mackems vs Newcastle United

Brock Manson

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anita for Sissoko for me.

I would kinda agree with this, Sissoko just hasnt looked confident at all recently and has been a passenger, alot like Cisse has been for us. Although it might be a tough call to switch it for this game, I think Anita should be feeling hard done by being dropped when he's been in the better form between him and Sissoko.

If we play a fluid 3 up top of Ben Arfa - Remy - Gouffran and have them interchange positions at points during the game it could trouble their back 4. Their CB's are slow and I think Celustka is their only natural full back. We should maul them going forward. Let's go there and attack them and get the fans on their back, because if we try to be solid and not get beat we're asking them to beat us, as it'll be hard to keep a clean sheet with Willo and whoever is in for Colo and Mbiwa.

Start Ben Arfa in the middle again, but switch him after five minutes to the right. Although he wasn't great against Liverpool early in he game he pulled them out of position, contributing to the space out other players were enjoying.

http://moderndaydoilum.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/mackems-and-sunderland-afc/

Mackems and Sunderland AFC

I worked in Sunderland for nearly four years so I know how the mackem brain works. Now I’m not arrogant or bigoted enough to deny there are some canny mackems. There definitely are, even though they are in short supply. The main problem mackems have as a collective group of people is their obsession with Newcastle upon Tyne and for most of them Newcastle United as well. We have arseholes on our side it’s undeniable, but with Sunderland it is borderline unbelievable. I used to work with this bloke who we’ll call Jim Scott (his initials are JS). He was from a place called Ryhope, THE most boring cunt I’ve ever known, never had a wife or a girlfriend in all of his life, so at 48 year old he fucked off to some far flung Asian country, and came back with a 4ft11 wife who couldn’t speak a word of English. Now for me that is my abiding memory of working there. He summed the vast majority of them up, he came out with this once, “Suuuunlun is a more important playuss than Newwwwcassul”, “aye how’s that John?”, “well there TWO UNDRUD AND EYUTEA thousand pea-pul in Sunlun, and there’s oahnley two undred un sixtea in Newwwwwwwwcassul.” That was his argument. At the time the City of Sunderland had a slightly bigger population than Newcastle upon Tyne, so it was a more important better known place nationally. Ironically enough they can’t even say that now, but to feel so inferior to come out with something like that is just staggering, and he was too thick to see it. The biggest problem Sunderland will ever and has ever had as a place, is Newcastle, and their inability to just get on with it and make the best of what they have without envy.

Everton fans are often called bitter blues because of the fact that the red dippers claim, the blue ones are more obsessed with Liverpool failing than their own team doing well. Personally I think that’s a load of bollocks. However, I can say with sincerity a significant majority of Sunderland fans are happier when we fail big time, than when their own team do well. This picture confirms it for me.

Look at that picture. That is 10 seconds after their tannoy bloke has told them Newcastle have been relegated in 2009. Look at them, when have you ever seen a mackem end celebrate so hysterically (other than when they score against us). It’s FUCKIN PATHETIC YOU SAD MACKEM CUNTS! Look at the old fella, so happy he looks like he’s going to start crying. Probably been bullied for having a shit accent while pilfering one of our jobs on the Tyne in the 80′s no doubt. The only surprising thing about this picture is the fact there is a genuinely good looking mackem lass stood there near the front. Probably from South Tyneside to be fair. Me personally, although I pity mackems I never want them to go down because I’d rather play Sunderland at St James’ Park once a year than your Fulham’s or Wigan’s.

I remember when Paul Bracewell signed for us from Sunderland in 1992, on the Tyne Tees evening news they were interviewing Sunderland fans, this fat ginger bloke came out with “e’s went from beegur cloob tiv a smarla cloob.”. The bloke had a straight face as well. The mackems often use 1992 as being “the year Keygun cayum and the mag re-lized that ‘ad a footbarll cloob”. You’ll often see mackems saying Newcastle United founded 1992. That’s all fine but the fact is in the previous 12 years, Newcastle were better supported in eleven of them, so if Newcastle were founded in 1992, have Sunderland yet to be founded? Sunderland’s largest average gate between 1982 and 1996 was 21,000. Our largest average gate between 1982 and 1989 was 29,810 in 1984. From that era their gates went up from 21,000 ave (at best) to 47,000 in 2002, difference of 26,000 whereas wors went from a high of 30,000 to 52,000 in 2001, a difference of 22,000. So Sunderland found more new fans than we did you cliched mackem doilums. On top of that we didn’t have to send letters to schools in mackem heartlands like Hexham, Berwick and Amble inviting 7,000 school kids every week for a quid.

There should be something done about their accent as well. It’s a big place Sunderland, nearly 1% of England’s population is a mackem, yet successful mackems are few and far between. Kate Adie is probably the most famous in the last 100 years. The fact is no one has a good chance of making it big with a mackem mentality/accent. That is a fact. I’m not saying it to be controversial neither. It truly is Loserville. It has the lowest life expectancy in Western Europe as a city over 250,000, it’s an embarrassment on human nature. Something should be done, because they should grow up with the same chances as everyone else but they’re drawn in to a world of depression, mediocrity and ill health.

My main point is this. Sunderland as a City is the biggest failure of a place in Europe, in America on a much large scale Detroit is the same, and apparently they have the same crime/alcohol/drug problems the mackems have. It’s a downtrodden hovel with the lowest life expectancy in the UK, where 80% of its’ population smoke, where its’ Champs Elysee is Fawcett Street (pictured above with it’s Harrods aka Wilkinsons) and it’s no better than Shields Road without even taking the piss.

It’s not our fault mackems are backward, it’s not our fault their city is a shithole (even though the ones who admit it is a shithole blame us), it’s not our fault their football club have been in the top 10 only three times in the last 63 years. The only way I can ever see the City of Sunderland improving, and in particular the football club, is if they stop obsessing about us. Sunderland should be a biggish club. How many clubs in the country have a better/bigger support than the mackems? Eight? Nine max. Yet they fail every season and I can’t help feel for a club who have only played FOUR European games ever, they are held back because of the toon. Newcastle United are a failure in that there are so many reasons why we should be challenging for trophies every single season, yet we don’t, so we fail. That is one thing, but the very essence of Sunderland, the true height of their supports ambition is to be better than we are. They can deny it but it’s true. How depressing it must be when the absolute ceiling of your ambitions is to be better than a failure. They can deny everything I’ve written but they know every word of it is true and so does any geordie who’s had the misfortune to spend as long as I did there.

Anyway I think we’ll win 3-1, they’re absolutely shite and if Pardew can’t exploit their weaknesses he wantslocking up.

I will add if we don't beat these the Liverpool, Cardiff and Villa games were a waste of time. You even have mackems comparing this side unfavourably with their 15 point relegation team. All out attack from the start and we should win comfortably. We may not, it is a derby game, but what a desperate side. Their best player Fletcher can't even run he's so slow.

I'd switch Remy and Gouffran around. As you say Gouffran tracks back very well and Remy is more of a threat up front.

Based on what? He's scored all of his goals for us on the left.

Based on what? He's scored all of his goals for us on the left.

Based on what I've seen of both players, Remy is a better striker, more clinical finisher than Gouffran. That's what I meant. Gouffran up front can be a bit of a waste as he's a good two-way player with great work rate.

The makems will double up on HBA so if selected he needs to release the ball as soon as they are about to crowd him out.If he gets the ball quickly to Cabaye we can stretch them.My main worry is how easy the red and white filth go to ground.Altidore is the biggest culprit so if Taylor is picked i expect a few free kicks to be given to the makems on the edge of the box.

...if Taylor is picked i expect a few free kicks to be given to the makems on the edge of the box.

Steven Taylor is apparently out with a hamstring injury. Just waiting for it to be officially confirmed, but don't be surprised if Dummett and Williamson line up in the middle of defence.

Steven Taylor is apparently out with a hamstring injury. Just waiting for it to be officially confirmed, but don't be surprised if Dummett and Williamson line up in the middle of defence.

That would be the selection on merit in any event.

Can anyone explain choosing Anita over Sissoko?

Normal people slate Pardew for being ''negative'' & I can't understand the logic of playing two naturally defensive players - which will leave Cabaye isolated - away from home where we are going to need to play on the break against a physical Sunderland team. He'll intercept, win tackles & clear loose balls etc but so far this season he's offered nothing going forward & I don't really expect that to change soon - especially with his role in the side generally being the same as Tiote's - though I would say Tiote plays deeper.

Personally I would save him for the second half in case we need to play keep ball or calm it down - as that's what he's good at.

Just interested in hearing people's reasoning. :up:

Our defence, if Dummett and Williamson, is not what I would realistically consider PL quality. Both admirable players but one is young and inexperienced, and the other is Williamson. Yeah he's played well but he's a limited player, and I can recall him being culpable for conceding at least one goal so far (Cardiff?).

Therefore, maybe a more defensively minded midfield (Anita + Tiote with Cabaye further up) offers more protection. Unless you think I'm being overly respectful of Sunderland's attacking prowess?

Also, Pardew is more likely to want to avoid another 3-0 than he is to want to avenge it.

I think Dummett & Williamson will be decent enough again - if that's all we've got it'll have to do.

Sissoko generally offers decent protection anyway & with Tiote ahead of the back four & Cabaye marshalling the rest of the midfield Sissoko will naturally play between the two. Especially off Cabaye & the lads on the flanks.

I wouldn't write off Sunderland as an attacking force just yet but this season Pardew's mantra seems to be closer to ''Attack is the best form of defence' most of the time.

I do like Anita - & I think in time he'll eventually be regarded as a better player than Tiote - but only if he's taking his place not if he's parked ahead of him disrupting a simple enough system .

Fair points, I was more playing devil's advocate than anything else. I very much hope we line up with an offensive mindset as this is, on paper, the most winnable away game of the season (derby sentiment aside).

I also think that defeating Sunderland here would psychologically relegate them - Poyet would have to work very hard to overcome the effect on his team.

Anyway, that aside I agree about Anita - seems to be improving as a player and is a reliable backup to Tiote. Does he have the physicality to replace him though? I know we all agree Tiote could be a little less physical, but even so...

Well I the past few games 7 or so he's played Tiote hasn't received a booking - so whether that's down to being less physical or more experienced at exerting his physicality in a fair manner I don't know.

I would say that I think Anita is less limited than Tiote & of a higher pedigree but that said - if Tiote plays his role to a high standard the limitations become irrelevant because it's a very important role. :up:

I think Anita is certainly capable of the Hollywood balls Tiote fails miserably at mind.

Well I the past few games 7 or so he's played Tiote hasn't received a booking - so whether that's down to being less physical or more experienced at exerting his physicality in a fair manner I don't know.

I would say that I think Anita is less limited than Tiote & of a higher pedigree but that said - if Tiote plays his role to a high standard the limitations become irrelevant because it's a very important role. :up:

I think Anita is certainly capable of the Hollywood balls Tiote fails miserably at mind.

Tiote's reigned in the rash tackles of late.

As for dropping Sissoko, I think his poor form of last season has continued into this in the games I've seen. Think that's why he was subbed first after the Mbiwa red card. Dunno if I'd play him, especially as Anita has done nowt wrong, but I guess he would be a better attacking option.

I wouldn't really say Sissoko has been poor at all - versus expectations yes, perhaps, but he's a fairly functional footballer even when he's not having one of those Yaya Toure days. I think he does a lot that gets missed as it's so uniform.

That said - as mentioned - regardless of Sissoko's form - within reason obviously - Anita is not the man to plug that gap. (in my opinion).