mam' obviously.

Official sunderland statement:

Official statement from Sunderland AFC.

Sunderland AFC and Head Coach Paolo Di Canio have issued the following statement in response to comments made by certain sections of the media and other individuals since his appointment was announced yesterday.

Paolo spoke passionately and honestly regarding the inaccurate portrayal of his beliefs and values from some quarters. He said: “Something can happen many years ago but what counts is the facts. My life speaks for me. Of course it hurts me because people try to take your dignity and that is not fair.

“I believe in my pillars and I have values. What offends me more than anything is not because they touch me; they touch what my parents gave to me; the values they gave to me. This is not acceptable.

“What I can say is that if someone is hurt, I am sorry. But this didn’t come from me, it came from a big story that people put out in a different way to what it was.

“I never have a problem in my past. I expressed an opinion in an interview many years ago. Some pieces were taken for media convenience. They took my expression in a very, very negative way – but it was a long conversation and a long interview. It was not fair. I know it is a part of my job to do interviews because I am well-known, but sometimes it suits their purpose to put big headlines and a big story.

“I don’t have a problem with anyone. I haven’t had a problem in the past and I don’t know why I have to keep repeating my story, to be defending myself on something that doesn’t belong to me every time I change clubs. Talk about racism? That is absolutely stupid, stupid and ridiculous. The people who know me can change that idea quickly. When I was in England my best friends were Trevor Sinclair and Chris Powell, the Charlton manager – they can tell you everything about my character.

“I don’t want to talk about politics because it’s not my area. We are not in the Houses of Parliament, we are in a football club. I want to talk about sport. I want to talk about football, my players, the Board and the fans. My first priority is my family and my daughters, that’s obvious, and secondly to have the responsibility for thousands of people. This is my priority and I want to be focused on this aspect. I don’t want to talk any more about politics – I am not a politics person.”

CEO Margaret Byrne said: “Sunderland AFC is a traditional football club, with a rich and proud history. It has a strong ethos and ethics and that has not changed in any shape or form.

“Naturally it’s been very disappointing to read some of the reaction to Paolo’s appointment in the last 24 hours. Anyone who has met Paolo and spoken with him personally, as we did in depth before making this appointment, will know that he is an honest man, a man of principle and a driven, determined and passionate individual. To accuse him now, as some have done, of being a racist or having fascist sympathies, is insulting not only to him but to the integrity of this football club.

“Paolo has spoken emotively and at length in order to clarify some of the misconceptions that surround him and historical comments and actions attributed to him in the past.

“My role and that of the Board is to act in the best interests of this club at all times and in appointing Paolo Di Canio we feel we have done just that. It is disappointing that some people are trying to turn the appointment of a head coach into a political circus.

“We are a football club and now want to allow Paolo and the team to focus on the rest of the season.”

Neither Sunderland AFC, nor Paolo Di Canio, will make any further comment on this matter.

''I am not a racist, I am a fascist'' - Paullo Di Canio tallking to the BBC.

Di-Canio.jpg

article-2302135-01FC42030000044D-195_634x417.jpg

Of course there were alegations of racism at Swindon too. It was so easy to avoid this minefield. Nice one Sunderland, Nice one.

The old "some of my best friends are black" defence :lol: Tbf, he's entitled to his opinions and if he at any time in his career has been racially abusive towards black folk then we'll hear about it soon enough. Not many people are stupid or intolerant enough to bring a full set racial prejudice's into the work place. He doesn't strike me as that stupid tbh. He's damned by those pictures though, the silly fucker.

It's a Roman salute according the the mackems. It just happens to have been used by the Nazi's - by a man who says he is a fascist - aiming it at some jews.

Coincidence.

The old "some of my best friends are black" defence :lol: Tbf, he's entitled to his opinions and if he at any time in his career has been racially abusive towards black folk then we'll hear about it soon enough. Not many people are stupid or intolerant enough to bring a full set racial prejudice's into the work place. He doesn't strike me as that stupid tbh. He's damned by those pictures though, the silly fucker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18245752

Soon enough? ;)

Edited by Gejon

It's a Roman salute according the the mackems. It just happens to have been used by the Nazi's - by a man who says he is a fascist - aiming it at some jews.

Coincidence.

article-2302135-01FC42030000044D-195_634x417.jpg

Ave Caesar?

So who was he doing it to Tom?....

It's something the Lazio fans do to wind up the Roma fans - although PDC seems to be pretty set in the ideas behind it rather than just a derby taunt, He's done it a few times - not just for a laught - he has a Mussolini tattoo...

I can see how a footballer would be daft enough to get carried away with wanting to ingratiate themselves with fans and it going as far as the salute without thinking what it means - a lot of them are that stupid.

However having the tattoo and speaking of his admiration for Mussolini is harder to ignore.

Edited by NJS

Think the OP title should be

Sunderland appoint Fascist Paolo Di Canio as manager

So many things wrong with this appointment, Football is not another world...as the SAFC seem to think with the statement put out today...

What.... they`ll forgive him as a fascist if he keeps them up . that says more to me ,oh and did smile at the fact that Short has spunked £100 million on that there club never has the expression throwing good money after bad been more apt

The man looks and acts crazy.

He's even madder than Holloway who I always thought was just pretending and acting the part.

The derby should be fun if we can wind him up and get him jumping, I reckon we should all 'salute' him when he steps on the pitch.