Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The same man also claimed that the breakfast wrap was his favourite thing on the menu at McDonalds despite it having not been available for years.

The thing I loved most about that quote was him saying "yeah that's just our thing", like this is just what cool dad Rishi does with his kids and you can not like me and my party but you can't take away my Maccy D time with my kids. And it was a fucking lie. These people are so so awful. :lol:

Sunak’s answers to what’s your favourite…? Remind me of Johnson talking about painting win boxes to look like London buses. Ie completely made up bollocks because he’s incapable of acting like a human 

The fact Truss has ruled out an OBR analysis of her emergency budget before she announces it btw. Yeah let's just roll the fucking dice you daft cow.

It's not like they won't do their analysis afterwards and fucking demolish it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The thing I loved most about that quote was him saying "yeah that's just our thing", like this is just what cool dad Rishi does with his kids and you can not like me and my party but you can't take away my Maccy D time with my kids. And it was a fucking lie. These people are so so awful. :lol:

His team's defence was even worse.

‘Rishi has barely seen his kids in the last two and half years since he became chancellor so there has been almost no opportunity to share a McDonald’s with them.

So 'Vote for the deadbeat Dad'. Well I suppose it worked for Johnson.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

No government can survive this shit storm, inflation getting near 20% ffs. As thing are projected now Labour would win a 120 seat majority with key tories including Rees-Mogg, Peter Bone and Johnson himself being unseated. Also she is fucking awful to listen to. I find it hard to imagine she will get a blip let alone a bump. 

Rees Mogg losing his seat would be glorious. It would almost make the economic Armageddon worthwhile.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

His team's defence was even worse.

So 'Vote for the deadbeat Dad'. Well I suppose it worked for Johnson.

"Yeah well it WAS our thing. When I saw my kids, it was! It might still be their thing, I don't know, I never talk to them."

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Rees Mogg losing his seat would be glorious. It would almost make the economic Armageddon worthwhile.

If Rees Mogg doesn't lose his seat at the next election, we should put a bus on and just go down and kick the fuck out of everyone we see and wreck the place. There needs to be consequences for this man's continued appearance on our TVs. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The fact Truss has ruled out an OBR analysis of her emergency budget before she announces it btw. Yeah let's just roll the fucking dice you daft cow.

It's not like they won't do their analysis afterwards and fucking demolish it anyway. 

They didn't even bother doing an economic analysis of Johnson's Brexit deal. But nobody in the media gave a shit. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I dunno mate. Seems like a pyhrric victory to me, he'll be alright whatever happens to him after shafting us all. You're probably too young to remember the unseating of Portillo in 1997. That was truly glorious moment, but there were a lot of differences. The main one being the country was feeding on a wave of optimism with our best days ahead of us (which we had imo until the tories got back in and fucked it all more than ever before). Now they have robbed me of all hope and left us with the wet drip Starmer to look forward to at most (yes, my opinion on him is souring). I can't see anyway of getting out of this abyss but maybe that's my depression talking, hard to tell nowadays. 

• Like 1

Starmer’s not a bad politician imo, it’s just that we’ve had such a parade of cunts that he appears to be a bit ordinary because, well, he’s not a cunt. 
If he became our next Labour PM after Truss I wouldn’t be concerned for the future of our country, unlike the present pack of bastards. 

• Like 3

I really hope he takes the hint that the most recent increase in lead was directly after they announced an actual policy/idea. I'd like so see more obviously but even a half-decent suggestion of an idea did reasonably well - just try some more..... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Starmer’s not a bad politician imo, it’s just that we’ve had such a parade of cunts that he appears to be a bit ordinary because, well, he’s not a cunt. 
If he became our next Labour PM after Truss I wouldn’t be concerned for the future of our country, unlike the present pack of bastards. 

I kind of agree but  just think he hasn't got it in him to start the changes this country desperately needs, major constitutional change. We're in an existential crisis now and a safe pair of hands just doesn't cut it now imo.

Difficult to see from afar, but we have just replaced a lying, power-hungry, fundamentalist with a bland politician as PM and he seems to be pushing ahead with a reform agenda (perhaps not as drastic as you are advocating) and is hugely popular.  Sometimes boring is what you need when all you have had for years is incompetence masquerading as maverick.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Renton said:

I kind of agree but  just think he hasn't got it in him to start the changes this country desperately needs, major constitutional change. 

Who does?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Who does?

Nicolas Sturgeon, Michelle O'Neill? This isn't the change I want though. Get PR in, then federalise the UK. Andy Burnham might be the man for this. Someone has to.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nicolas Sturgeon, Michelle O'Neill? This isn't the change I want though. Get PR in, then federalise the UK. Andy Burnham might be the man for this. Someone has to.

Someone somewhere needs to be brave enough to push the notion that we don't have time for the current bullshit anymore, and that we need to be dragged kicking and screaming into an age of collaboration and productive discussion.

• Like 2

The polls show that now Scotland is dead to them, Labour need a ridiculous poll lead over the tories to get even a single figure majority (i.e. > 326) but Starmer dismisses PR and at the same time says he won't form coalitions. It's delusional. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NJS said:

The polls show that now Scotland is dead to them, Labour need a ridiculous poll lead over the tories to get even a single figure majority (i.e. > 326) but Starmer dismisses PR and at the same time says he won't form coalitions. It's delusional. 

It might be but reflecting the shit storm coming our way, which will fuck blue wall pensioners as much as everyone else (in fact moreso if Truss carries out her tax cuts which won't benefit them), I don't think its beyond possible that Labour could win an outright majority even without Scotland. Pretty much all the opinion polls indicate this will happen, latest ones show Labour on an incrediblke 120 majority. But I think this could be ironically disastrous long-term, giving Starmer a mandate like this. I want to force him into coalition, whther official or not, and make him realise that it is in Labour's interest to get PR in. 

Electoral Calculus had Labour just short of an overall majority. Albeit looking at the previous month’s combined polls up to the end of July 

That would be a good result. If Labour can't win a clear majority now, they never will under FPTP.

I was listening to an interesting podcast yesterday. Europe, especially central and Eastern Europe, is much more exposed to the energy crisis than us. But since the war in Ukraine the EU have effectively gone into a war footing to fix their infrastructure to stop their reliance on Russian gas. All EU countries cooperating to get this done. The work is estimated to be completed by Spring next year, meaning they're in for a very tough winter which most politicians are honest enough to tell their citizens.

Meanwhile the UK, in potentially a much better position, has done fuck all to address the coming crisis through a combination of incompetence, corruption, and paralysis. And a media system that simply won't tell the truth to her majesty's subjects (we're not even citizens here). 

• Thanks 1