Newcastle United v West Ham (24 Aug) 15:00

Park Life

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do, we'll scrub that from the 0 shots on target in 90minutes

what about the 0 shots on target in the other 89m20seconds ;)

We're properly fucked this season if we don't get someone putting it in the net soon.

Anyway Maldini, instead of pissing and moaning like a girl, why aren't you playing today? :razz:

That was a woeful performance. Not quite as inept as last week at City but doesn't bode well for the season.

Again, 12 goals conceded in our last 3 home games. Now that was worrying. Chill the fuck out folks, its bad and could get worse, but ffs, we're 2 games in just.

Come on Andrew, you're slagging people off for being concerned after watching that game?
Totally agree with what Ant says in his latest post.

Who am I slagging off? I'm disagreeing with people for what I see as an over the top reaction to a draw.

They set up for a draw and got it.

Did it not concern you how yet again at home we looked shocking in terms of chance creation? Yes we need new signings but even with those players I don't have confidence in the manager to get the team to create anything and even look like a unit when it comes to going forward.

It's an end of season slump that's continued into this season.. Not in any way surprised.

The manager is clueless.

The Director of football is a fucking imbecile.

The owner couldn't care less.

A real recipe for success isn't it.

It's gotten to the point where I'm wanting to see them lose so Pardew can't wax lyrical about a hard earned point...

Who am I slagging off? I'm disagreeing with people for what I see as an over the top reaction to a draw.

If this were a "one off", as you said in a previous post, I would agree with you. But this is what we've seen last year and in preseason thus far. But unfortunately, those of us who have watched most of the games the past few seasons know it is the norm.

Edited by LooneyToony

Did it not concern you how yet again at home we looked shocking in terms of chance creation? Yes we need new signings but even with those players I don't have confidence in the manager to get the team to create anything and even look like a unit when it comes to going forward.

I get the impression that one of Pardew's limitations is that he thinks that if he picks the right players, he can send them out there without much instruction?

It seems that he'd pick Tiote because Tiote can play the defensive role, but he won't drill it into Tiote that this is the limit of his role & he shouldn't try passes over 10 yards. He'd pick Cabaye because Cabaye is a good player and has an eye, but he won't drill players how to move to get the best from Yohan.

and so on and so forth

It's an end of season slump that's continued into this season.. Not in any way surprised.

The manager is clueless.

The Director of football is a fucking imbecile.

The owner couldn't care less.

A real recipe for success isn't it.

It's gotten to the point where I'm wanting to see them lose so Pardew can't wax lyrical about a hard earned point...

Spot on.

And there's no light because the tunnel's collapsed.

I get the impression that one of Pardew's limitations is that he thinks that if he picks the right players, he can send them out there without much instruction?

It seems that he'd pick Tiote because Tiote can play the defensive role, but he won't drill it into Tiote that this is the limit of his role & he shouldn't try passes over 10 yards. He'd pick Cabaye because Cabaye is a good player and has an eye, but he won't drill players how to move to get the best from Yohan.

and so on and so forth

Yeah, he tells the players to stand in a 442 formation and that's about it. And when he says "stand in a 442 formation" half of the players does literally just stand there without a clue how to move or where to lay the pass. It's like he's doing less of a job than someone who sets the tactics in a football manager game.

If this were a "one off", as you said in a previous post, I would agree with you. But this is what we've seen last year and in preseason thus far. But unfortunately, those of us who have watched most of the games the past few seasons know it is the norm.

Aye, Gouffran scoops over the bar from 2 yards every game...

Aye, Gouffran scoops over the bar from 2 yards every game...

I was talking about the game in general, in reaction to your statements about how the "over-the-top" reactors must have not seen what you did, which was a NUFC that "didn't play that bad".

Edited by LooneyToony

I was talking about the game in general, in reaction to your statements about how the "over-the-top" reactors must have not seen what you did, which was a NUFC that "didn't play that bad".

actually you were talking about my one off remark.

incorrectly.

Absolutely shocking home display.

Lots wrong from top to bottom but this squad of players should be able to muster up a better display than this.

Pardews departure is long overdue.

How utterly original of you to say so :lol:

Am going to play the same game...who's coming in to replace him? :)

How utterly original of you to say so :lol:

Am going to play the same game...who's coming in to replace him? :)

Well Ive been saying it since last October so what do you expect?

Fuck knows who will come in but it's clear as day that he can't change anything.

I don't disagree that it all seems fucked now but Id still prefer some fucker with an inkling and some guts to come in and stir things up.

Poyet, Hoddle, Macis fucking Riley!

ABP

Well Ive been saying it since last October so what do you expect?

Fuck knows who will come in but it's clear as day that he can't change anything.

I don't disagree that it all seems fucked now but Id still prefer some fucker with an inkling and some guts to come in and stir things up.

Poyet, Hoddle, Macis fucking Riley!

ABP

So you're not of the opinion that the jobs as good as Kinnear's, probably before October?...

Aren't you dreading some bimbo on SS news uttering "Joe Kinnear takes over as caretaker"?.. :crying:

Edited by PaddockLad

Thought the midfield did okay today, just that final third we seem to be shit at. doesn't Pardew work with the forwards at all?

The overall performance was so poor today I think it's wasteful discussing individuals too much. That said I thought Anita and Sissoko didn't really take the opportunity given to them.

However, what instructions they were given re safety first could have made a difference. Pardew seems to stifle individual performances IMO.

So you're not of the opinion that the jobs as good as Kinnear's, probably before October?...

Aren't you dreading some bimbo on SS news uttering "Joe Kinnear takes over as caretaker"?.. :crying:

:lol:

I'm a bit immune to it all tbf as I'm sure you are to a degree.

It clearly seems to be a marriage of convenience these days and the sooner the divorce comes through the better.

Last season killed off any glimmer of positivity.

I'd love a better manager than pardew. But honestly, what makes anyone think Ashley will bring in anyone better? We're talking about the man that just hired Kinnear as DoF.

The overall performance was so poor today I think it's wasteful discussing individuals too much. That said I thought Anita and Sissoko didn't really take the opportunity given to them.

However, what instructions they were given re safety first could have made a difference. Pardew seems to stifle individual performances IMO.

It was the same as last season...in the first half HBA and Sissoko were making decent breaks with no support or movement ahead of them, They cant do it alone though, they need options once they've carried the ball into the final third. We don't have the players with enough clever movement, or players who are able to spot a teammate making decent break and are willing to support it.

Second half changes were reasonable, they came for a draw and would have won if Nolan hadn't missed a sitter..again..he did the same at Upton Park last season :lol:

I think a better manager would do better than Pardew but that coin has two sides and a worse manager would do worse.

I think a better player than Ben Arfa....

Blah Blah, football

I was really disappointed with Marveaux today like. Yet again he never stamped his authority on a game, thought him playing the David Silva type role was perfect for him as well.

I'd love a better manager than pardew. But honestly, what makes anyone think Ashley will bring in anyone better? We're talking about the man that just hired Kinnear as DoF.

Ashley's not going to bring in a better manager than Pardew but it doesn't mean Pardew should get off lightly for how dreadful we've been over the last 12 months or so.