Politics

Christmas Tree

Feedback from Tory MPs:

One backbencher told the BBC: "I voted for Liz but I think she just appointed her successor [Jeremy Hunt]. Awful. Sadly I think that hastened her demise."

A former cabinet minister described the news conference as "awful. That did not look like a woman fighting back. There's not much reason for optimism."

Another former minister said: “I can’t see how she survives. It was her policy."

An MP first elected in 2019 added: “She can’t sack a chancellor and pretend she had nothing to do with it. She trashed our reputation, she’s the captain, the sinking ship is hers."

A former minister describes it as "a car crash - don't think she can survive this".

Another MP says: "It was just bizarre. I don't know where we go from here. It's dreadful. The great and good of the party need to tell her to go."

A backbencher who supported her for the leadership and liked her mini-budget says they are “very disappointed… She’s under quite a threat and I don’t think today would have helped... She doesn’t have the presentational skills, she’s quite wooden.”

Another MP: "Not a convincing performance."

Sorry like, they can't just fucking appoint Jeremy Bastard Hunt as PM with zero due process and expect us all to just be alright with it. Sunak I could just about understand given he was last man standing along with Truss in their last attempt to find someone competent in their party. 

But Hunt has multiple failed leadership bids on his CV. If he wasn't good enough before, he's not good enough now. 

General election or I'm coming down there to sort this shit out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Sorry like, they can't just fucking appoint Jeremy Bastard Hunt as PM with zero due process and expect us all to just be alright with it. Sunak I could just about understand given he was last man standing along with Truss in their last attempt to find someone competent in their party. 

But Hunt has multiple failed leadership bids on his CV. If he wasn't good enough before, he's not good enough now. 

General election or I'm coming down there to sort this shit out. 

Hunt is a safe pair of hands. Also Jeremy Hunt:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

A backbencher who supported her for the leadership and liked her mini-budget says they are “very disappointed… She’s under quite a threat and I don’t think today would have helped... She doesn’t have the presentational skills, she’s quite wooden.”

:lol: Who the fuck is only just noticing this now?!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Surprisingly, none of them have the stones to put their name to the comments. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Just sat here thinking that now. Anyone with Liz Truss Supporter on their CV, just fucking shut your mouth for the rest of your life. Do not turn up on my TV telling me why this or that policy is right for Britain when this daft cunt was your last big recommendation. 

Should I watch Mrs Brown's Boys too, arsehole? 

• Haha 3

Therese Coffey inviting the CLP onto a zoom call "for a chat". Truss's big play for her political future is to get people on a call with THAT. :lol:

I bet she's got a cigar on and a big baked bean stain up her front. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Slightly late to this but where the FUCK has Hunt emerged from?! Has he been hanging in the bellows of Parliament like the phantom of the opera?

And if political commentators are to be believed, he'll be the next PM

28 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Slightly late to this but where the FUCK has Hunt emerged from?! Has he been hanging in the bellows of Parliament like the phantom of the opera?

From what I’ve seen he’s actually been doing a half decent job as chair of the Health Select committee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sad she won’t have her cabinet positions much longer 

No more party buckets for one on the expense account. Poor beast. 

One thing about this whole shit show that makes me genuinely laugh is that Brexit, the very thing that was meant to keep the Tory  Party unified, has been the prime cause of their utterly comical self-destruction. 

Just a shame that we’re all getting shafted in the process. 

• Like 4

“ Good Evening, The Taj Mahal, Westminster, can I take your order please?”

” Rajpal, it’s Coffey, can I have my Bad Day at Work order please?”

” Certainly Ma’am, so 10 stuffed Paratha, Two buckets of chicken pakora, 6 Lamb Bhuna, Three Duck Naan Pizza, extra pickles, no salad?
Anything else?”

” Beer… all of it.”

” Certainly Ma’am”

*belches, “ Fucking sharpish! “

hangs up 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFtMnvjfJx1qIRPvcKE9_

• Haha 8