Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There are plenty of Tory toffs at the BBC, I doubt many of them are editing packages for the 1pm bulletin.

I'm not sure if you are deliberately missing the point here. There is an inherent institutional bias in the BBC, as per the above definition. Doctoring videos goes beyond that and needs investigation.

Another mate of mine a couple of years ago became a farmer.

He was slaughtering Labour last night on FB.  

Lots of his mates jumped on the band wagon.

The mates included;

An our of work cycle mechanic 

A single parent who is a labourer

A single parent who doesnt work

Another farmer

So when someone pointed out to him the lies the Tories have made, about 200k 'new' coppers, the 40 new hospitals, the 'new' nureses and doctors etc.  They all got hostile.

Why the FUCK would people in the above positions vote them blue shit house bastards?  WHY?  The Farmers will loose their fucking EU subsudies.  The cunts were moaning about thefts from farms been up earlier this year.  What do you expect when cunts you vote for are cutting police left right and centre.  YOU THICK CUNTS

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Another mate of mine a couple of years ago became a farmer.

He was slaughtering Labour last night on FB.  

Lots of his mates jumped on the band wagon.

The mates included;

An our of work cycle mechanic 

A single parent who is a labourer

A single parent who doesnt work

Another farmer

So when someone pointed out to him the lies the Tories have made, about 200k 'new' coppers, the 40 new hospitals, the 'new' nureses and doctors etc.  They all got hostile.

Why the FUCK would people in the above positions vote them blue shit house bastards?  WHY?  The Farmers will loose their fucking EU subsudies.  The cunts were moaning about thefts from farms been up earlier this year.  What do you expect when cunts you vote for are cutting police left right and centre.  YOU THICK CUNTS

Fella near me at the theatre the other night was sniping about Poles and Romanians then, almost in the same breath, talking about his plans to move to Australia if Labour win so "Corbyn doesn't get his hands on my money".

These people all have the vote, unfortunately.

• Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not sure if you are deliberately missing the point here. There is an inherent institutional bias in the BBC, as per the above definition. Doctoring videos goes beyond that and needs investigation.

i don't accept either of those videos were deliberately doctored to distort the truth. to say the bbc is guilty of peddling disinformation is a big accusation. it's quite different to what the tories did to the kier starmer interview. 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Gisela Stuart at a Conservative party press conference. What is going on in her tiny little mind?

‘I still hold Labour values’ while standing on a stage beside Boris Johnson encouraging people to vote for him. 

What a cunt.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't accept either of those videos were deliberately doctored to distort the truth. to say the bbc is guilty of peddling disinformation is a big accusation. it's quite different to what the tories did to the kier starmer interview. 

The idea that any institution is able to be incapable of bias is ridiculous. It seems clear which way the BBC leans. Not that this should be a surprise to anyone. 

I said a week or so ago that it's not good enough to simply point to right wingers bleating about BBC bias and use that to claim that it's probably impartial (both sides complain), because those right wingers are often utter morons. The BBC is biased against Labour and the left. I don't think it means to be, but through sheer fear of the Tories, they have become it. Spineless and broken institution.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Really? I think its arguably much worse, because its subtle. And guess what, the BBC is supposed to be impartial, whereas the CCHQ aren't.

I am certain it was deliberate because there was no reason to do it, except to put Johnson in a positive light. Did the order come from the top? I don't know, that's why I think it needs an investigation.

I'm wondering what it will take until you see there is a problem here. Probably be too late by the time you do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

‘I still hold Labour values’ while standing on a stage beside Boris Johnson encouraging people to vote for him. 

What a cunt.

She's close to the top of my top of the cunts list. And it's a very long list. 

i agree that the way the package for the 1pm bulletin was edited looks suspect but a version with the laugh in it already went out in full on the 10pm bulletin. could a politically-motivated editor have done it deliberately for the 1pm bulletin? it's possible but i'm certain that video editors are not generally being instructed to edit boris in a favourable light. 

the wreath-laying is the kind of editing fuckup that happens all the time. it is highly cynical to suggest it was politically motivated. but apparently everyone is a TV producer now. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Johnson has seriously said that abolishing the tampon tax is the second most important benefit of Brexit. :lol:

The number of things Brexit achieves being as low as it is, I actually think that might be believable.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The number of things Brexit achieves being as low as it is, I actually think that might be believable.

And he’s also boasting that we can create free ports once out of the EU. Which of course we already can do while in the EU.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

The more I’m seeing the less I’m convinced I was right. I think the BBC need to investigate the errors made during this campaign.

I also think we need to review the government’s influence in the BBC charter and an independent group to look at the minimum number of debates and interviews required from the main parties in future elections.

Joking apart I don’t blame you or Gloom at all for thinking the way you did. It should be an absolute ludicrous suggestion that the Beeb are biased in the run up to a GE. Unfortunately it’s looking more and more like it might be the case 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i agree that the way the package for the 1pm bulletin was edited looks suspect but a version with the laugh in it already went out in full on the 10pm bulletin. could a politically-motivated editor have done it deliberately for the 1pm bulletin? it's possible but i'm certain that video editors are not generally being instructed to edit boris in a favourable light. 

the wreath-laying is the kind of editing fuckup that happens all the time. it is highly cynical to suggest it was politically motivated. but apparently everyone is a TV producer now. 

How about signing party leaders up to be grilled by Andrew Neill before securing the same arrangement from the PM? Another ‘mistake’. Have a word with yourself 

• Like 1