US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that Farage has gone out to the States to proclaim the liberating virtues of Brexit at a Trump rally? :lol: Apparently 8/10 of the audience had no idea who he was or what Brexit was about. What on earth is the point in getting him up there, you have to wonder.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/24/nigel-farage-donald-trump-rally-hillary-clinton

Trump: “And I ask you this, I ask you this – crime, all of the problems – to the African Americans, who I employ so many, so many people, to the Hispanics, tremendous people: what the hell do you have to lose?”

[emoji38] Tremendous people. Los pueblos tremendoso.

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Trump has a two-point edge over Hillary Clinton in the latest CNN/ORC national survey of likely voters out Tuesday, as the Democratic nominee's post-convention lead has largely evaporated.

Among those likely to vote in two months, Trump took 45 percent to Clinton's 43 percent

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/poll-trump-clinton-who-is-winning-227751#ixzz4JTR5xVog

Not sure how big a story the Clinton Foundation stuff has been, but I assume it's been pushed as strongly as Benghazi and her personal email server containing top secret messages.  The Saudi regime donating $25m to a foundation supposedly there to win rights for women and HIV research hardly rings true and lots of damaging stories have appeared about the extent of the quid pro quo nature of these donations.  

The Clinton campaign haven't handled the accusations well either.  Any critics have just been smeared as useful idiots for Putin who they've blamed for everything, going back to the other major embarrassment in the contest against Sanders where leaked Clinton Campaign emails show they sought to use friendly reporters to spread lies about him and question his faith.

It's only served to reinforce what Trump has said from day 1 about "crooked Hilary".

Shouting "The Russians are coming" does nothing to quell the very real criticism and only opens them up to further ridicule as McCarthyite scaremongerers.

Good grief... I mean, it totally maps to my understanding of how Hillary operates but even so, dismal to read. I think I read that the email stuff was going to be released the day before the election as well? I'm guessing that isn't going to do her any favours.

What if he wins?