Politics

Christmas Tree

I have 15 months left on mine so thankfully the amount left means these rises aren't that bad for me. 

Of course most tory voters will have either paid theirs off or can afford increased payments. 

Edited by NJS

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I told you to fix ages ago to be fair Rents. Next time, listen to toontastics number 1 poster.

Face Feeling Yourself GIF

FYI: Robin Robin lives in Oz and isn’t subject to BoE bullshit anti inflation policies 😀

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

FYI: Robin Robin lives in Oz and isn’t subject to BoE bullshit anti inflation policies 😀

Aye but them round doors cost a fucking fortune.

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

I have 15 months left on mine so thankfully the amount left means these rises aren't that bad for me. 

Of course most tory voters will have either paid theirs off or can afford increased payments. 

15 months until you are paid up? Capitalist pig. 

One reason I'm suffering badly from this is that after my last move I remortgaged on a 15 year term, so I don't have to worry about this shit when I retire, if I make it that far. Still 10 years left like.  I'm increasingly hearing people are mortgaged for 40 year terms and/or until they're in their 80s. Grim. 

48 minutes ago, Renton said:

It will affect nearly everyone here I think other than the domed one, who smugly paid off his mortgage yonks ago after the golden handshake with Mr DFS man. I think each quarter percent rise has cost me around £25 pcm, and there have been 14 consecutive ones now. :lol:

At least I'm being gradually screwed. Some are in for a shock when they are suddenly turned over and dry bummed. 

That’s the whole point of it though.

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

15 months until you are paid up? Capitalist pig. 

One reason I'm suffering badly from this is that after my last move I remortgaged on a 15 year term, so I don't have to worry about this shit when I retire, if I make it that far. Still 10 years left like.  I'm increasingly hearing people are mortgaged for 40 year terms and/or until they're in their 80s. Grim. 

I'm an old cunt though - I bought my house in 99 and haven't moved. 

Was on 5 year fixed at 2.31% ends this month, have fixed again at 4.9% for 2 years (as opposed to 7.9% on variable), Nearly done anyway, thankfully, and will be downsizing at some point.

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm increasingly hearing people are mortgaged for 40 year terms and/or until they're in their 80s. Grim. 

If interest rates had returned to normal a lot sooner after 2008, not only would current mortgage-holders be facing less stress, we also wouldn't have had anywhere near as much of the rampant house price inflation that's causing people to have to take on longer mortgage terms just to lower the monthly cost to something vaguely manageable. Instead we've had the last 10-15 years, including a frigging stamp duty holiday at a time when people were generally looking for bigger/more expensive properties anyway. Cue more price rises, making the current interest rate rises bite even harder. Terrific. :lol: 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If interest rates had returned to normal a lot sooner after 2008, not only would current mortgage-holders be facing less stress, we also wouldn't have had anywhere near as much of the rampant house price inflation that's causing people to have to take on longer mortgage terms just to lower the monthly cost to something vaguely manageable. Instead we've had the last 10-15 years, including a frigging stamp duty holiday at a time when people were generally looking for bigger/more expensive properties anyway. Cue more price rises, making the current interest rate rises bite even harder. Terrific. :lol: 

The tory mismanagement of the housing market has been done with their customary aplomb. All to protect their demographic, who are rapidly literally dying out now. And more generally, classic short termism in politics which Starmer has vowed to continue with of course. What a time to be alive. I did enjoy the 90s/noughties while they lasted mind. 

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

summer world GIF

15 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Aye but them round doors cost a fucking fortune.

hobbit middle finger GIF

🙂 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So that’s Ben Elton not being invited round  Laura K’s for Sunday morning coffee ever again :lol: 

".....Little bit of politics there...."

0d088530bc0bb2fcef3e0a66c1ef11b9.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Alex said:

https://apple.news/AgI8NxgHMQFKk1_XHcHHRuQ

The fucking state of this article btw :lol: 

:lol:

Scanning it, it seems to be saying, yeah, the lifestyle and pay is better, but there are not enough coffee breaks, I don't get to sip pina coladas on the beach at weekends, the NHS is nearly as good, and it's a long way from home if there's an emergency family situation :lol: No shit.

My nephew's loving it like, Melbourne is apparently an upgrade on Stanley County Durham strangely enough.

• Like 3

Just now, Renton said:

:lol:

Scanning it, it seems to be saying, yeah, the lifestyle and pay is better, but there are not enough coffee breaks, I don't get to sip pina coladas on the beach at weekends, the NHS is nearly as good, and it's a long way from home if there's an emergency family situation :lol: No shit.

My nephew's loving it like, Melbourne is apparently an upgrade on Stanley County Durham strangely enough.

Aye, I know a lass I used to work with who’s been there about a year and her main concern is being able to get full residency. Also like how the dig at their health service is that it’s not much better than the NHS. But still better :lol: That and the basis of the wafer thin article being one bloke’s less than traumatic story and sone anonymous comments off Reddit. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It almost sounds as if they made a decision based on stereotypes and fuck all? 

There are a lot here who do think every day will be sunny and a holiday, but then realise that it is a long way away (which is frankly a good thing most of the time :smile:).  
It's something you need to commit to, and understand that there are differences. 

Frankly, they can piss off, because they give the rest of us a bad name.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

There are a lot here who do think every day will be sunny and a holiday, but then realise that it is a long way away (which is frankly a good thing most of the time :smile:).  
It's something you need to commit to, and understand that there are differences. 

Frankly, they can piss off, because they give the rest of us a bad name.  

I would think, the hardest thing to adjust to must be the ever present threat of Orcs though, surely ?

• Haha 4

They are discussing public sector pay on Jeremy Vine (I’ve turned it off, obviously) and one of the ‘experts’ is Ann Widdecombe :lol: it’s bad enough people like her were given a voice before Brexit tbh. How the cunting fuck are her views on anything relevant or worthy of attention? She’s insane 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

They are discussing public sector pay in Jeremy Vine (I’ve turned it off, obviously) and one of the ‘experts’ is Ann Widdecombe :lol: it’s bad enough people like her were given a voice before Brexit tbh. How the cunting fuck are her views on anything relevant or worthy of attention? She’s insane 

Shit like this is where the BBC massively lets itself down but then they get called woke and lefties. 

• Like 2

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Shit like this is where the BBC massively lets itself down but then they get called woke and lefties. 

It’s his abysmal tv show on Channel 5. Although she still gets on Politics Live, QT etc on the beeb. That’ll be because of her now being in the Reform Party. With its 0 MPs and 11 council seats (out of almost 19,000 nation wide) 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s his abysmal tv show on Channel 5. Although she still gets on Politics Live, QT etc on the beeb. That’ll be because of her now being in the Reform Party. With its 0 MPs and 11 council seats (out of almost 19,000 nation wide) 

His show was on the BBC or have I lost the plot? :lol: