Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

1/3rd through Marr and Boris hasn't been on yet. And they have another 2 guests on top of him. He's going to get 10mins at this rate 

Think it's 15 mins longer than normal.

Aye full 26 minutes which is being taken as evidence that he's not doing Neill, as that's as long as they get against him. 

The BBC have fully fucked this one unless Marr somehow grows a second scrotum in the next few minutes. 

Yep. Within an hour of the Conservatives publicly declaring they aren't politicising this incident. The next 2 weeks are going to be Boris claiming he was nowt to do with the last 3 Tory governments and can't be blamed for their fuck ups

I thought that didn't look great for Johnson tbf, but he was allowed to tell unchallenged lies about child poverty and the Khan case. 

That there isn't someone on the Marr team who knows, or that Marr himself doesn't know that the child poverty thing is a lie is a shitshow. 

If he refuses to do the Neil interview, the BBC should just broadcast that interview in primetime but stick on screen captions correcting his lies. It's as close as they'll get to giving Neil the job to do. 

The whole interview was a shitshow. Marr just doesn't have the same style as Neil when it comes to dragging people back to the question. I'm not sure Boris answered a question today.

Every response was either:

- That was Labours fault

- That was the last Conservative governments fault

- Listen to my manifesto plans

Johnson makes my skin crawl. I just don't get it. I know Corbyn is hated by many people, but how can any working person in the North of the country prefer Johnson as PM? Trump all over again. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Johnson makes my skin crawl. I just don't get it. I know Corbyn is hated by many people, but how can any working person in the North of the country prefer Johnson as PM? Trump all over again. 

It's a mixture of prolonged propaganda by a media very much in favour of the conservatives with an underlying hint of doing anything other than vote for 'Boris' and chums is not being patriotic to Britain. Also it questions their mental facilities and to admit that they've been stitched up by their failure to see through the Eton chancers is something they just aren't prepared to see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So the Marr interview was a complete waste of time I guess. Did he land any blows at all?

Johnson didn't answer anything, see J69's post. Imo he did look flustered and pathetic though, so definitely not a bonus for him. Also the Neil narrative is sticking and is making him look like a coward. He said "I am happy to be interviewed by any Andrew from the BBC". Dont understand why he said that, but the BBC should use it to keep the pressure on. 

Aye, that was the moment when Marr should have said ‘right so you’ve agreed here on national TV to be interviewed by Andrew Neil’ but instead he moved on to something else.

Part of the problem is that Marr is live. You’d get much more in the Neil setting iof an extended interview and then cut it down to avoid all the bluster.

Hmm I see.

In other news, I just got polled for Yougov on which way I would vote - first time I've ever been asked anything. Expect my response to cause a huge surge in Labour's polling over the next few days :cuppa: 

I suspect it reflects nothing more than those who are going to vote Tory hammering Labour and vice versa.

The number of right wingers I've seen trying to gain traction with this notion of "but Labour is full of antisemitism" over the past few weeks is laughable. I don't even think they really understand what it means, it's just an attack word.

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I hope you said sorry. 
:lol:

:lol: Wasn't an option.

I did enjoy myself with the bit at the end where they give you a clean slate to write your feelings on the Conservatives, their campaign, and their policies :D 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Nice one Jezza. This sort of craic is bound to win over those red wall marginals 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/01/jeremy-corbyn-uk-military-intervention-fuelled-radicalisation

There's actually some potential overlap with the Trump-esque right on this. As I've said before, this is more about globalisation vs anti-globalisation more than it's about left vs right - non-interventionism is anti-globalist, and on that note might resonate with the sort of people voting Brexit.