Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

We were talking about political election campaigns. I've already said I have no problems with people having political ideas or theories I don't support. But what I do have a problem with is politicians telling outright lies to gaslight their audience. You seem to think that's fair game, wither that or you just don't seem to accept some things are an absolute truth.

Take the infamous 350 million on the side of the bus. That was factually untrue for two reason. Firstly, because it didn't represent the true net figure of contributions, but honestly, that was deliberately done in order to obfuscate the much more important point. Which was the money we contributed to the EU was paid back at least ten fold by having access to the single market and many other membership benefits. Should that have been legal? Not in my opinion. Should it have led to the referendum being anulled. Yes, in my opinion. Why was the referendum not anulled? Oh yeah, because it was an advisory referendum even though you yourself have claimed the results should have been binding. And yeah, I'm an angry remoaner, because this is an example of how lies have completely fucked up this country. ANd this is before we even fucking consider Johnson himself.  

I never said it was fair game, I was responding to the outlandish claim that "people shouldnt be allowed to vote" because they are stupid or lied to.

I agree totally on the leave campaign - told outlandish lies and spread misinformation  and that should be punished as a crime, but it wasn't. 

But we are supposed to be a democracy - and YES these decisions should never have gone to a referendum as its above the average person. But it did so EVERYONE should be entitled to vote - that's democracy.

You use your own words "opinion" , it's as valid to you as the brexiteers opinion is to him. We shouldnt be denying others their opinion and putting ourselves on a pedestal.

And lying in politics is by no means a new thing its decades old.

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Global conditions blah blah, Putin blah blah, Covid blah blah

Useless cunt

Irrational, but it irks me she calls him 'poo-tin'.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

"I acted decisively to ensure economic stability". Did she really just say that? 

She's saying that in answer to every question. Why are you still here ? "I acted decisively to ensure economic stability"

Does she even think about what the fuck she's saying? 

It's hilarious how shit she is even about selecting who she faces a question from :lol:

She's retarded.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Does she even think about what the fuck she's saying? 

It's hilarious how shit she is even about selecting who she faces a question from :lol:

She's retarded.

She even struggles with selecting the next person to ask a question :lol: 

Apparently Robert Pest-On is the next person :lol: 

1 minute ago, scoobos said:

You use your own words "opinion" , it's as valid to you as the brexiteers opinion is to him. We shouldnt be denying others their opinion and putting ourselves on a pedestal.

You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between fact and opinion man. I give up.