Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation aside though, Allardyce has totally hung his kids out to dry. I get that he has a diminished squad, but he pulled three senior players off in the second half when they were 1-0 down, leaving them leaderless and without hope. And let a bunch of kids endure what will probably be one of the most miserable afternoons of their careers.

I'd be utterly appalled if we did that, regardless of the situation that the club was in...

And now it's 4...

Relegation aside though, Allardyce has totally hung his kids out to dry. I get that he has a diminished squad, but he pulled three senior players off in the second half when they were 1-0 down, leaving them leaderless and without hope. And let a bunch of kids endure what will probably be one of the most miserable afternoons of their careers.

I'd be utterly appalled if we did that, regardless of the situation that the club was in...

And now it's 4...

Another utter cunt desperate to keep his job and the millions it earns him each year on the back of blatantly throwing a game in the FA cup. This has been going on for years of course, but Paul Lambert's comments, backed up by Pardew and the inevitable results for these clubs this weekend should see the FA carpeting these tossers and asking them what the fuck they think theyre playing at. The FA wont of course, because theyre the ones who allowed all this to happen over the past two decades.

Another utter cunt desperate to keep his job and the millions it earns him each year on the back of blatantly throwing a game in the FA cup. This has been going on for years of course, but Paul Lambert's comments, backed up by Pardew and the inevitable results for these clubs this weekend should see the FA carpeting these tossers and asking them what the fuck they think theyre playing at. The FA wont of course, because theyre the ones who allowed all this to happen over the past two decades.

Very true.

Allardyce takes the biscuit though, the man is a total disgrace. Those West Ham fans basically travelled up to Nottingham to watch their under 21s lose 5-0 to a Championship team, with their manager giving up hope mid way through the second half when they were only a goal down. I think that's the most brazen 'throwing' of a game I've ever seen.

Celtic ended up winning 4-0. Such a pointless league.

I don't know why their players bother even celebrating goals any more. Where's the sense of pride in winning a league like they will year after year (even when Rangers make it back)?

They've got nothing going for them but Champions League football, and I imagine that and the promise of regular first team football is about all they can offer new players (none of whom are anything special).

Ah shame, I guess that's Carlisle out. Sunderland sound like they've done a professional job there. Either Kidderminster or Peterbrough in the next round. We could be about to see first hand the effect that good cup runs can have on a team fighting relegation.

Ah shame, I guess that's Carlisle out. Sunderland sound like they've done a professional job there. Either Kidderminster or Peterbrough in the next round. We could be about to see first hand the effect that good cup runs can have on a team fighting relegation.

To be fair, Cardiff are significantly better than Carlisle.

Yeah that was entirely about Sunderland but sorry if it came off as a dig at us. I was more remarking in surprise at the ability to use the words 'professional job' with any team that includes Lee Cattermole.

EDIT - I see he wasn't playing. Normal service resumed then.

Edited by Rayvin

We should have signed Bony when we had the chance. He's the proper centre forward we are lacking.

To be fair he's been pretty indifferent since he's joined them. Missed a few games, to be fair. Scored 3-4 recently so he's getting better but still got a lot to prove (doing well in the Eredivisie doesn't mean a lot these days sadly).

To be fair he's been pretty indifferent since he's joined them. Missed a few games, to be fair. Scored 3-4 recently so he's getting better but still got a lot to prove (doing well in the Eredivisie doesn't mean a lot these days sadly).

For the amount he's played though in a struggling team, 13 is a very good return. I know he's been injured, but he is the sort of player would should be looking for IMO.

I think he's class. Swansea's style isn't perfectly suited to him though due to how direct his play is so he's having to adapt to not getting the ball played to him instantly so being smarter with the runs he makes.

He would have been perfect for us sadly.