Cardiff - Newcastle

Aeris

Don't think we were as bad as some are suggesting in the second half.

For all of the pressure, Cardiff struggled to create any meaningful chances. With better finishing, we could have put it to bed on the counter attack a couple of times.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue that we only started doing that after they scored and became more assertive, but I'll defer to your presumably greater knowledge. Either way, I just made £60 out of this game so I'm happy to be wrong!

Fair play :)I wasnt sayin i had more knowledge, didnt mean it like that, just when you play the game you see traits. Thing is mate, Pardew has done this in almost every game we have lead into half time.

Fair play :) I wasnt sayin i had more knowledge, didnt mean it like that, just when you play the game you see traits. Thing is mate, Pardew has done this in almost every game we have lead into half time.

I know what you're saying :) I think I just thought that we didn't look AS bad as we have done previously in one of our patented collapses. I agree that it looks a lot like the other times we've thrown games away, I think I'm just desperately scrambling for signs of improvement!

No. You are wrong. Its obvious to see that, especially if youve even played the game, we pulled everyone back into our half and played on the counter. Why sit back? Why let them come onto you?

jfk, I was going to be nice about it, but you are a clueless fucking cunt. pretty much everything you have said post match is wrong.

do you even realise there's 2 teams on the pitch? this is a tough league and very few outside the top 4 are going to dominate an entire 90 minutes.

and it's quite clear to anyone with half a brain that we didn't set our stall out to defend in the second half.

Edited by to dumb

I'll take the 3 points gratefully.

We deserved to win it but only by our first half display.

Second half was nail-biting and when they scored from Willo's fuck-up I thought we were going to throw it away.

Why Pardew took Remy the goal-scorer off and not Cisse, I'll never know.

Gouffran was nowhere near as good as he was last week.

Pardew should have brought BenArfa on for more than 5 minutes.

Was surprised to see Jonas make an entry.

Tiote had a much better game.

Agree with all that

jfk, I was going to be nice about it, but you are a clueless fucking cunt. pretty much everything you have said post match is wrong.

do you even realise there's 2 teams on the pitch? this is a tough league and very few outside the top 4 are going to dominate an entire 90 minutes.

and it's quite clear to anyone with half a brain that we didn't set our stall out to defend in the second half.

:lol: Are you serious? To Dumb indeed. Dear me :lol:Of course we set up to sit back and hit them on the counter in the second half man.

dumb enough not to think I know everything(which is pretty thick), so I can actually learn from my mistakes.

Edited by to dumb

I'll take the 3 points gratefully.

We deserved to win it but only by our first half display.

Second half was nail-biting and when they scored from Willo's fuck-up I thought we were going to throw it away.

Why Pardew took Remy the goal-scorer off and not Cisse, I'll never know.

Gouffran was nowhere near as good as he was last week.

Pardew should have brought BenArfa on for more than 5 minutes.

Was surprised to see Jonas make an entry.

Tiote had a much better game.

Remy was injured. :up:

:lol: Are you serious? To Dumb indeed. Dear me :lol:Of course we set up to sit back and hit them on the counter in the second half man.

Tree

Shrub Pot Shrub

Bush Tree Shrub Pot Bonsai

Hanging Basket

Water Feature

?

I think we need to drop Cisse - who offered very little again and I think we need to replace Santon with Dummett - whilst Santon is a better player I think he needs a boot up the arse and he needs to work on his fitness too.

Cardiff we putting everything down the right wing & without ever causing us major drama it's obviously seen as a weakness which is why Jonas was brought in I suppose for a little bit of experience, to calm it down and he did at times but it wasn't easy. If our left flank is seen as a weakness we need to move to make it stronger and I think Dummett at left back would be a more sensible decision than bringing Jonas into the midfield and losing some attacking threat.

Obviously I rate Santon - but if he's being targeted it'll be better to give them somebody else to think about. Sometimes you've got to think about the system rather than playing your best players.

Oh and I'd also agree with Aeris's 3-5-2 or something similar but I don't think it's something that Pardew has in his locker. You couldn't get away with it 10 years ago but I think these days - with 4231 being the default - 352 or a variant might be a little more effective.

We did pretty well in the end. Cardiff were always going to come out better than they were first half. Apart for a short period after they scored we were never really under the cosh, despite them having more of the ball. I would have liked to see us go on and turn them over but happy with a well fought 3 points and a good result ahead of some tricky fixtures.

No. You are wrong.

Its obvious to see that, especially if youve even played the game, we pulled everyone back into our half and played on the counter. Why sit back? Why let them come onto you?

Why post here when you still owe the SBR foundation money?

£50

Which not only did he not pay, but a number of TT posters stepped in and made up the theft to the SBR foundation.

So how he has the brass neck to show his face here at all I do not know.

Very important result there thanks to two wonderful Remy goals. At this rate it will be devestating when he heads back to London at the end of the season.

For all his limitations Williamson has handled himself well in the last two games. His height and header winning ability is a clear advantage when he's on the pitch.

Apart from the airshot that led to their goal aye....

I was out of the room for their goal. Evidently I have to take that all back!

Remy is looking very good, should have made more of an effort to get him the first time round. Cissé on the other hand... if there was ever a need to shift a pile of shite off the books he's certainly making a good case for it.