Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the amount he's played though in a struggling team, 13 is a very good return. I know he's been injured, but he is the sort of player would should be looking for IMO.

Thought it was less than that, even with Europa League goals included.

He's come into a bit of consistent form recently like I said, but aside from that has seemed pretty inconsistent (largely because of the their system, injuries etc, like Jonny said). I don't doubt he's a good player, he's on his way to proving himself to be a top level striker, just perhaps not there yet.

The lies and drummer up hype probably originated from his agent though, rather than us. There's absolutely no logic in NUFC creating rumours that we're interested in players that we don't intend to buy.

Of course there is - an attempt to make it look as though we're trying to buy players and "just couldn't get them over the line" or "the financial climate wasn't right for buying" or "we won't be held to ransom." Those pesky fans, they keep expecting poor Mike to buy new players every transfer window. It's not as though the squad has needed strength in depth ever since promotion, or is lacking just a key player or two for a European challenge. So the perennial bullshit rumours and eleventh-hour bids for players we have no interest in is designed to placate the fans.

Of course there is - an attempt to make it look as though we're trying to buy players and "just couldn't get them over the line" or "the financial climate wasn't right for buying" or "we won't be held to ransom." Those pesky fans, they keep expecting poor Mike to buy new players every transfer window. It's not as though the squad has needed strength in depth ever since promotion, or is lacking just a key player or two for a European challenge. So the perennial bullshit rumours and eleventh-hour bids for players we have no interest in is designed to placate the fans.

But Ashley doesn't give a shit what the fans think, so why would the club go to all that effort?

Even if it was, what the fuck has happened to Man Utd. I mean it's brilliant, if it was any other team they were playing I'd be really enjoying this, but seriously...

How much of their success was psychological I wonder.

Had bets on 2-1 either way, and sunderland/Man U HT/FT, so I cashed out the sunderland 2-1 Man Utd bet for £30, and I'm now hoping Man U score 2 or 3...

I think covering my bets is the most I can hope for

Useless Manc fuckers

"We are all just laughing at them at the minute. We get a player booked for doing the same. It looks as though we are having to play them [officials] as well as the opposition at the moment.

He's got a nerve seeing as they should have had a player sent off and got 6 minutes of added time.