Politics

Christmas Tree

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/17/labour-mps-keir-starmer-tories-two-child-benefit-limit

Labour will not get rid of the two child limit on Universal Credit payments. Apparently to do so would cost £1.3bn, but would also lift 250,000 children out of poverty. Just over £5000 per child.

Or to put it another way, Labour deems a child in poverty to be worth less than £5000.

EDIT - apologies, I misspoke - That's 250k children out of poverty, and a further 850k out of deep poverty. I don't really know what deep poverty is compared to poverty, but either way that reduces the per child cost significantly. Removing this cap is apparently the most cost effective way of dealing with this issue.

Well, well, well. It's always the ones you least, sorry, you totally expect. Apparently these on GB news banged the drum the loudest about Huw Edwards and the BBC......

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well, well, well. It's always the ones you least, sorry, you totally expect. Apparently these on GB news obviously banged the drum the loudest about Huw Edwards and the BBC......

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm now wondering if this was a criticism, a fantasy or a euphemism by this far right, grifting, ex-Sun, current GB 'news' cunt?

I'm sure it was ethical journalism. 

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s fake news created by the MSM to get back at him for telling THE TRUTH 

Of course! Of course it is. It's what they wanted us to think. Go woke, go broke or something. :lol:

• Haha 3

Anyone give a fuck if Farage gets to bank with the posh fuckers? No me neither but there’s a woman here who calmly states a few facts to

him on this issue and he somewhat loses his shit :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

Get the impression he’s annoyed purely because it’s a status thing. I also get the impression there’ll be some sort of crowd funding grift off the back of this. To fund some legal action that won’t take place and won’t be paid back either. Although anyone contributing doesn’t deserve their money back. He’ll shite himself the second there’s any suggestion the bank itself may take legal action over stuff he’s saying / writing about it though. Btw, this was the first thing Jeremy Vive wanted to discuss on his shit show yesterday. Like PL says, nee one gives a shite, but he seems to have called in a few favours to make this some pressing matter which is somehow linked to everyone’s freedom. I’m thinking of not banking with Coutt’s in the future like 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Btw, this was the first thing Jeremy Vive wanted to discuss on his shit show yesterday. 

Watching PMQs yesterday and they had two Tory MPs asking questions about Farage's account, both prominent Brexiters of course. Was there not one single national or constituency issue they thought was more important than the banking issues of a man never elected to national office?

These people up in arms about Coutts' decision to withdraw banking from Farage will almost certainly be the same ones defending a baker's right not to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

• Like 4