Politics

Christmas Tree

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Probably. The thing is their base will go back to being selfish cunts even if Labour turn things round economically as they start worrying about ‘illegal immigrants’, ‘scroungers’, etc again 

Very true, I'm hoping this demographic might be dying out personally, put my faith in the youth. Unless of course we all morph into cunts as we grow older. I've definitely drifted more to the right as I've aged, but don't think I would ever step over the centre line. 

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Be fucking hilarious if she'd called him in to say "those letters don't count, I've removed the whip from the cunts, so fuck off"

That might work in the short term. They still wouldn’t vote to bring down the government as they’d lose their jobs for the most part. 

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But what’s the difference between Labour and the Tories?

Needs far more. You know it, I know it. None of that arrests any of the crisis we're living through.

Although I do wonder if 'sick pay for all' extends to self employed. If it doesn't then none of that does anything whatsoever for me - would be useful to see something around mortgages/housing and the like.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Needs far more. You know it, I know it. None of that arrests any of the crisis we're living through.

Although I do wonder if 'sick pay for all' extends to self employed. If it doesn't then none of that does anything whatsoever for me - would be useful to see something around mortgages/housing and the like.

He’s speaking to the unions. I’m not expecting him to tell them his full plan for government.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He’s speaking to the unions. I’m not expecting him to tell them his full plan for government.

Fair enough, but you said they were positioning themselves as different to the Tories. And yes, we all know in the technical detail that this is true, but those sort of policies are window dressing, not real distinction. You're right though, I'm sure there's more to come.