Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Renton said:

it's just hilariously unworkable

Aye, whatever their version of it turned out to be would never work, because it needs nationalisation of community service providers on a large scale. 

I also said previously that I wouldn’t let the military anywhere near it, nor the NHS. 

:lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Let's be honest though, if its paid, who's paying for it? And the last thing the army, NHS or anyone else want is thousands of scrote charvers who don't want to be there filling their ranks. 

Anyway, it's just hilariously unworkable. Feels to me that Sunak is actively trying to throw this election. 

Sunak has just released a TikTok video saying that the volunteer teenagers could deliver prescriptions to the elderly in the community. 

Are we giving them CRB checks first or are they free to supplement their free labour by selling on the Morphine and wobbly eggs they're delivering :lol: 

It's so obvious they hadn't thought any of this through before 3 days ago!

• Haha 6

Fell down the Twitter rabbit hole on it last night. The use of "helping vulnerable people" as a justification got right on my tits. Has anyone asked these vulnerable people if the would want a stream of different kids coming and going from the main place they feel comfortable and safe?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Fell down the Twitter rabbit hole on it last night. The use of "helping vulnerable people" as a justification got right on my tits. Has anyone asked these vulnerable people if the would want a stream of different kids coming and going from the main place they feel comfortable and safe?

Some people will find the cloud in any silver lining. How about the fact that in a single stroke we can solve the nation’s social care problem? Who needs awful foreigners coming in to do the job when little Callum can call round once a month to nick Ethel’s pension money?

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Fyp

Potato, what a fat useless cunt. Same thing.

• Haha 2

I'm sure how they run election campaigns is totally different to how they run the country and they're far more professional at it.

Sarcastic Oc GIF

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

We were on our way to the MIL’s yesterday and two Labour canvassers crossed the road in front of us in well known sexual deviant Conor Burns constituency. I think they smell blood… 10.5k majority..  

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

BACON SANDWICH TIME! 

How it's done KK and Blair style....

• Like 3

I'm not a huge connoisseur of these things, but if any party has ever had a first week to a general election campaign worse than this, I'll be amazed. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not a huge connoisseur of these things, but if any party has ever had a first week to a general election campaign worse than this, I'll be amazed. 

R4 plus Laura will manage to spin something negative for labour to try and make out there's trouble at t'mill in both parties. :good:

• Like 1

The national service thing absolutely confuses me. It’s mad to me that the young people are being told about how great national service would be for them by a generation who never did national service nor fought in anyway wars but will have you believe that they stormed Normandy but in reality are living off their parents successes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StirlingNUFC said:

The national service thing absolutely confuses me. It’s mad to me that the young people are being told about how great national service would be for them by a generation who never did national service nor fought in anyway wars but will have you believe that they stormed Normandy but in reality are living off their parents successes. 

It is not even their parents. Grandparents at the very least.