Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Novara Media. Big pals with Ash Sarkar, which tells you everything you need to know. 

It didn’t, until I looked her up :D Apart from the aforementioned grift angle, as we’ve mentioned before, this lot just seem to want to whinge from an ideologically ‘pure’ position in perpetual opposition. Fuck actually helping people.   

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It didn’t, until I looked her up :D Apart from the aforementioned grift angle, as we’ve mentioned before, this lot just seem to want to whinge from an ideologically ‘pure’ position in perpetual opposition. Fuck actually helping people.   

it's all very people's front of judea 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Craig said:

Shell's profits for Q3 2022 reached £8.2bn. IN Q3 2021 it was £3.6bn so a 128% increase in 12 months!! 

But that means loads of money for the treasury thanks to the windfall tax!

Oh no, apparently despite their massive overall profit they failed to make any money at all in the U.K. thus avoiding having to pay a penny. Funny that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Novara Media. Big pals with Ash Sarkar, which tells you everything you need to know. 

Does she still 'Fuck like a champion' or has she grew up a bit and realised it's more information than we need to know and friends and family might see her Twitter profile? I don't disagree with a lot of their beliefs to be honest but it's a nice career shouting from the sidelines, who wants to be in charge? 

• Like 3

Simon Case refusing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Braverman's resignation. 

So once again it's over to journalists to try and hold this lot to account. Seems Braverman is the type to have a lot of enemies so hopefully there'll be a willing leaker. 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't disagree with a lot of their beliefs to be honest but it's a nice career shouting from the sidelines, who wants to be in charge? 

Could quite fairly level this at all of us too mind :lol: Although I guess we're at least not trying to make a platform for it.

The News Agents

It's "only" a podcast, but it's a podcast presented by Sopel, Maitlis and Goodall so I imagine it has a decent listenership. Haven't listened to it yet but I'm assuming there's a decent amount of shitting on Brexit going down. 

Decent favourability score for Sunak (+2) though (still behind Starmer (+7, I think) and I think he's 1 point ahead of Starmer on who would make best PM. 

This is likely to be a high tide mark on those scores though given he's barely been in the job 5 mins. 

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The News Agents

It's "only" a podcast, but it's a podcast presented by Sopel, Maitlis and Goodall so I imagine it has a decent listenership. Haven't listened to it yet but I'm assuming there's a decent amount of shitting on Brexit going down. 

Smug media wankers in a circle jerk about how correct they are. And they are. But there’s something nauseating about the three of them together. I hate people who are that fuckin pleased with themselves :cuppa: 

Oh God What Now / News Agents / Rest Is Politics

The regularity of the News Agents episodes has thrown my podcast rotation into disarray though. All the political and football ones listened to on 1.5x speed cos I'm a fucking lifehacking content consumer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The News Agents

noise about the brexit effect is

building. Finally  

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They’re preaching to the converted mate. No one who needs to listen will do so… 

a platform like politics live reaches a more diverse audience.

no one is. talking about rejoining the single market any time soon, let alone the EU itself.

But politicians starting conversations like this on the “MSM” (dear god, did i just write that?) no less, is a good starting point. A debate about how and why Brexit is hurting our economy has to be a good thing.

We must find a way to make it work better than it is right now 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1