What brand of tea do you drink

Christmas Tree

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tetley for me. I LOVE a cup of tea. Get up and make a cuppa as soon as I wake in the morning and take it back to bed, and make one as soon as I get home from work in the morning. Only ever drink coffee at work though cos I think I associate drinking tea with relaxing and that's never the case at work.

Strong, one sweetener and just a drop of milk if anyone is making :)

Brought some great lemongrass tea back from Thailand earlier in the year. Haven't had a cup like it since. Absolutely lush.

Have black Twinings English Breakfast with a tiny bit of honey in usually.

Edited by ADP

Depends. Twinings English Breakfast mostly, I do like Yorkshire (and their hard-water variety is a must down here if you can't be arsed to Britta filter the water pre-kettle), when I'm out I don't ask for the brand of tea, but usually I'll drink English Breakfast until early evening, when I'll switch to Earl Grey. We do have a few of the more smokey varieties at home, but I rarely go for those when out.

Green Tea is excellent on a hangover, or just when you're feeling down.

Meenzer is right though, so many things can affect a tea that if I were at home and my Dad offered me a cup of Ringtons tea, I'd probably hang fire until my Mam offered half an hour later.

He's just to quick to whip the bag out; doesn't let the fucking thing brew. smh

That's why your Mam loves him.

:lol:

My kettle can heat to 70, 80, 90 or 100 degrees. Absolutely essential if you're drinking green tea, as making it with boiling water makes it bitter as fuck.

And yes, I do sound like a total arsehole.

My mate has a whistle-y kettle, he insists that it's best for Green Tea.

He made a very good argument at the time that I can't remember.

This addendum to your story was better in my head.

At the moment:

1706 (Twinings) in the morning to wake me up

Ceromonial grade Matcha (Vitalife) to get me through the day

Popcorn tea (Teapigs) as an afternoon treat

Gunpowder tea (Whittard) whenever really, lovely cup

Mao Feng throughout the day, favourite green tea

Jade Sword (Jing) when I want something refreshing

Yerba mate (Kraus) when I want a quick energy boost

Cinnamon yerba mate (Matte Lao) when I want something sweeter, occasionally add a bit of sugar to this too

Lapsang Souchong (Whittard) with a meal/lunch

Have whatever fruit teas I've got in the summer mainly.

Will start sourcing more teas/blends from China/Japan in the future rather than the likes of Twinings and Whittard.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Tetley for me. I LOVE a cup of tea. Get up and make a cuppa as soon as I wake in the morning and take it back to bed, and make one as soon as I get home from work in the morning. Only ever drink coffee at work though cos I think I associate drinking tea with relaxing and that's never the case at work.

Strong, one sweetener and just a drop of milk if anyone is making :)

Same as me, but Meenzer is right, it depends who makes it.

That's why your Mam loves him.

:lol:

If you want to do it right you need filtered water for tea. The water affects the flavour massively.

Definitely.

This has actually pushed me to google filter kettles, I wonder if this is Gemmil's?

http://www.harrods.com/product/smart-kettle/sage-heston-blumenthal/000000000003369980?cat1=new-home&cat2=new-home-kettles-and-toasters

Scrap that, this £180 Kettle is more Roboflop's speed

http://www.johnlewis.com/sage-by-heston-blumenthal-the-tea-maker-kettle-silver/p489169

The Tea Maker™ from Sage by Heston Blumenthal exudes elegance, high quality design and innovation.

This kettle will revolutinise the way you drink tea. To extract the most delicate flavours, different teas need to be steeped at different temperatures and for different times. A motorised basket automatically lowers tea leaves into and out of the water at precisely the right time.

It has fifteen pre-programmed settings, plus fully variable temperature, tea strengths and custom controls. It even has a programmable start feature so your tea will be ready for you when you wake up. The perfect cup of tea guaranteed for individual tastes.

With an ample 1.5L cord free jug, you can cater for friends and family easily.

You can even detach the tea basket and it becomes a variable temperature, glass kettle.

A push button and soft opening lid prevents hot water splatter for peace of mind. A LCD display keeps you updated at all times and a 60-minute keep warm function is ideal for entertaining or cooking purposes.

Christ.

Edited by The Fish

Definitely.

This has actually pushed me to google filter kettles, I wonder if this is Gemmil's?

http://www.harrods.com/product/smart-kettle/sage-heston-blumenthal/000000000003369980?cat1=new-home&cat2=new-home-kettles-and-toasters

Scrap that, this £180 Kettle is more Roboflop's speed

http://www.johnlewis.com/sage-by-heston-blumenthal-the-tea-maker-kettle-silver/p489169

Christ.

I don't have a filter kettle, just a Bosch with variable temperatures.

The justification for a £180 kettle built on the science of water temperature and optimum leaf steepage is rather undermined by the £120 toaster sitting alongside it which does seem to suggest it's style your paying for rather than substance.