Politics

Christmas Tree

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Often £650k if the bequeathers* are married, too, since the spouse who dies first can pass on their inheritance tax allowance to the living partner.

I'm aware that the insane house price inflation in this country over the last 15 years means a lot of people with quite ordinary houses, especially in the south-east, will now find their estates exceeding this amount when they die - but it's not like you're taxed on the full amount, just the excess above the threshold, so ffs, really.

*bequestors? bequest-givers? :dunno: 

Even more if some of the estate is held in trust, I believe. 

He's 59. He's not a baby boomer who's built wealth, and in fact he was fucking skint until he won the lottery by becoming PM.

He's exactly the sort of person that will benefit from IHT changes, writing an article about how important it is that people benefit from IHT changes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's 59. He's not a baby boomer who's built wealth, and in fact he was fucking skint until he won the lottery by becoming PM.

He's exactly the sort of person that will benefit from IHT changes, writing an article about how important it is that people benefit from IHT changes.

The Mail appealing to its base. It’s read by people in their 60s and 70s who have so little to worry about, relatively,  they need to have things created. Immigrants, the EU, wokeism, trans rapists, etc. or in this instance a tax he did nothing about whilst he was PM. A tax that, by removing it, those same readers (not to mention de Pfeffel) are likely to benefit from. But with the added bullshit twist that it’ll help younger generations. I know it’s probably wrong but when I see sone cunt with that rag in their shopping trolley I instantly despise them :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex said:

The Mail appealing to its base. It’s read by people in their 60s and 70s who have so little to worry about, relatively,  they need to have things created. Immigrants, the EU, wokeism, trans rapists, etc. or in this instance a tax he did nothing about whilst he was PM. A tax that, by removing it, those same readers (not to mention de Pfeffel) are likely to benefit from. But with the added bullshit twist that it’ll help younger generations. I know it’s probably wrong but when I see sone cunt with that rag in their shopping trolley I instantly despise them :lol: 

I know how you feel. Makes me more angry at the paper than them though. My neighbours opposite read it. Tories through and through, absolutely loaded. But in all honesty, I find them lovely people. 

Also my mum hasn't read the DM in her life, in fact she subscribes to the Observer. Only watches BBC, not GBeebies or any such shite. She increasingly comes across as a DM reader as she gets older, frankly a racist. My worst fear is we are all hardwired to the same fate. 

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, for those of us who thought politics has become batshit in this country, I give you the new president of Argentina.....

:blink:

Quite the combover too

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, for those of us who thought politics has become batshit in this country, I give you the new president of Argentina.....

This cunt's going to want the Falklands back isn't he? 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Meanwhile in America...

Wasn't the actual accusation that he got them to piss on the bed as it was pointed out that Obama had slept in it? 

Probably worse so joking about his wife not believing he's into golden showers is nice deflection. 

I also take his "When a leftard molests someone they cover it up, but when someone on the right does it the left will kill you" to mean that he's definitely a diddler. What a strange thing to come out with unprompted. 

"Hello Mr President, congratulations on the victory in the recent election"

"WHEN THE LEFT DO A RAPE, THEY COVER IT UP BUT WHEN I DO A BIT OF RAPING THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL ME A RAPIST!"

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Are we talking task force again?? 😀

IMG_3228.thumb.png.28caa81ee7b1616ea1d38ae162a4eebf.pngIMG_3229.thumb.png.0fd548287acc80c57825cb0e69f5ab0c.png

Do you want to have another think about it? :cuppa: 

I assume there is a bigger garrison on the Falklands now plus military defensive technology? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

He looks like the “Give it Giggsy” lad if he was doing a Ken Dodd impression. 

Top notch lunacy from our favourite South Americans :lol:

• Haha 2