Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Renton said:

Corruption doesn't have negative consequences? 

People just swallow the narrative of an unprecedented situation and look at the bigger picture of us emerging well from the pandemic. I don't agree with corruption, I just think the left is out of touch on this. Read the room, like I say. 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Tories. That would be a great thing to attack them over. Not procuring ventilators in a national emergency

It want about procurement, quite the opposite. We had people who could make ventilators with proven track records, but they didn't fit the optics. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It want about procurement, quite the opposite. We had people who could make ventilators with proven track records, but they didn't fit the optics. 

OK Starmer is doing a fine job then. Why is he doing shit in the polls? Because everyone's a cunt? Right?

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

People just swallow the narrative of an unprecedented situation and look at the bigger picture of us emerging well from the pandemic. I don't agree with corruption, I just think the left is out of touch on this. Read the room, like I say. 

Okay, to an extent I agree, Labour have to be smart. But I think you're wrong on this point, you expose corruption and eventually some will stick. The interviews I've seen Johnson do on this he looks very uncomfortable and shifty as fuck. Maybe if only investigative journalists did their job better, we'd get somewhere. I am hoping though that Cummings will bury him. Would be a fitting end. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

OK Starmer is doing a fine job then. Why is he doing shit in the polls? Because everyone's a cunt? Right?

Because people don't care about corruption and lying in public life any more, not when it come to Johnson or his henchmen at least. I am sure people could write many a thesis why this is the case. I honestly don't know. 

We have to remember that electorate are mostly thick as fuck. Cummings accused Johnson of illegal behaviour. There was loads of debate on Newsnight last night about whether it will affect the government - and of course it won't. This government crippled the country for 10 years with austerity and won more votes for it!

It was always going to end like this with Cummings and I'm actually fairly surprised it's taken as long as it has. I suspect he's got far more in his arsenal too.

That is, however, a fantastically callous thing for the Prime Minister to say. It's almost unbelievable in fact, as it paints Johnson as a complete psychopath. If I was one of the people who believes he's a harmless buffoon, I'm not sure I'd swallow that.

Boris genuinely surprised that as PM he can no longer just say any old shit and get away with it because he's got mad hair and a baggy suit. Hopefully he's shutting himself about what else is going to get leaked 

Sad indictment that none of this will make a blind bit of difference to the majority of the British public however