95% certainty that humans are the "dominant cause" of climate change

Happy Face

:lol: Shut your face and get young Alexandre on the case tout de suite.

There's nothing emo about considering all aspects in the decision. I'm concerned about the effect the nappies will have as well. Hercules is sure to be a Herculean shitter.

Aye it's terrifying man. I'm not certain I want kids, and this is a genuine factor in the decision making process. If the planet is gonna get very unpleasant, very soon, then what do I want to be having kids for.

Fucking hell, alright emo kid :lol: Nowt to do with lose of freedom, changing nappies and generally devoting your life to someone else. No it's the environment.

To be fair, if that's what you tell your lass I've got to tip my hat to you.

I'd just assumed he was a Jaffa.

:dunno:

Fucking hell, alright emo kid :lol: Nowt to do with lose of freedom, changing nappies and generally devoting your life to someone else. No it's the environment.

To be fair, if that's what you tell your lass I've got to tip my hat to you.

Sounds like he's went off sex to me. Early midlife crisis?

• 4 months later...

As I said earlier on this page, anyone not factoring this into a "do I really want kids" decision is being negligent. :razz:

What do you want to be when you grow up son?

A crisp.

:D

Those with cat's are the cruelest. Might as well impale poor Tiddles on a small wooden pole and turn him on a spit for a few hours till you get that lovely chargrill effect. Goes nice with Louisiana hot sauce.

We all get caught up in the news media bullshit about all kinds of things. I'm sure most of us can see that. It's about controlling us and how we think.

We get told about global warming and a hole in the ozone layer, etc...and we all just go along with it. In fact, we just go along with most things scientifically put out. The problem is deciphering the truth from the lies or made up stuff.

I used to believe everything just about, not too many years ago, because I had no real interest in even questioning what was told. I've taken more interest in the garbage that's spewed out now about all kinds of stuff, including global warming.

We are too easily pacified, that's our problem. We are keen to lap up what people put out. Remember Edwina Currie with the salmonella in eggs. It's all put out to scare us, tax us or control our habits.

The problem is, anyone who dares to have any alternative views on what's put out, are labelled weird or nutters, because that's what's been built into the psyche of people. Deny global warming in how they tell us and you're a conspiracy nut. Deny or question anything officially given out to us and you're a conspiracy nut.

Go into a church and pray to an invisible entity and you are a religious church goer that is respected by your peers. Sit in your armchair and talk to an invisible entity on your own and you will be classed as insane. Strange isn't it?

The man in the suit with letters on his top pocket can tell you that the sun is leaking unspent fuel into space and it could set Earth on fire. It will be believed by the majority.

If someone questions that, they will be labelled stupid and a conspiracy theorist, because the man in the suit knows better and he has the calculations to prove it, regardless of nobody knowing what the hell they mean. If they look complicated, those that decide to study them, will swear by them.

No person who reads science books or is fascinated by science space equations will ever admit that what they study could be nonsense. Warped space time is real, the Earth is sat in an invisible net like mattress and the equations prove it.

Global warming is the same thing. They tell us that there's a hole in the ozone layer and the suns radiation is seeping through, warming the Earth up.

What we are told Earth is, isn't the truth as far as I'm concerned.

These last 2 posts have made me reconsider 99% of scientific research. Good work chaps.

To be fair, you can stick perfectly to what you have stuck to all your life. It's your choice. I have no qualms about what people believe. I have my own beliefs and I stick to them and add to them as time goes on, until things make more logical sense to me. It could render me a total nutcase to you, which is fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Something seems to be going very wrong with the climate this year. Partly El Nino but that's just exacerbating things rather than causing them. No idea what the cause could be. Perhaps we just need to bury our heads in the sand a bit more. I've posted a snapshot of a graph below. For many other frankly very concerning data, read the twitter thread. 

image.png.fe7447fa8954699e281683324d14c130.png

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

One good reason to love the UK Rents. We won't get the climate change wrath (for a while) than a lot of other countries.

I agree. I reckon I've got a 20 year window in Costa del Tynemouth where I can grow olives and have a vinyard in my back garden, should see me through to end time, but might have to invest in a shot gun. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Something seems to be going very wrong with the climate this year. Partly El Nino but that's just exacerbating things rather than causing them. No idea what the cause could be. Perhaps we just need to bury our heads in the sand a bit more. I've posted a snapshot of a graph below. For many other frankly very concerning data, read the twitter thread. 

image.png.fe7447fa8954699e281683324d14c130.png

Where is he likely to be getting his graphs from for this? Genuinely, am not questioning this (I’ve not had enough of experts 😉) just wondering. And is there somewhere we can find out who’s funded any research papers etc he’s done?…