Politics

Christmas Tree

Maybe Cameron wants to avoid taliking about doubling the national debt whilst trotting out a huge program of cuts and austerity..

http://info.moneyweek.com/urgent-bulletins/the-end-of-britain/?infinity=gaw%7EThe+End+of+Britain%2BUK%2BENG%2BINTRT%2BDISPL%7EBusiness+News%2BIMG%7E42516760629%7Eatrueindependentscotland.com%7Ec&code2_EI&gclid=CLmr6ILtlMQCFWvkwgod0WsAmA&mobile=1

Not sure how completely accurate all their figures are but I think the narrative is spot on. It would be nice to think that exposing this rank hypocrisy would sweep Labour into power but I don't think the cuts affect enough people in enough of the key seats in England. Yes, Labour left huge debts but they didn't pretend to do anything but spend. I worked on some great schemes back then, local dialysis units, new emergency service hubs etc. They were mostly pfi financed which is obviously a bad thing in the long term but these things all improved peoples lives and if the enormous tax haven known as the city of London paid their fair share it would all be eminently fuckin affordable too.

Honestly though, my hatred of all things Tory is visceral.

I was 11 when Thatcher got in, and witnessed the destruction she and her mob unleashed on this country with increasing dismay as I grew older.

The thing that I find most repellant about the cunts is that their default target is the "benefit scrounger" underclass- a thing that was largely nonexistent until their fucking policies took effect. They created the thing they hate most.

The greatest trick these fuckers ever pulled was getting working class people to vote for them to stop "these benefit scroungers".

If I find out someone has voted Tory, all bets are off regarding reasoned debate- you vote Tory, you are a cunt.

Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bigot

Reminds me of that lurker who signed up just to defend Thatcher. :lol:

God that was fucking irritating. Didn't Ant ban him in the end? Just to finally put the matter to rest.

Honestly though, my hatred of all things Tory is visceral.

I was 11 when Thatcher got in, and witnessed the destruction she and her mob unleashed on this country with increasing dismay as I grew older.

The thing that I find most repellant about the cunts is that their default target is the "benefit scrounger" underclass- a thing that was largely nonexistent until their fucking policies took effect. They created the thing they hate most.

The greatest trick these fuckers ever pulled was getting working class people to vote for them to stop "these benefit scroungers".

If I find out someone has voted Tory, all bets are off regarding reasoned debate- you vote Tory, you are a cunt.

Fist brings his A game.

Definitely correct about her creation of the under-class though. Along with, I would argue, the breakdown in social mindedness, and the rise of (destructive) individualism.

Edited by Rayvin

Annoying as the Tories blaming the previous government for the financial crisis is, it pales completely with them getting away with blaming them for creating "benefit culture" as if the 80s never happened.

I would honestly consider introducing a test before allowing people to vote covering the last 50 years of current affairs and basic economics.

Such a test would have my wholehearted support actually. It contravenes basic democratic principles I suppose, but the voter base needs to be informed if they're going to make decisions that affect everyone's lives.

Fist brings his A game.

:lol:

The way they did it too, man.

Sell off the housing stock, create sink estates full of the new underclass. Sell off the national industries, destroy the working class communities that they created.

Everyone becomes so preoccupied with paying the mortgage that it's " fuck you, I'm alright jack".

Genius.

:lol:

The way they did it too, man.

Sell off the housing stock, create sink estates full of the new underclass. Sell off the national industries, destroy the working class communities that they created.

Everyone becomes so preoccupied with paying the mortgage that it's " fuck you, I'm alright jack".

Genius.

Togetherness is an idea, it can't be washed away by the erasure of things and places. It lives on within us. It is a staple of the universe. :)

• 2 weeks later...