Cardiff - Newcastle

Aeris

I'm not feeling anything special today...guess that is when it works. when we won against fulham and villa, i was busy at work, then at a wedding so I didnt see those games. maybe I should just not watch it.

anyways, Cardiff is a decent team, fairly ambitious with their many expensive summer signings. they have players like Andreas Cornelius, the Danish Lukaku back from injury, Gary Medel, expensive energetic ballwinner from Sevilla, Steven Caulker, towering English international central defender and many other players that will cause us trouble.

I'm not seeing us bounce back from that Everton defeat, we were just too shitty to have any positives to work with. The team needs a major overhaul, and cant see Pardew being a man who can bring back a team from the depressing state it's in. There's just not a single glimmer of inspiration in those dead eyes of his.

Who on earth are the players going to turn to when they desperately need guidance? There's no leader here, no ambition, no spirit...

I really can't see us doing anything different from last year, in best case the same, in worst case relegation. Because in every other team there is at least a spirit and willingness to fight, but we are like this years QPR.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier not to use Santon as a defender CT, just use the other two alternatives we have in Haidara or Dummet. Actually having defenders who can defend has proven to be so fuckin crucial for us not letting 3-4 goals in after the first 20 minutes. Just use Santon as a full-on attacking winger instead, let him only concentrate on providing service for our striker/strikers. We certainly lack service for our strikers, and Jonas is just a waste of wide play. I rather have more games with Dummet and Ameobi, or maybe Haidara and Marveaux, or Mbiwa and Gouffran, or maybe even Anita and Ben Arfa, or different combos of all the players I've just mentioned, the list of better options than what you propose are fuckin endless.

Edited by Aeris

Get Jonas in to cover Santon

He could do with it. Well spotted :up:

(you should read up on the dynamics of a 4-3-3 system, how it's supposed to work, Brilliant Orange, from the Sports Book thread - buy it)

Of course that was the logic of moving Ben Arfa on to the left. So he'd track back on and defend his natural foot - which he didn't - but neither did anybody else at any professional level.

I suppose the great fear is whether our centre halfs can deal with simple long balls & actually mark opposition players when they are in the box.

If we're going back down the road of using Jonas to help a defender who cannot defend,who is going to do the attacking and general midfield play for the midfield player who should be doing that job.Should we play Remy wide-ish left to do Jonas's midfield job.This farcical situation is all down to Pardew.

PARDEW OUT

Wot d'ye think aboot this like?

Put Santon on the bench to give him a wake-up call.

Put Dummet in, he can always be taken off.

Put Mbiwa on the bench to give him a wake-up call if Saylors fit.

Put Saylor in if he's fit, he can always be taken off.

Put Sissoko on the bench to give him a wake-up call.

Put Cabaye in, he always gets taken off anyway.

Put Sissy on the bench again, he needs to wake up!!

Put Gouffran in again.

Put BenArfa in again, but back on the right or in the middle.

Put Anita in again.

Put Debuchy in again.

Put Colo in again.

Put Krull in again.

Put Remy in again but not in the middle.

Put Tiote in again.

If we're going back down the road of using Jonas to help a defender who cannot defend,who is going to do the attacking and general midfield play for the midfield player who should be doing that job.Should we play Remy wide-ish left to do Jonas's midfield job.This farcical situation is all down to Pardew.

PARDEW OUT

I was joking about Jonas. :)

We can second guess formations etc til the cows come home however with most players looking at their lowest and a manager who seems to have no answers, nothing much is going to change.

The players won't sort themselves out and Ashleys going nowhere. The only hope to avoid relegation IMO is a fresh manager who can somehow motivate and gel a group of supposedly decent players.

We can second guess formations etc til the cows come home however with most players looking at their lowest and a manager who seems to have no answers, nothing much is going to change.

The players won't sort themselves out and Ashleys going nowhere. The only hope to avoid relegation IMO is a fresh manager who can somehow motivate and gel a group of supposedly decent players.

Will Colo play like a cunt in every game then?...the defence is a concern, am not disputing that, but we almost certainly have enough to stay in the division. Regular twattings last season didnt send us down. Which Ashley is happy with. So I think you're hoping for something thats unlikely to happen.

Tom, do you reckon that's the reason they switched ben arfa? I assumed it was because gouffran would be more effective at tracking baines where as coleman is'nt as much a threat. Funny how people read into things differently. You could well be right though

Fucking hell, has it come to pinning our hopes on the Fenham Pele?

I was also joking about Shola, although what other options have we up top. Remy and Gouffran are both better coming in from wide positions. At least with Shola he might hold the odd ball up and the others can play off him.

Will Colo play like a cunt in every game then?...the defence is a concern, am not disputing that, but we almost certainly have enough to stay in the division. Regular twattings last season didnt send us down. Which Ashley is happy with. So I think you're hoping for something thats unlikely to happen.

I'm not as confident as you. This seems to have all the ingredients for a relegation season so far. The lack of effort and disinterest seems all too familiar.

I'm not as confident as you. This seems to have all the ingredients for a relegation season so far. The lack of effort and disinterest seems all too familiar.

The only way Pardew will come close to a sacking before christmas is if we get humped in the derby. That is possible tbh. At that point I would lose any confidence I may cling on to at the moment. If that were to happen, who would be worse Kinnear or Pulis??!! :o

Edited by PaddockLad

The only way Pardew will come close to a sacking before christmas is if we get humped in the derby. That is possible tbh. At that point I would lose any confidence I may cling on to at the moment. If that were to happen, who would be worse Kinnear or Pulis??!! :o

Does an international break follow the Cardiff game? If so I think a bad result against Cardiff will see him off.

I totally agree with you about it being a worry who comes next, but at the moment I think it's the only changeable that will give us a chance.

Does an international break follow the Cardiff game? If so I think a bad result against Cardiff will see him off.

I totally agree with you about it being a worry who comes next, but at the moment I think it's the only changeable that will give us a chance.

Pardew is better than both of them though. I cant beleive anyone would want Kinnear or Pulis over him. Ashley was left with Hughton, and KK walked out on him. He also appointed Pardew who I assume you now think was a poor appointment? You can't sit there and say "change the manager" because he's proven to be fuckin useless at it. I'd love a new manager but you can't fuckin trust Ashley to get an upgrade on Pardew. Its Ashley thats the problem and calling for Pardew's head is fuckin pointless iyam.