Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That's it. I think starmer is trying to eradicate the left leaning people in the party. 

This has always been the problem for Labour- being leftist doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be some rabid radical, but getting the balance between proper leftist policies and appealing to all the members is near impossible, seemingly. 

We definitely need a root and branch shake up of the entire political system. 

Cameron got in on a 12 seat majority, and proceeded to fuck the entire country for decades to come through Brexit. 

Then, even though everyone could see it was an absolute shit show, there was no way to overturn it. 

The system is fucked, it’s not Starmer’s fault that it is, but he’s doing fuck all to make me think he’s the man to change it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

It’s not a tax on graduates though, it’s repayment of loans. I disagree with the interest rate but not the principle.

Would a wealth tax be beneficial long term? We already have mere millionaires leaving the U.K. to avoid tax. I’ve no idea of the overall value but I’d like to see a CBA.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It’s not a tax on graduates though, it’s repayment of loans. I disagree with the interest rate but not the principle.

Would a wealth tax be beneficial long term? We already have mere millionaires leaving the U.K. to avoid tax. I’ve no idea of the overall value but I’d like to see a CBA.

There should be a tax on moving money out of the uk

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There should be a tax on moving money out of the uk

People aren’t going to invest in the U.K. if they can’t then take their money out.

I bet the government could raise a lot of money though by investigating the billions in dodgy money running through the financial system.

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s a shame Corbyn was absolutely fucking useless as a leader, because he had some sound ideas. 
Who’s the next proper left leader-in-waiting, if there is one? 

It'll never happen man, the entire system will burn down anyone who gets anywhere remotely close to power with anything that looks even slightly like a threatening idea to the status quo. Starmer is the best we're going to get, and for my part, the whole lot of them can go hang at this point, I've fully given up.

• Like 1

This week I've seen quite a lot of posts on FB of people vandalising the ULEZ camera's.  What a country we live in :lol: There was a poll done where 61% were in favour of it.  

I have seen posts where people have taken photos of police speed check vans parked up warning people.  Yet if someone tells the police about drug dealers they're grasses.  What a fucking fucked up country.  It's simple.  Don't fucking speed! 

• Like 1

Sunak proudly declaring that 95% of schools are safe, I don't think is quite the win that he was hoping for. :lol:

Just the 5% at risk of collapse then Prime Minister? That's 1,100 schools BTW. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

She’s pretty soft left, she’s bright and impressive on camera. I don’t get it  

He's brought back Liz Kendal.

Tells you all you need to know. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't get why nandy has been demoted. what is starmer up to? she's always struck me as an impressive operator 

Without even speculating about what Starmer’s longer term plans are, all he arsed about is winning. He could be much braver because barring some unbelievable series of events, he’s already won. But he’s going for the ultra safe approach. He can get to fuck like. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Without even speculating about what Starmer’s longer term plans are, all he arsed about is winning. He could be much braver because barring some unbelievable series of events, he’s already won. But he’s going for the ultra safe approach. He can get to fuck like. 

terrified of being the next Kinnock I suppose.

I’m starting to lose faith I have to admit. By playing it so safe he risks handcuffing himself when he gets into number 10. He won’t have a mandate to change anything unless he can work out if he stands for something before they publish the manifesto. Proper grey man politics so far. MancMag would be a fan 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

terrified of being the next Kinnock I suppose.

I’m starting to lose faith I have to admit. By playing it so safe he risks handcuffing himself when he gets into number 10. He won’t have a mandate to change anything unless he can work out if he stands for something before they publish the manifesto. Proper grey man politics so far. MancMag would be a fan 

He’s in such a strong position in the polls that a 100 majority would be a bit of a damp squib. The problem is he doesn’t realise it’s got next to nowt to do with him and almost everything to do with the Tory economic train wreck 

• Like 2

He and his mates have no ideas, none. 

There central message is "we'll grow the economy" but have no response to how because it might involve spending commitments.

Bridget yesterday after condemning the state of schools responded about "no magic wand" when asked about funding. 

It's not fear it's policy. 

Edited by NJS