Politics

Christmas Tree

This is the Rishi Sunak I remember from before his Chancellor days. The slick haired cunt that would go on telly and parp any old shite out of his ringpiece to get ahead. He was the one they'd send out when they'd done something indefensible and he'd swear black was white across all the morning press round. 

I hope his wife cheats on him with an Alsatian. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

And what about those of us who don't use gas, eh? 

When you use leccy, depending where you are, it comes from gas powered stations, it'll get you in the end.

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

When you use leccy, depending where you are, it comes from gas powered stations, it'll get you in the end.

Aye I know but where I'm from there's very little gas usage and when it's costing people £1300 to fill an oil tank and it has to be paid upfront it's going to be a massive problem for a lot of people who wouldn't even consider themselves poor.

I remember back in 1973 the blackouts. Schools were only open for a few hours on Monday morning for you to go in & collect work & hand in the 0revious weeks. There was s shortage of candles. I remember mam & dad buying a paraffin heater & having to walk miles with dad to the nearest petrol station to see if they had any paraffin left. We had ducted gas central heating but it wouldn't work as the fans were obviously electric. We'd sometimes sit in the kitchen with gas oven lit & the door open. I've tried explaining this to the my grown up kids but they've no idea what's coming 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye I know but where I'm from there's very little gas usage and when it's costing people £1300 to fill an oil tank and it has to be paid upfront it's going to be a massive problem for a lot of people who wouldn't even consider themselves poor.

It's going to be devastating for millions tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

I remember back in 1973 the blackouts. Schools were only open for a few hours on Monday morning for you to go in & collect work & hand in the 0revious weeks. There was s shortage of candles. I remember mam & dad buying a paraffin heater & having to walk miles with dad to the nearest petrol station to see if they had any paraffin left. We had ducted gas central heating but it wouldn't work as the fans were obviously electric. We'd sometimes sit in the kitchen with gas oven lit & the door open. I've tried explaining this to the my grown up kids but they've no idea what's coming 

I have vague memories of the power cuts but nothing as clear as that. 

What I do despise though is those who relish it happening again as some kind of thing people deserve just because the people who did face it think it's right that they do. 

(Not saying at all that you were saying anything like that Trooper). 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

What I do despise though is those who relish it happening again as some kind of thing people deserve just because the people who did face it think it's right that they do. 

I can't get over the "when I was a kid we managed" stuff, like it's absolutely fine to regress 50 years in living standards. It's crazy !!!!

Not only domestic prices are soaring, but commercial has no cap, so many businesses going to have to simply shut, can you imagine the bills for a chippy for example!!!

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't want anyone to have to go through it. What I'm doing is telling my kids to prepare now. Seriously thinking of getting on of those camping stoves with 2 burners so we can make a hot drink & warm up some soup etc

10 minutes ago, trooper said:

I don't want anyone to have to go through it. What I'm doing is telling my kids to prepare now. Seriously thinking of getting on of those camping stoves with 2 burners so we can make a hot drink & warm up some soup etc

A lof of them are already closing. Pubs as well. In fact everywhere.

My local leisure centre is in trouble. They've put a swim unto £8.10 for an hour. Puts me off going regularly so think putting up prices isn't going to help them.

We are in for tough times.

Edited by Holden McGroin

2 hours ago, trooper said:

3 day week 🙁 

3 hours ago, trooper said:

I remember this , I was 4-5. 
Parents sold it to us as indoor camping :lol:

Candle light and paraffin heaters, sandwiches and cereal. 

Fuck that noise coming back, tbh. 

• Like 2