Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

That would be a good result. If Labour can't win a clear majority now, they never will under FPTP.

That's what I'm getting at though - if they get a small working majority based on the tory shitshow that's good but the next and subsequent elections would always be close calls - especially if they are unwilling or unable to affect real change. 

That's why they should use that "last" FPTP victory to get PR in imo. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

That's what I'm getting at though - if they get a small working majority based on the tory shitshow that's good but the next and subsequent elections would always be close calls - especially if they are unwilling or unable to affect real change. 

That's why they should use that "last" FPTP victory to get PR in imo. 

Yeah, I know, fully agree. Whether a referendum abolishing FPTP for PR would ever pass in this country with Dr Gloom and his mates is another thing mind. 

It should be based on the recommendations of a royal commission. Not another fucking referendum 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

It should be based on the recommendations of a royal commission. Not another fucking referendum 

Seems quite ironic to get a royal commission to fix a democratic manner! I would agree though, but don't know how it would avoid being nobbled by the usual suspects. Lets be honbest, none of this will happen in our life times anyway. 

Bit late to the party with this video of the Finnish PM dancing then having to take a drugs test but on actually seeing the video tonight my verdict is......

tenor.gif

• Haha 8

Fucking hell. Johnson at least knew not to give Rees Mogg a join that actually mattered ffs. John Redwood back in government too ffs. Cleverly ffs. Braverman. 

This lot are done. 

• Jaysus... 1

Braverman as home secretrary 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell. Johnson at least knew not to give Rees Mogg a join that actually mattered ffs. John Redwood back in government too ffs. Cleverly ffs. Braverman. 

This lot are done. 

Levelling-up isn't a real position tbf, but putting Rees-Mogg there is pure trolling that I imagine will just backfire.

The standout for me is Braverman as home secretrary. And of course Truss herself as PM. Frankly unbelieveable it has come to this during the biggest crisis post WW2. 

• Like 2

I'm still of the opinion that Sunak is the lesser of two evils. It's pretty clear that those who have been 2 miles up Truss's arse from day 1 will get cabinet roles. Don't fucking rule out Dorries yet either! 

It's a complete continuation of Johnson's mandate in my opinion. Our only saving grace would be if she called a snap GE but I cannot see her doing that.

They'll be having to send someone out on a weekly basis to walk back whatever the senile Redwood has tweeted out. 

It's gonna be a right fucking mess but there's fuck all we can do about it. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's gonna be a right fucking mess but there's fuck all we can do about it. 

That's the most depressing aspect of all. Knowing it's going to be utterly shit but powerless to do anything about it. 

I absolutely fucking detest these cunts.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Braverman as home secretrary 

Levelling-up isn't a real position tbf, but putting Rees-Mogg there is pure trolling that I imagine will just backfire.

The standout for me is Braverman as home secretrary. And of course Truss herself as PM. Frankly unbelieveable it has come to this during the biggest crisis post WW2. 

Levelling Up is, I presume, Sec of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities. So it is very much a real position as it’s the old MHCLG which had the ‘levelling up’ agenda added to it when Gove got the gig. Its remit covers housing and local government so there’s actually lots of scope for him to muck up important stuff. Certainly much more of a real job than the previous one which was basically leaking civil service cuts to the press and turning up unannounced at Cabinet Office buildings and leaving sarcastic notes on people’s desks. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

That's a great article. How many of us have said almost exactly the same as Maitlis here?

Reflecting on her time at the BBC, Maitlis said the corporation often slipped into a “both-sides-ism” approach to impartiality that gave a platform to individuals that did not deserve airtime.

I think we all did except for the so called Doctor Groom, who my knowledge is the only person on here that works in the media......

Think Michael Buble GIF by bubly

• Haha 2

I see Sunak's trying to out-vile Truss by saying they listened to experts too much regarding lockdowns and there should have been fewer and less restrictive. 

Proud to be a killer. 

• Like 2