So what do you think ?

trooper

My worry is that eventually this side will have to be broken up, and I cannot see us getting any money whatsoever from tubs to rebuild.

I can only see a long, crumbling and painful demise at the gross and corpulant hands of baron greenback.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't forget things either so remember who put us there in the first place.

proper geordies remember how bad things can really get, even if they weren't born yet.

After last season and our start it's a meh sort of season for me. Hopes risen at Villa, dashed at Hull and all overshadowed by a poor manager and some very poor individual performances.

The team is not the sum of its parts or something.

Is HBA's future on the bench?

Will Cisse get the couple of goals he needs?

What about Santon?

It's all a bit all over the place, all a bit wishy washy.

Another nothing season where I'll enjoy the wins but constantly fear the drop zone.

I think I'll only be bothered if we look like getting relegated. Otherwise it's a meh from me too......we have the feel of a club meandering along, happy with mediocrity....

There isn't a single easy game in the division to be honest. Even Sunderland have started playing.

You're right, more so than ever. West Brom winning at OT, West Ham winning at Spurs. Fewer goals than ever before.

It's a cliche, but every game is difficult, nobody bosses games for 90 mins and no team is going to run away with the league.

If we'd won those two games we'd be third!!

Don't see West Ham as dropped points after how they played yesterday at Spurs.

Only poor result this season is Hull tbh. Which is not that positive since it suggests more poor results will come.

Home form seems to be shite so far which is consistent with back end of last season.

You're right, more so than ever. West Brom winning at OT, West Ham winning at Spurs. Fewer goals than ever before.

It's a cliche, but every game is difficult, nobody bosses games for 90 mins and no team is going to run away with the league.

You'd be amazed at the amount of Newcastle fans who don't understand you can't boss a game for 90 minutes.

Or I suppose it's once in a blue moon that you do.

Aye, thats why i said 'after' yesterday.

Interestingly, their only bad result of the season was against Hull too. Held Soton and us on the road and now beaten Spurs. Its not a bad away record tbf.

With only 4 away games, 1 win against a top 4 contender and 2 draws against us and Soton who are playing excellent football, (Soton) i dont think logic allows you to dismiss the developing context you were missing when you formed your opinion on that result. If they continue to play amazing away from home, eventually you become wrong.

I think a draw would have been a fair result against Hull - but general play seldom accounts for goals like their third - which was a worldy.

Regards West Ham - everyone knows they are a hard team to beat home away - not because they are going to score three goals like yesterday but they are a bastard to break down. I think Remy may have won us that game if he was available.

You'd be amazed at the amount of Newcastle fans who don't understand you can't boss a game for 90 minutes.

Or I suppose it's once in a blue moon that you do.

That's because that's what we've enjoyed in the past (at times).

As far as the trend, I think it's probably to do with the vast amounts being spent on forwards and a smaller investment in defenders. Every team now has some players capable of creating chances.

The ease at which Sunderland were able to dictate play (and create good chances) against ManU on Saturday night was a case in point.

I think we'll get another thread after the next five games, stating we're knackered and definitely going to be relegated.

Premier League -- Liv (H)---------Sat 19 Oct 12:45
Premier League -- Sun (A) --------Sun 27 Oct 13:30
LCup - 4th Rnd -- M. City (H)----Wed 30 Oct 19:45
November 2013
Premier League -- Che (H)--------Sat 2 Nov 12:45
Premier League -- Tot (A)----------Sun 10 Nov 12:00

I'm not expecting much from these as:

• while we often do well against Liverpool at St James' they are on fire at the moment,
  • the derby is the derby and you can't predict anything,
  • though the cup doesn't matter in terms of points it would have been useful to meet a Burnley or whomever just to build some momentum,
  • Chelsea aren't firing on all cylinders, but they're still winning comfortably and
  • Spurs are much better outfit and we don't even benefit from them returning from a 2800 mile round trip to Moldova.

We could very well still be sitting on 10pts come the middle of November and sunderland have 3 winnable games, which would take them to 10pts themselves.

I'll be able to say if I'm content or not with the season so far when January window opens...

I think we'll get another thread after the next five games, stating we're knackered and definitely going to be relegated.

Premier League -- Liv (H)---------Sat 19 Oct 12:45

Premier League -- Sun (A) --------Sun 27 Oct 13:30

LCup - 4th Rnd -- M. City (H)----Wed 30 Oct 19:45

November 2013

Premier League -- Che (H)--------Sat 2 Nov 12:45

Premier League -- Tot (A)----------Sun 10 Nov 12:00

I'm not expecting much from these as:

• while we often do well against Liverpool at St James' they are on fire at the moment,
  • the derby is the derby and you can't predict anything,
  • though the cup doesn't matter in terms of points it would have been useful to meet a Burnley or whomever just to build some momentum,
  • Chelsea aren't firing on all cylinders, but they're still winning comfortably and
  • Spurs are much better outfit and we don't even benefit from them returning from a 2800 mile round trip to Moldova.

We could very well still be sitting on 10pts come the middle of November and sunderland have 3 winnable games, which would take them to 10pts themselves.

I'll be able to say if I'm content or not with the season so far when January window opens...

Can you see him spending in January if we're mid table? I can't see him putting his hand in his pocket unless we're about 15/16th.

Edited by trooper

Can you see him spending in January if we're mid table? I can't see him putting his hand in his pocket unless we're about 15/16th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of new faces (hopefully Remy) even if we're comfortable in midtable. They're likely to be of the Anita/Bigi category, rather than the Cabaye/Ben Arfa trouser-tenting variety.

Targets will be 6 months closer to the end of their contract.

Aye, thats why i said 'after' yesterday.

Interestingly, their only bad result of the season was against Hull too. Held Soton and us on the road and now beaten Spurs. Its not a bad away record tbf.

With only 4 away games, 1 win against a top 4 contender and 2 draws against us and Soton who are playing excellent football, (Soton) i dont think logic allows you to dismiss the developing context you were missing when you formed your opinion on that result. If they continue to play amazing away from home, eventually you become wrong.

If they carry on through the season getting good results away from home then I suppose you could say it was a decent enough result but I can't see that happenig personally. I would also say that they looked fucking awfull at our place and regardless of their form in other games we should have been beating a team who played to that standard on that day.

When the season looked like it was ending in mediocrity I used to take solace in saying "Fuck this season, lets look forward to next". Can't do that with Ashley in charge, it's like buying icecream and spooning tons of vanilla into your mouth, hoping for a choc chip every now and then, but also occasionally having to choke down a dog egg.

I think it's more like playing a crooked fairground game (bit of a tautology there) where they tell you before hand you won't enjoy it and won't win anything but you keep handing over your cash cos you remember how much you used to love it.

Like a Star Wars movie? You know it won't be as good as it used to be, the players aren't as good, the direction is shit, occassionally there's a good action sequence, but there's too much Joe Joe Binks and not enough Hatem Solo & ChewBarfa?

Like a Star Wars movie? You know it won't be as good as it used to be, the players aren't as good, the direction is shit, occassionally there's a good action sequence, but there's too much Joe Joe Binks and not enough Hatem Solo & ChewBarfa?

You are such a cunt. :lol:

You are such a cunt. :lol:

:lol: I'm not even embarrassed

(I was tempted by Tiote-ine, Llambias Calrissian, Leia Remy, Anita Skywalker...)

I've never felt so emotionally uninvested in the club in a long time. If anything bad or good happens I just don't feel arsed about it, I just wait for the next bout of bad news to happen.

Pretty much sums it up. We will never push for Europe on a consistent basis again while that joker owns the club so a few wins and mid table mediocrity is the best we can hope for, while clubs around us push on with investment.