Newcastle United vs Southampton F.C

The Fish

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But for 2 sitters missed, that was our game.

I think Anita played very well, just think Cabaye adds much more to the creativity.

Palace and Stoke next. Need to win at Selhurst Park so we're still the "form side" going into the Xmas period.

Edited by The Fish

Pardew got it WRONG!!

When he took Amoeba off he should have put BenArfa on, not Cisse. In fact he should have put BenArfa on at halftime.

I'll settle for the point but we should have had three. We dropped 2 points needlessly. Too bad Remy missed that sitter.

Echo the sentiment here. Two points most definitely lost here as Remy failed to convert two gilt edged chances. We should have gone into the break with that second goal insurance policy.

The other contentious issue was the substitution of Shola. Our setup was working with him as a focal point up top, so he should only have come off with an injury (there's no reason why he shouldn't be for enough to last a full 90) or with a like for like replacement. It was compounded by bringing Cisse on, as though we could afford the luxury of playing him back into form (that's what's the reserves are for).

I think Anita played very well, just think Cabaye adds much more to the creativity.

He faded towards the end for mine and have the ball away cheaply a few times. I think that could be the result of him rarely playing a full match.

Not a bad result, Southampton will feel they deserved the point. Cant help but think about Remy's sitter though, 3 points would have been wonderful. Usually you expect to beat a team below you in the table at home so its 2 points dropped for me but its not the worst draw ever because Southampton are a very neat outfit.

Regardless of the draw I have to say that was one of the games I really enjoyed so far. Southampton play some good football and the game could have swung either way. Remy missed two absolute sitters that is slightly worrying but we played some brilliant football first half and in spells the second.

The one thing that should be said is the way Pardew set us out second half. We sat back as per trend and invited pressure, which ultimately culminated in their goal. We really should be more ruthless and play to finish games off. Sitting back, especially against good footballing sides like Southampton, is not playing to our strengths. That is the worrying thing about today and has been a problem all season. Play to our strengths and we can give anyone a game. Sissoko was brilliant first half, but sitting behind the ball neutralizes that threat.