Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

By next week my four month old will have lived under three PMs, two monarchs, four Chancellors and three Home Secretaries. FFS. :lol: 

I bet their first words are "I wanted chaos with Ed Miliband"

• Haha 1

Will this be the first time ever we have a PM who is operating under a mandate that was won before their predecessor was put in charge? 

The pressure for a GE is going to be off the scale, and rightly so.

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

By next week my four month old will have lived under three PMs, two monarchs, four Chancellors and three Home Secretaries. FFS. :lol: 

There's a canny few bits of food in my mum's fridge that have seen the same. Mind her fridge is a fucking health hazard. 

• Haha 1

If they do, somehow, find it in themselves to submit to a General Election - I think that would redeem some of the Tories in my eyes. It is clear to everyone, including them, that they are not fit to govern at present. Acknowledging this and putting the country first for a change would be something that I could respect.

But it's really not going to happen given how many of them would have to jump ship. Unless of course there's some almighty schism about to unfold in their attempts to find a new leader. I think though, that the ERG are now beaten.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If they do, somehow, find it in themselves to submit to a General Election - I think that would redeem some of the Tories in my eyes. It is clear to everyone, including them, that they are not fit to govern at present. Acknowledging this and putting the country first for a change would be something that I could respect.

But it's really not going to happen given how many of them would have to jump ship. Unless of course there's some almighty schism about to unfold in their attempts to find a new leader. I think though, that the ERG are now beaten.

I think they'll "compromise" and promise an election in summer 2023. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're going to let members vote. This genuinely opens up the possibility of the return of Johnson. It's who those fucking lunatics want. 

Surely only one candidate goes forward to the membership?