Cardiff - Newcastle

Aeris

Remy is looking very good, should have made more of an effort to get him the first time round. Cissé on the other hand... if there was ever a need to shift a pile of shite off the books he's certainly making a good case for it.

are you joking?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remy is looking very good, should have made more of an effort to get him the first time round. Cissé on the other hand... if there was ever a need to shift a pile of shite off the books he's certainly making a good case for it.

If only Ashley played him on Fifa.

Santon and Sissoko were the frustrating ones for me today. Both missed plenty of simple passes. Santon caught out of position a fair few times too, as usual. Still funny though how some people have had a dig at Debuchy and not him, because I didnt see Debuchy do much wrong today.

Cisse was better on the whole, worked harder and the hold up play was a bit better. Just wish he would find a premiership goal from somewhere. Lucky for us Remy is banging them in at the moment.

After watching motd and thinking about it, we ended up being fairly comfortable in the second half. Despite them having more possession we had most of the better chances.

Remy looks a class act and Cabaye seems to be right back at it this season. Just wish the likes of Sissoko, Tiote and Debuchy could find some level of consistency in their games because they could all be good players for us.

Regardless of how Cardiff have started (as newly promoted sides often do) this should always have been about going for the three points and attacking them and imposing ourselves on them which we did incredibly well for the first 45min...It's beginning to look like Remy could be one of the best forwards in the league (skating in from deeper position on the left) and I hope we have another go at getting him at the end of the season.

The problem with Cisse now is that he's really short of confidence and belief and ideally should be dropped for a few games, but we don't have another striker that plays there naturally (bar Shamblerobi)..Remy and Goofy like slightly deeper starting postions.

Both fullbacks are still concerns and Santon (got told off by Williamson) might be tried at RB and Dummett coming in at left back (he's got pace and imo more defensive instincts). Although Santon and Debbie would be much wilder and move to the center of the dancefloor in a 352 ala Martinez who's remixes were sometimes wonderful last season. Sissoko and Tiote both looked stronger and more alert and Tiote might be coming back to his best if he keeps it up. Gouffran was everywhere again and plays with the confidence of a player who is three times better than he actually is - love his enthusiasm and work rate. He's a kind of Remy lite. A steal at 1m.

Mapou isn't a concern for me as he's still bedding down in this league and will have one or two bad games, over the medium term I think he's been a good purchase and will only get better.

It was a shame Hatem was only given 5min as he's the type of player that has it in his heart to prove people wrong. Would have given him 20min.

Pardew hinted that the def is an ongoing concern but in that way that they forget their duties. Think we still need an experienced big beefy CD which would give Mapou time to develop naturally with 15 or so games a season, it is still very early days for him compared to the pedestrian frog league.

Welcome 3pts...Pards did alright and continues his attacking motif backed up on ocassion by rainbow laces and maverick ties.

Happy with the 3 points and first half performance but absolutely fuckin sick of seeing us sit back in the second half man. Pardew just doesnt fuckin learn does he? We were lucky in the end to escape with the win, on the balance of play Cardiff deserved the draw. We were awful second half. Debuchy is not better than Simpson. Williamson is still shit. Cisse has lost the plot.

I don't think he did set us up for that, we came out strongly at the start of the second half. I honestly think we're just psychologically a bit weak and perhaps panic a bit. Something to work on probably, off the back of building confidence when we successfully do see the game out.

Apart from the airshot that led to their goal aye....

Tom's post referring to Willo's hesitation in the lead up to Cardiff's goal, which he, and in a roundabout way Rayvin, have correctly idenetified as the pivotal point of the match; a split second's lack of concentration at this level can be very costly. Not to have a go at Willo, apart from that he was great yesterday. But as Ray says, we came out after half time completely motivated and applied ourselves very well until the precise moment of Willo's failure to get anything on the ball when it was there to be won.Honestly, we were all over them until that point of the second half. We then appeared to almost physically and mentally shrink out of the game for 10-15mins after the Cardiff goal. Again, iyam Ray is right in identifying this as our major weakness rather than how good the players are or how they are set up.

Cisse and Gouffran worked their socks off, wouldnt drop Cisse, all he needs is a goal and the longer Shola is away from the team the better, especially as it looks like Willo is back for a run in the team. Cardiff and their fans very friendly, was in Canton RFC before and after, good crack. Apparently there were posters saying thanks to us lot for travelling 350+ miles to the game and we had a sing song at half time with these lads:

WP_000471_zpsde03ce48.jpg

They gave us two choruses of "The Blaydon Races", much to the annoyance of some of the more "hawkish" elements of the Cardiff support :lol:

Regardless of how Cardiff have started (as newly promoted sides often do) this should always have been about going for the three points and attacking them and imposing ourselves on them which we did incredibly well for the first 45min...It's beginning to look like Remy could be one of the best forwards in the league (skating in from deeper position on the left) and I hope we have another go at getting him at the end of the season.

The problem with Cisse now is that he's really short of confidence and belief and ideally should be dropped for a few games, but we don't have another striker that plays there naturally (bar Shamblerobi)..Remy and Goofy like slightly deeper starting postions.

Both fullbacks are still concerns and Santon (got told off by Williamson) might be tried at RB and Dummett coming in at left back (he's got pace and imo more defensive instincts). Although Santon and Debbie would be much wilder and move to the center of the dancefloor in a 352 ala Martinez who's remixes were sometimes wonderful last season. Sissoko and Tiote both looked stronger and more alert and Tiote might be coming back to his best if he keeps it up. Gouffran was everywhere again and plays with the confidence of a player who is three times better than he actually is - love his enthusiasm and work rate. He's a kind of Remy lite. A steal at 1m.

Mapou isn't a concern for me as he's still bedding down in this league and will have one or two bad games, over the medium term I think he's been a good purchase and will only get better.

It was a shame Hatem was only given 5min as he's the type of player that has it in his heart to prove people wrong. Would have given him 20min.

Pardew hinted that the def is an ongoing concern but in that way that they forget their duties. Think we still need an experienced big beefy CD which would give Mapou time to develop naturally with 15 or so games a season, it is still very early days for him compared to the pedestrian frog league.

Welcome 3pts...Pards did alright and continues his attacking motif backed up on ocassion by rainbow laces and maverick ties.

Well said. Spot on about Mapou, Gouffran and Ben Arfa.

Liverpool is going to be a huge test. Their free flowing attack with both Sturridge and Suarez in form is going to prove a real tester for the any defensive improvements we may try to make during the next couple of weeks. Although having said dont we already spend the majority of training on defence?

Don't care as long as he puts the ball in the back of the net for us.

I'm pretty sure he's a twat but I can live with that as long as he doesn't get sent down.

Your Avatar :lol: