Politics

Christmas Tree

A pal told me the other day, that if you remove the economy of London away, the UK is one of the poorest countries in Europe.  Behind countries like Slovenia.

I've tried looking for this but can't find it, but if true that's shocking

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A pal told me the other day, that if you remove the economy of London away, the UK is one of the poorest countries in Europe.  Behind countries like Slovenia.

I've tried looking for this but can't find it, but if true that's shocking

It's true. We have a huge issue with wealth inequality in this country. This is several years old, it is even worse now.

image.png.5dd7d43e1191c7b1ef1c4515b878c815.png

Other facts. This year Slovenia is overtaking us on GDP per capita. The poorest 20% of people in Poland are better off than the poorest 20% in the UK. Poland will overtake us on GDP per capita by 2030, possibly earlier. Romania will overtake us in 2040. By that stage, we will be the poorest country in Western Europe by some margin. London will still be rich though (well, some of London anyway). 

• Like 3

He was turned down by the other banks because they consider him a PEP so too much hassle. Ironically if he was a "non-person" as he claimed then they would have given him a account no bother. 

I think he probably knew that this would get fact checked but he’s got in there first and the original lie is now the truth… am presuming that was the intention, he didn’t honestly think this wouldn’t come out? 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Ironic that one of the  chief architects of our current shitstorm seems to be personally a bit down on his luck too…think the Roubles have maybe dried up a bit recently?? :lol: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66097039

Also…

fundamentally affect my future career and whether I can even go on staying living here in this country".

Having utterly screwed this country, please feel free to fuck off out of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It’s all a smokescreen so he can go and live in Europe and blame it on anti Brexit supporters 

Probably. Iirc his wife and kids have EU / German citizenship. I could see him rocking up in America too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Probably. Iirc his wife and kids have EU / German citizenship. I could see him rocking up in America too

Certainly the latter if his mate is back in the White House

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I fear the next GE tbh.

Fucked if am voting Labour. Pointless where I live anyway. We’ll see if we can cut our Tory bastards majority to 10k via the Lib Dem’s 😞

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fucked if am voting Labour. Pointless where I live anyway. We’ll see if we can cut our Tory bastards majority to 10k via the Lib Dem’s 😞

Just vote whoever is most likely to oust the incumbent tory cunt, perfectly logical and ethical strategy. 

• Like 5

It’s especially funny with Fawkes trying to point out that the report is actually 14 (yikes, almost a novel) pages long, but only for Bryant having to admit that the content of the report is actually 4 and a half pages.

It seems totally normal for this country that sone retired bloke who hoyed some confetti on some grass is public enemy no. 1. And also in need of a change in the law. Despite being arrested and no doubt subsequently prosecuted under current legislation. 
In other, completely unrelated, News we’ve just had the hottest ever day and June on record