Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn disgusting tonight trying to score political points in response to PM’s statement on Russian nerve attack. Rightly taken to task by his own MP’s.

CT, this is pathetic :lol: The Tories were what, branding him a traitor a little while ago? And they've tied him to Pro-Russian groups repeatedly. Pot calling kettle black. Hoisted by their own petard. Fucking rekt, as the kids would say.

They can get to fuck.

I may be slightly drunk.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

CT, this is pathetic :lol: The Tories were what, branding him a traitor a little while ago? And they've tied him to Pro-Russian groups repeatedly. Pot calling kettle black. Hoisted by their own petard. Fucking rekt, as the kids would say.

They can get to fuck.

I may be slightly drunk.

You should keep drinking

A foreign state launches a chemical attack on UK soil and the leader of the opposition tries to score a few political points. Obscene.

Rightly rounded on by his own MP’s.

Joke of a man surrounded by a small band of misfits and nutters. He’ll no doubt be on Russia today in the morning brown nosing Putin.

Wake up @Rayvin :(

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

A foreign state launches a chemical attack on UK soil and the leader of the opposition tries to score a few political points. Obscene.

Joke of a man surrounded by a small band of misfits and nutters. He’ll no doubt be on Russia today in the morning brown nosing Putin.

You voted for him, dipshit

On 3/10/2018 at 20:51, Rayvin said:

You're confusing a solution to a particular problem with something I personally desire. 

You described communism as 'fair', one could take that to be an endorsement.

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Apart from the last line I'm not sure what you could possibly take issue with.

DYJf5qJXkAA_HML.jpg

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You described communism as 'fair', one could take that to be an endorsement.

Communism is entirely unworkable in practice but in theory, fair. Happy? ;)

Edited by Rayvin

I like the way you're still determined to defend the statement even though you never made it.

A year ago you'd have been big enough to admit you were wrong but things have changed in this post-Brexit world.

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I like the way you're still determined to defend the statement even though you never made it.

A year ago you'd have been big enough to admit you were wrong but things have changed in this post-Brexit world.

Ah you amended the post. To be honest I think that just demonstrates my consistency :lol: I was certain on my view of this because I have never once believed that the UK should adopt communism. In fact I don't recall ever feeling any particular positivity towards communism. I assumed that the post you quoted was relevant in some wider context but knew myself well enough to be certain that whatever that context was, I wasn't advocating communism :D

Everything I've said since has simply reflected my view on it further :cuppa:

I guess I shouldn't have been lazy and just checked the context when you posted it.

But as I said, I knew I wouldn't have been advocating for communism to be applied.

Here is my actual quote for anyone interested ;)

"I have offered a solution btw, I 'suggested' a government that wasn't wedded to the Thatcherite notions of how society should be run. Granted it seems that the current iteration of this suggestion isn't sufficiently competent to make it work/get into power in the first place, but realistically there's no alternative if you believe, as I do, that the Blairites haven't actually understood what is going on. If they get back into power, the whole steady descent continues. Granted, not as quickly as under the Tories."

EDIT - and in theory, communism is fair.

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Apart from the last line I'm not sure what you could possibly take issue with.

DYJf5qJXkAA_HML.jpg

Chemical weapons used in Europe for the first time since WW2 and Corbyn wants to make a cheap political point about donations and lets not be too nasty to Russia.

All donations have to pass strict criteria and can only come from UK citizens. That issue (not that it is one), has nothing to do with a state attack of nerve gas on UK soil.

Moments like this, the left and right come together and show a united front. Thankfully the majority of the Labour Party know this and responded accordingly.

Corbyn was rightly condemned by all sides, Tory, SNP and Labour.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

All donations have to pass strict criteria and can only come from UK citizens. That issue (not that it is one), has nothing to do with a state attack of nerve gas on UK soil.

You don't think that taking half a million in donations from the wife of a former Russian minister compromises the party in any way?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You don't think that taking half a million in donations from the wife of a former Russian minister compromises the party in any way?

Time and a place. Yesterday was neither.

BTW, you seem to have loads of free time these days, have you now taken over the family business and just sit and a big desk with numerous monitors :lol:

When is the time then? John Ashworth raised concerns directly with Theresa May in 2016 and nothing was done to stop the flow of Russian money so surely now is exactly the time for raising awareness about the Tories' willingness to accept foreign money.

And I'm incredibly efficient at my work which allows me so much time to school you.

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Time and a place. Yesterday was neither.

BTW, you seem to have loads of free time these days, have you now taken over the family business and just sit and a big desk with numerous monitors :lol:

It was an absolutely pertinent issue to raise and the only reason you're 'outraged' by it is because some other people have called it political point scoring and the irony is, they've only called it that for that exact same purpose. They're either enemies of Corbyn in his own party who are getting all holier than thou at the first opportunity or Tories who want to deflect attention away from a very uncomfortable proof. No surprise to see you lap it up though

• Like 1