Only in America

The Fish

Trump:

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?”

Rubio:

“The bigger problem in New York is, it’s almost impossible to even have a gun and protect your families,”

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Outrageous! Days after a shooting, Mr LeGrier filed a wrongful death lawsuit after his son who was not armed was killed. Officer Rialmo has now filed a lawsuit against the victim's family.

"The fact that LeGrier's actions had forced Officer Rialmo to end LeGrier's life and to accidentally take the innocent life of Bettie Jones has caused, and will continue to cause, Officer Rialmo to suffer extreme emotional trauma," the lawsuit says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35519757

Outrageous! Days after a shooting, Mr LeGrier filed a wrongful death lawsuit after his son who was not armed was killed. Officer Rialmo has now filed a lawsuit against the victim's family.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35519757

With this and pretty much everything else that has been posted in this thread... how hard would it be for me to relocate to the UK as an American married to an English citizen?

With this and pretty much everything else that has been posted in this thread... how hard would it be for me to relocate to the UK as an American married to an English citizen?

Bloody imigriants, coming over here, marrying our wimmins.

You need to be earning a minimum salary or have a large amount in savings. Don't know the exact figures.

A decent job is a starting point as I understand it - and a facet of immigration policy I agree with - skills should be part of the deal.

Totally agree. That's something that this nation's immigration policy should have...

You'd have to get down on bended knee and ask me properly. Plus it'd have to be a proper church wedding.

Totally agree. That's something that this nation's immigration policy should have...

Does it not?

Plus you'll still have to file a US tax return and possibly still pay US tax despite not being resident.

You'd have to get down on bended knee and ask me properly. Plus it'd have to be a proper church wedding.

Tempting...

Does it not?

Plus you'll still have to file a US tax return and possibly still pay US tax despite not being resident.

Not as far as I can tell which is probably why it is an issue (especially with the Republican side of the debate). As for the tax return, I would imagine it would only be for the time that I was working in the US in that year prior to the move. Otherwise I would be free and clear. If I were to maintain ownership of the house and use it as a rental property then I would still be paying US Taxes...

You won't be allowed to take your gun with you btw.

I am willing to sacrifice my arsenal of AR-15s that I use strictly for target practice and home security. The grenades and rocket launchers on the otherhand....

As for the tax return, I would imagine it would only be for the time that I was working in the US in that year prior to the move. Otherwise I would be free and clear. If I were to maintain ownership of the house and use it as a rental property then I would still be paying US Taxes...

Nope, I had a read at this yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/35383435

Nope, I had a read at this yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/35383435

Damn....

The United States is one of only two countries in the world that has citizenship-based taxation (the other is Eritrea).

This is one thing that baffles me about this country... all of these politicians rolling out the "we are the best country in the world" nonsense when we are with f#$%ing Eritrea on this taxation issue and are one of three countries that don't have paid maternity leave (Suriname and Papua New Guinea being the other two countries).