Newcastle United v Arsenal

JonTheMag

Are Wilshere and Ramsey definitely out for this? Big boost for us if they are. We definitely have a good chance I reckon as Arsenal have looked tired the last few games and they had to work hard to beat West Ham, whereas our lot had it quite easy.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants to set up 4-4-2 and bring in Shola for Ben Arfa, with Tiote and Cabaye in midfield and Sissoko/Gouffran out wide. Remy often looks isolated as a lone striker and I don't think he's very effective at all in that role, and Shola will bother their centre-halves and make a nuisance of himself, which will give us another dimension to our attack.

But I think Pardew will line up 4-5-1 with Anite, Tiote, and Cabaye in the centre of midfield. We will need a lot of harrier-type players in the midfield against Arsenal and Anita is good for that role.

Can't see HBA starting no matter what formation. Pardew doesn't trust him to be disciplined enough on defence and we'll probably be doing a lot of that tomorrow.

Pardew making nice with Wenger here - apparently our plan for the next 3-4 years is to finish top 8. I think we all knew this, but I'm wondering why it's 3-4 years and not 'forever':

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/28/newcastle-arsenal-pardew-wenger-champions-league

Also they can fuck off with that 'Arsenal on Tyne' bit.

Edited by Rayvin

#NUFC v @Arsenal (4-3-3): Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini ©, Williamson, Santon; Anita, Tiote, Cabaye; Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran. #NEWARS

#NUFC subs v @Arsenal: Elliot, Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Cisse.

Guy Mowbray is an idiot, 'Alan Pardew, is my manager of the first half of the season but they don't like him here, he's a southerner, it's as simple as that'.

What utter bollocks.