What brand of tea do you drink

Christmas Tree

Don't think I've tried green. Is it a perfume type taste?

Once had a gorgeous Assam but could never find one in the shops that tasted as good.

Current tea is Twinnings Breakfast.

Tea-maker Twinings sparked controversy when in 2009 it told 286 Tyneside workers they would lose their jobs and work would move to a new factory in Poland.

Good lad, CT, you enjoy your cuppa!! :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a tea drinker (massive coffee drinker) but my wife drinks gallons of the stuff and claims to not be able to function without it. It also has to be Yorkshire Gold, no compromise. She even takes Yorkshire Gold on holiday with us. Whilst I'll sometimes bring home the rola-cola version of something we have to try and save money if I was to bring home a cheaper brand of tea she would probably kill me where I stood to be honest.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Anybody go with decaf for their evening cuppa? I wouldn't but the missus seems to think that caffeine makes it impossible for her to sleep.

Tea doesn't keep me up at all, which is a nightmare when I'm on night shifts as the caffeine really should help out.

To be honest, I find a really cold glass of water is better for keeping me awake.

I thought it was a myth too. Never has any stimulant affect on me like coffee does.

That's because most of the caffeine is thrown out with the teabag. Pound for pound, tea has more caffeine than coffee, you simply ingest a much smaller percentage of it from a teabag than from a spoonful of coffee.

Don't drink tea or coffee, all I drink is water (loads of it), lager and whisky.

similar to me, though i'd add wine to beer and whisky.

not a lover of tea at all, don't really get the national obsession with it - just slightly flavoured, milky hot water really. not pleasant.

coffee is one to add to the mix though. i don't drink those long milky latte bullshit drinks though. it's more about the effect from the caffeine than the enjoyment of the drink, for me - a double espresso is like an intravenous hit. i can't get going in the morning without a couple of them down my chops. it's like a line of gack for the workplace.

I'm very much on the side of the espresso nowadays. A regular cup of coffee I get bored with halfway through. Espresso is ideal for the palate with a short attention span and the nervous system with a desperate need for kicks.

I can't bear tea. I'm no great lover of coffee either but I could drink a cup if it's packed full of cream and sugar. :lol:

I'm drinking hot blackcurrant juice on arrival at work at the minute, to get the feeling back into my fingers.